HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Samuelsson out 2 weeks, fractured finger

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 09:14 AM
  #26
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Having to watch Cleary every night amritie?? I'll show myself out.
It's too bad Hudler isn't on the team anymore... Could probably blame him.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:17 AM
  #27
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Having to watch Cleary every night amritie?? I'll show myself out.
I have to say, I am a fan of snarky Heaton. One bright spot in this otherwise dull season has been your slow transition into a jaded, sarcastic fan (don't worry, it's not offensive for me to say that because I'm one too)

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:35 AM
  #28
Z40
High Compete Level
 
Z40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
You would have to think Bedard knew about Howard's blurred vision. He works with Jimmy the most. I highly doubt trainers would stay quiet if they knew. I wonder what the repercussions will be, if any, for whoever withheld information.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:43 AM
  #29
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Fugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 29,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Concussion for Howard? Where and when did that come from?

When players have dizzyness, headache, blurred vision, for example, or anything that appears neurological, they are removed from play and have to go to a quiet room, and get a baseline neuro exam. A concussion isn't diagnosed on the spot, but if there are symptoms suggestive of one, they must consult a neurologist before they can return to play.

There's a massive thread on the business board that's been tracking all the sports and policies:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...822006&page=15



American Medical Society for Sports Medicine position statement: concussion in sport
http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/47/1/15.full

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:52 AM
  #30
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,766
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Having to watch Cleary every night amritie?? I'll show myself out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40 View Post
You would have to think Bedard knew about Howard's blurred vision. He works with Jimmy the most. I highly doubt trainers would stay quiet if they knew. I wonder what the repercussions will be, if any, for whoever withheld information.
I hope it's something. I don't want this swept under the rug, because allowing the guy to play like that, if he'd gotten run or something, could have had serious long-term effects on Howard's career, or, God forbid, ended it. Whoever knew should have spoken right up to Babcock.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:58 AM
  #31
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,992
vCash: 500
Howard longterm and in comes Mrazek? I could be ok with that.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:22 AM
  #32
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Concussion for Howard? Where and when did that come from?
During practice apparently. Hopefully it's not too severe.

I want to know who the **** bumped into him.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:26 AM
  #33
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist
 
Osgood As It Gets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,047
vCash: 651
Quote:
Helene St. James @HeleneStJames

Per Ken Holland, #RedWings F Mikael Samuelsson has non-displaced fractured finger. Out minimum 2 weeks.
It's a meh injury, Samuelsson didn't do much in his game back the other night, i'd rather have Tatar / Andersson.

Osgood As It Gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
  #34
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,648
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
It's a meh injury, Samuelsson didn't do much in his game back the other night, i'd rather have Tatar / Andersson.
Nobody does much after a groin injury.

But I think this finger injury is just good for him. He can put his skating back together on that time.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
  #35
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
It's a meh injury, Samuelsson didn't do much in his game back the other night, i'd rather have Tatar / Andersson.
Alright, call up Sheahan and let him replace either Cleary or Abby on a scoring line.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
  #36
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist
 
Osgood As It Gets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,047
vCash: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Alright, call up Sheahan and let him replace either Cleary or Abby on a scoring line.
I get what you're saying, but Tatar has been looking good and I'd rather give him more minutes. Samuelsson is bigger and shoots, but rarely hits the net.


Last edited by Osgood As It Gets: 02-20-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Osgood As It Gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:00 PM
  #37
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Having to watch Cleary every night amritie?? I'll show myself out.
Cleary for backup goalie!

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
  #38
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
I get what you're saying, but Tatar has been looking good and I'd rather give him more minutes. Samuelsson is bigger and shoots, but rarely hits the net.
I'm willing to accept how Babs does things. He wants a big body which is the only reason Cleary and Abby are playing in the top 6. Tatar is not a big body. So he is unlikely to get bumped up. He had a few nice plays last night and I'm definitely a fan, I am just willing to accept reality and if Sheahan gets a call up there's a good chance Babs gives him top 6 ice time. It's better than Cleary and Abby in the top 6.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
  #39
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
I'm willing to accept how Babs does things. He wants a big body which is the only reason Cleary and Abby are playing in the top 6. Tatar is not a big body. So he is unlikely to get bumped up. He had a few nice plays last night and I'm definitely a fan, I am just willing to accept reality and if Sheahan gets a call up there's a good chance Babs gives him top 6 ice time. It's better than Cleary and Abby in the top 6.
Hey, as long as Tatar gets his regular shift I'm good. His role right now is fine, it's just that he could be playing an even greater one with the current lineup. I think Cleary playing in the top6 stings more than Tatar playing on the 3rd line. But at least he's getting NHL time, and he's not looking out of place. Makes me feel a little better about next season already.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
  #40
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500
Cleary is a big body? He sure does play small and weak.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
  #41
Shoalzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 14,004
vCash: 500
[Hides hammer behind back]

Oh, that's too bad about Sammy...

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:26 PM
  #42
Shoalzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 14,004
vCash: 500
So, does this get Mursak back in the lineup for sure?

The best part of the veterans getting dinged up or playing like crap...it just shows that it's not that much worse than if they just let some of the young bucks run this thing.

Out of all the injuries, they miss Helm the most...nobody has his speed. The rest of the injuries haven't been crippling. Losing Howard for a while would suck.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
  #43
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
So, does this get Mursak back in the lineup for sure?

The best part of the veterans getting dinged up or playing like crap...it just shows that it's not that much worse than if they just let some of the young bucks run this thing.

Out of all the injuries, they miss Helm the most...nobody has his speed. The rest of the injuries haven't been crippling. Losing Howard for a while would suck.
Don't think so, by my count there's 13 healthy forwards. Should be between Eaves or him.

One by one I think Helm affects the team the most. But when you lose Bert, Franzen and Sammy at the same time, really the only big bodies up front, that's crippling to your success.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:41 PM
  #44
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Hey, as long as Tatar gets his regular shift I'm good. His role right now is fine, it's just that he could be playing an even greater one with the current lineup. I think Cleary playing in the top6 stings more than Tatar playing on the 3rd line. But at least he's getting NHL time, and he's not looking out of place. Makes me feel a little better about next season already.
Yeah, the big takeaway is he's showing he belongs. He's got puck skills and we clearly lack that right now. I think the worst thing would be for him to be bumped up and then if his production dries up he gets sent back down. He's doing a nice job with his role and I want to see him continue to play for the DRW.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
  #45
BinCookin
Registered User
 
BinCookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Maybe Holland was thinking... man we are old... we are going to have alot of injuries.

But those that are not injured still play better than rookies (his thinking not mine)

so ill sign 16-17 forwards, then when they get injured, I will have extras !

ya ya

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
  #46
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Keep em coming!



#DeathforSeth

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:01 PM
  #47
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
#DeathforSeth
The only injuries that might give us a chance for the lottery is if both Z and Datsyuk are out for the season. This team is still too good to be a lottery team.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:03 PM
  #48
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.
 
redwings85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: America's Hat.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,958
vCash: 500
And the Injuries keep comin...

Holy potato.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:08 PM
  #49
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
The only injuries that might give us a chance for the lottery is if both Z and Datsyuk are out for the season. This team is still too good to be a lottery team.
It was moreso just a sentiment rather than an actual plan so I agree with what you're saying, but I feel like both players will eventually get an injury sometime this season given their recent history.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
  #50
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
The only injuries that might give us a chance for the lottery is if both Z and Datsyuk are out for the season. This team is still too good to be a lottery team.
Well with the revamped lottery all we have to do is miss the playoffs to have a shot. Could you imagine the outrage if we got the number one after coming in 14th? Would be spectacular.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.