HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Playoffs / Gagarin Cup 2013 Round of 16

Old
02-22-2013, 08:42 PM
od71

vCash: 500
I really enjoyed Nichushkin. Methinks in some of his plays had he changed his number to #71 everybody would have thought it's him, Malkin.
It would be pity if Traktor get ousted.

od71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:49 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
E. Kane is a top-line player in the NHL, Rinne is one of the best goalies in the NHL, Nabby also had poor performance in the KHL. It seems to me you do not understand: the hockey is different and different players succeed in different leagues. I'm 90% sure Stamkos would be an avg player in the KHL or may be little bit above avg.
Jagr said: There are a lot of skilled players in the NHL who would not succeed in the KHL and vice versa a lot of skilled KHL players would not succeed in the NHL.
Yes, exactly, you just have proved my point Dear Russian/Pro-Russian guys, read into the posts, it's like your brains turn off when NHL is mentioned. I'll explain it step by step:

Vicente was saying: This season Ovechkin is a lot better because he has played very well in the KHL
I replied: Playing in the KHL is irrelevant when comparing one Ovechkin's season with another because game in the KHL requires different skills and is a different thing altogether
You replied: Playing in the KHL is different and requires different skill set and some NHL players wouldn't succeed in the KHL

So how your reply oppose me? Basically you've just supported my opinion while adding "It seems to me you do not understand" in the process.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:55 PM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Yes, exactly, you just have proved my point Dear Russian/Pro-Russian guys, read into the posts, it's like your brains turn off when NHL is mentioned. I'll explain it step by step:

Vicente was saying: This season Ovechkin is a lot better because he has played very well in the KHL
I replied: Playing in the KHL is irrelevant when comparing one Ovechkin's season with another because game in the KHL requires different skills and is a different thing altogether
You replied: Playing in the KHL is different and requires different skill set and some NHL players wouldn't succeed in the KHL

So how your reply oppose me? Basically you've just supported my opinion while adding "It seems to me you do not understand" in the process.
Wrong. You replied: "It was KHL, for God's sake. Leo Komarov is a top-line player here. Sorry but it doesn't really count. "

Old
02-22-2013, 09:59 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Nobody was questioning that.

On the other hand, isn't it the same excuse Ovechkin and his fans use for at least 2 years? He's shooting the puck, he's creating chances, the passion is there, he is getting his chances..
You have no clue what you are talking about.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:03 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Wrong. You replied: "It was KHL, for God's sake. Leo Komarov is a top-line player here. Sorry but it doesn't really count. "
And you've just misread it anyway you wanted because you have to defend KHL's honor even when nobody's attacking it. That's what I'm talking about.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
od71

Quote:
And you've just misread it anyway you wanted because you have to defend KHL's honor even when nobody's attacking it. That's what I'm talking about.
I read just what was written. There was not written: "I replied: Playing in the KHL is irrelevant when comparing one Ovechkin's season with another because game in the KHL requires different skills and is a different thing altogether". It seems to me you are already confused in your own words.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
You have no clue what you are talking about.
So you will just act as smart-ass and won't say anything. Good for you. I and Latgale_fan were discussing his progress (or lack of progress) when you showed up, said that we are not watching games, he's still creating chances (like anybody would've doubted that) and that I have no clue what I'm talking about. Well that's truly a bunch of constructive criticism. Say something to the point, name a few areas you think he has improved over the year and ensure us he has no attitude problems. Because you don't seem to have a clue what you are talking about too.

Quote:
I read just what was written. There was not written: "I replied: Playing in the KHL is irrelevant when comparing one Ovechkin's season with another because game in the KHL requires different skills and is a different thing altogether". It seems to me you are already confused in your own words.
How am I confused? In my reply to you I wrote what I meant more clearly because you misread my first post. I can't see where am I confused though. How one contradicts another?

Last edited by SoundAndFury: 02-22-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 10:35 PM
od71

Quote:
How am I confused? In my reply to you I wrote what I meant more clearly because you misread my first post. I can't see where am I confused though. How one contradicts another?
If so, you can't exactly express your thoughts. There are too much freedom in interpreting your posts.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:49 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
If so, you can't exactly express your thoughts. There are too much freedom in interpreting your posts.
I wrote my opinion to Vicente (that Ovechkin's game in the KHL is irrelevant to discussion) pretty clearly. I didn't feel like I have to clearly list the reasons why is that so at the time because we weren't talking about it at all.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Vicente

Quote:
I wrote my opinion to Vicente (that Ovechkin's game in the KHL is irrelevant to discussion) pretty clearly. I didn't feel like I have to clearly list the reasons why is that so at the time because we weren't talking about it at all.
It's not that you wrote Ovechkin has played good in KHL because it's a league where his skills are more useful and it can't be compared to NHL hockey but you wrote he isn't any better than before because it was only KHL and not the "great" NHL.

