HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Dunkin Donuts - DID NOT GET MY RECEIPT - extremely DISSATISFIED

Old
02-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Everyone is apparently health freaks who never eat fast food or anything bad.
Pretty much.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:48 AM
pox

vCash: 767
Send a message via MSN to pox
Hulk smash on the ****ing counter

pox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

vCash: 500
It's a good thing you posted this complaint on HFBoards. Doing so will surely resolve the situation in a matter you find satisfactory.

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:49 AM
pox

vCash: 767
Send a message via MSN to pox
Tim's counts fritters as doughnuts even long johns too

pox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Novacane
LOCK

This is why you don't buy ****** donuts.

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:12 AM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
If this really happened to you, then you come off like a total dick.

These register jockeys make next to nothing and you expect her to be an expert on Dunkin Donuts policy? What if it was her first day?

What if the manager really did call in sick and she really did need manager approval for a debit refund? They don't just shut down the restaurant in cases like that.

It's a donut, man. Ask her to give you whatever is available and be happy. You're paying for deep fried sugar-dough for **** sake.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:24 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 597
You ordered six donuts but then wanted two fritters. When you couldn't get that, you wanted two coffee rolls. Are those donuts? No. And then you made a big deal about it and you think the people in line think you're some hero or some ****. You order six donuts you get six donuts.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:25 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Wow this Cheryl chick sounds bad ass, and the OP totally got schooled by a 16 year old chick

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:26 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Riveting tale, Chap

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

And today you have discovered the customer is NOT always right.

Tank King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

It's MainDotC. What did you expect.

02-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

I know she's only 16, but I'd really like to meet this Cheryl chick.

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Poison and Wine

vCash: 564
Stories like these end up on notalwaysright.com

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:11 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Everyone is apparently health freaks who never eat fast food or anything bad.
I mean, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people that are overweight, but by god I atleast attempt to go to the gym, do cardio and have a decent workout, and I feel I'd be bigger than I am. But seriously, not everyone does that, and who really cares. When I see a fat guy, I'm like "1 less person as competition". Other people's lifestyles shouldn't be chastised like they were in this thread. If you want to eat a donut, eat a ****in donut.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:53 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
Last night I was on my way home from work and I stopped off at the Dunkin Donuts at 135 Albany St Cazenovia, NY 13035 to pick up a half dozen donuts. I paid for the order and the clerk "Sheryl", who looked about 16 and likely a student at Cazenovia College, asked me which donuts I'd like. I was all set to get two boston creme, two vanilla creme-filled, and two fritters and be on my way. There were 2 - 3 people standing behind me.

When I mentioned the two fritters she said she was unable to give me those as they were considered "special" items and do not classify as donuts. I gave her a chance to reason and explained that this information was not provided to me at the time of purchase and the agreement was to provide 6 donuts. She restated that they were "special" items and I could not have them. I asked for a justification and she stood there, put her HANDS ON HER HIPS, and said flatly "I dunno I guess because they have filling in them." I quickly countered stating that the boston and vanilla creme-filled had filling so LOGICALLY the price should be the same.

Sheryl refused to give me the donuts. So, angry as I was, I decided that this was just a one-off issue and I would let it go. Next to the fritters were the coffee rolls. I asked for two coffee rolls. By the way, now there are about 6 people behind me with unhappy looks on their faces - probably due to Sheryl's mistreatment. She stated that the coffee rolls were also a special item and that I could not include them in my half dozen. I explained to her that I had purchased coffee rolls before and they were not considered a special item and to please put the rolls into the bag. She refused and repeated that they were considered a special item. I pointed out that there were NO SIGNS ANYWHERE stating what were "special" items versus non-special items. I said "what about the peanut-covered donuts?" which were at the bottom, below the coffee rolls. She said they are eligible for the half-dozen.

I asked how that could possibly be because the peanut-covered donuts obviously take much more work/effort to create given that the peanut pieces have to stick to the donut. There were people behind me yelling "COME ON" and I believe the lady right behind me had children in the car waiting. I explained to Sheryl that those people were waiting on her whenever she decided to fill the order properly. She refused again.

I asked to speak to the manager and Sheryl said she called in. I asked for a number where the manager could be reached and she said "I don't know - google 'dunkin donuts' and call that number". I said I had enough and that I wanted back my money. She stated she could not give me back money since I paid using my debit card. I asked for the money to be refunded to my card and she said that was not possible because the manager wasn't present and it required manager authorisation. I explained to her that she does not need the managers approval for putting money back on MY card - she requires MY authorisation. She still refused.

I ended up getting two more chocolate glazed. I have been furious about this all night and have escalated the matter to DD corporate after speaking to Jane, badge #58382 via their 800 number. I have yet to hear back but I expect to hear from them by this evening as the weekend is coming up.
I get your frustration, about not being able to select donuts properly because without available criteria. But aside from that you sound like the real dick here. Honestly, did you really think you we're going to get your way by defeating a young girl working at a ****ing DD in a battle of logic? Do you really think she's the person that makes the determination of what is or is not a donut? The poor girl is just doing what she's been instructed to.

Sorry as someone who spent a lot of time in the service industry I can't stand to see people get berated like this. It's not exactly glamorous work, and fast food employees are the lowest on the service industry totem pole and are treated like scum... and that's before they interact with a customer like you.

None of your demands are unreasonable, but for Christ's sake have some decency

If you want a real reason to ***** about DD you can hear my story, which involves stopping through the DD in the ****ing ghetto after a particularly long day at the hospital, only to have one of the staff filch my debit card information and go on a shopping spree the next day.

That's a reason to be irate and to cause a scene... yet because I have some decency all I did was politely call the manager of the store to inform him to keep an eye on his staff and to let him know I wouldn't be visiting his business anymore. He apologized profusely and sent me $100 worth of gift cards for me to use at other locations.

See where being a d-bag gets you though

Last edited by zytz: 02-16-2013 at 03:00 AM.
zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:55 AM
weaponomega

If i was behind you I would have punched you in the back of the head.

Then I would help you up and apologize.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:00 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:35 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

what was the price difference between the fritters/coffee rolls and donuts ? couldn't have been that much...

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:37 AM
darko

Cool story bro.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 23100
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Man, bunch of people in this thread. Who cares if someone eats donuts?! Who knows what weight the OP is anyways? Were they buying them for friends as well? Who knows, who cares. What they eat is their business.
OP is well known in the Lounge for complaining about his weight.

You should post this story on the Dunkin Donuts facebook page, it'll be one of those things that goes viral and gets thousands of people all over the internet telling you you're wrong.

“It’s embarrassing. I’m embarrassed to be here right now. It’s not even funny. And it’s just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. It’s not how you’re going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

If OP has weight issues maybe he shouldn't be going to DD lirl

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Mental image of angry fat man at DD is hilarious.

"I got a movie for you, fatty. A fridge too far."

Old
02-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
There is a reason there are no more Dunkin' Donuts in SoCal...except on a marine base
I posted in the Shawty thread about how they were expanding into SoCal

http://www.dunkindonuts.com/DDBlog/2...alifornia.html

Quote:
And so, today is an extremely happy and momentous day for our brand, as I have the privilege of making the long-awaited announcement that Dunkin’ Donuts will in fact be expanding into Southern California. We are now actively seeking franchisees to open Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, San Bernadino, Ventura and Orange Counties in California. We expect the first new Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in California to open in 2015.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Well you got to give the OP credit

It's been a while since we had one of these threads where basically the entire Lounge comes to mock and deride someone

Last one I believe was the Money May* guy

Old
02-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
I sincerely doubt the customers were angry at me. I'm not the one who made up the ad-hoc rule that fritters and coffee rolls are "special items". I'm going to the gym in the morning (yes seriously) in Syracuse and then on the way home I'm going to stop in Caz and speak to the manager at DD. I'll be streaming live on my ustream channel to get this whole thing sorted out.
Lol we all told you they were special items

When I get a dozen donuts I don't look in the box and see a damn fritter or coffee roll

Here, let me help you out, show you what a doughnut looks like for future reference.