Off course it makes a difference what team you are playing in. When Ovi played for Dynamo he was one of their best players, when he played for Russia aswell. Washington has a problem with their whole roster.

You wrote a good player scores for any team. Sure, but not in these good numbers. Do you think Stamkos or Malkin would be topstars in teams like Columbus or Avtomobilist?!?

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:23 AM
anofsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury
It was KHL, for God's sake. Leo Komarov is a top-line player here. Sorry but it doesn't really count.

Quote:
You -paraphrased- said in the KHL sub-forum that the KHL sucks. I'm not sure why you are suprised you got heat for that.

Also, a reply in a forum is a different thing than a private message.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
It was KHL, for God's sake. Leo Komarov is a top-line player here. Sorry but it doesn't really count.
Well, to be honest he was 25 points per season guy in KHL, I'm not saying that isn't ''top line player'' but if we talk just about scoring he wasn't that much of a standout star. It's the small and dirty things he does that made him ''famous''

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:49 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Well, to be honest he was 25 points per season guy in KHL, I'm not saying that isn't ''top line player'' but if we talk just about scoring he wasn't that much of a standout star. It's the small and dirty things he does that made him ''famous''
Still, he flat out was Dinamo's best player on ice on most nights. He made things happen even if that didn't really show up on score sheet.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:23 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
You wrote a good player scores for any team. Sure, but not in these good numbers. Do you think Stamkos or Malkin would be topstars in teams like Columbus or Avtomobilist?!?
Absolutely. Ovechkin himself tore the NHL apart on the Washington team which was only good for a lottery pick on the line centered by Dainius Zubrus on most nights!

On the big ice it's a bit more about your linemates but still Kuznetsov for example made a name for himself on a pretty awful Traktor team.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Absolutely. Ovechkin himself tore the NHL apart on the Washington team which was only good for a lottery pick on the line centered by Dainius Zubrus on most nights!

On the big ice it's a bit more about your linemates but still Kuznetsov for example made a name for himself on a pretty awful Traktor team.
I think Tarasenko and Sibir is even more better example. At least last year's Traktor was already a solid top team, while Tarasenko's Sibir was a bottom dweller and didn't get in the play-offs. Sure his line with Enlund and Lehtera was very good but I think in any team you could find two solid linemates for your star. How the other lines play though is another question.

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:11 PM
od71

Today I hope Lev, Slovan, Atlant will get revanche. I don't want them to lose all games.
If you ask what team is a most hated in Russia, I think it's SKA. As for me, I'm not a hater, but I have never been SKA fan, except period when Tarasenko played there. As a matter of fact I supported Spartak, Dinamo Riga, Atlant when they played against SKA in PO. These teams were really fun to watch those days and deserved victories. As for SKA, there is a little chance that they will win the Cup this season. At least I won't put my money on it. Their best line is Toresen-Mortenson-Pruha. If they will slump, like it was in PO last season against Dinamo, no chance for SKA at all.

Last edited by od71: 02-24-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old
02-23-2013, 10:20 PM
ozo

Better late than never, but ever since I and SoundAndFury dissed Yeremeyev he has been fantastic. 38 save on 41 shot is amazing no matter what league you play in. Still got to laugh about Traktor, to let in 5 goals on 16 shots, that's unthinkable from such a solid team.

Also kudos to Barys NA scouting department.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:26 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Any chance to see playoff highlights? Not the ones in English on Youtube.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:42 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Any chance to see playoff highlights? Not the ones in English on Youtube.
http://video.khl.ru/category/highlights

Obviously in Russian, but it shouldn't be that hard to guess, what you should click to see some random game highlights (in all sorts of quality).

Old
02-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Vicente

Great first period between Atlant and SKA! Very entertaining hockey with multiple chances on both sides but unfortunately SKA are already in front.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:33 AM
NotProkofievian

So I guess no one else is following Severstal - Lokomotiv?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Vicente

Not sure. I guess both series are amazing. Would like to watch both but unfortunately that's not possible.

Atlant turned the match!!! 2-1 for them within less than two minutes!

Old
02-24-2013, 08:32 AM
NotProkofievian

TBH, this is the first series in the KHL that I've followed. The hockey's pretty good. Very fast, lots of plays, a decent amount of hitting. Enjoyable.

However, it's looking like Buchnevich will again not come close to the ice, so, that's a bummer.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Vicente

Atlant with a 3-1 lead after 40 minutes! And they play amazing hockey! If they lose today, SKA should take a deep breath and try to get the 3rd win tomorrow or a first-round exit is not so unrealistic anymore.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:23 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Atlant and Seva win, Slovan can win too, but that should be it for underdogs today, go CSKA :-)

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote