HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Joe Thornton vs Jonathan Toews Feb 15th 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Fred Murtz

vCash: 500
Thorton b****slapping Toews last year.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:37 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Thornton made his point and let Toews off easy.

There have been a lot of calls going in favor of the Blackhawks in games involving the Sharks this year. The goal that made it 3-1 tonight was on a PP that should have been a 4-4. And the 4-1 goal was scored after the Sharks failed to clear the zone after a Blackhawk's forward grabbed the dman.
Sharks were 0-5 on the PP.

They lost 4-1. They got dominated pretty bad so let's not act like it mattered. Even if the Sharks had a 5 minute 5 on 3 power play I am not sure if they would've scored.

Btw, the penalty on Brookbank that gave the Sharks first PP of the game was complete BS. The Sharks could've taken advantage of the bad call but they didn't. They have lost 7 in a row for a reason. They can't score right now.

That is the difference. Brookbank and Burish scrum, both should go in the box but instead only Brookbank does. Sharks do nothing on the PP. Sharp and whoever on the Sharks get into a scrum with Sharks guy punching Sharp in the face with his gloves on so he goes off for penalty. Hawks score. Blame Demers or whoever committed the dumb penalty and your PK for not doing their job.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post

They lost 4-1. They got dominated pretty bad so let's not act like it mattered. Even if the Sharks had a 5 minute 5 on 3 power play I am not sure if they would've scored.

Btw, the penalty on Brookbank that gave the Sharks first PP of the game was complete BS. The Sharks could've taken advantage of the bad call but they didn't. They have lost 7 in a row for a reason. They can't score right now.

That is the difference. Brookbank and Burish scrum, both should go in the box but instead only Brookbank does. Sharks do nothing on the PP. Sharp and whoever on the Sharks get into a scrum with Sharks guy punching Sharp in the face with his gloves on so he goes off for penalty. Hawks score. Blame Demers or whoever committed the dumb penalty and your PK for not doing their job.
This stupid reasoning comes up every time the refs screw up, and it's stupid. Who scores or doesn't on PPs or PKs has exactly NOTHING to do with whether calls are screwed up.

Which speaking of, the Sharp penalty was absolutely another blown call, since Sharp punched Demers flush in the face AND dropped his gloves, yet somehow Demers gets the only penalty.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:43 PM
bumperkisser

******** by toews. challenges someone to a fight and then turtles after.. dont go after him then jesus

Old
02-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
******** by toews. challenges someone to a fight and then turtles after.. dont go after him then jesus
Actually arguably smart to take the key to our PP off the ice. But the full extent of the penalty was not called. So in a way, even smarter.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:

Yes, the Sharks went 0-5 on the PP. yes, Brookbank getting the only penalty early was a bad call. But, my original point still stands. The Blackhawks have gotten fortunate on quite a few calls/non-calls involving these two teams.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:51 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post
Thorton b****slapping Toews last year.

Exactly. Toews talked about having to stand up for himself against the bully in order to prove a point. He can only take so much from Thornton who doesn't like to drop the gloves(even reluctant to drop them with Toews who sucks at fighting) but he will still throw sucker punches with his gloves on. That ****ing hurts when you consider that the gloves are made to make your hands indestructible. So when you refuse to take them off but throw cheap shots it does a lot if damage to an unsuspecting player.

Toews was abused last season by dirty play from the Sharks last season giving him a concussion. It is annoying seeing people acting like Thornton is the victim here for embellishing and beating up Toews. Poor guy. All I know is the Hawks teammates side with Toews and it brought them closer together. As Patrick Sharp said "unfortunate about the penalties but that is 4 minutes we'll glad kill off". The Hawks killed off 3 minutes of PP time and had the best scoring chance of the 3 minute PP...then drew a penalty and scored during the 4 on 4 play 15 seconds later. They looked inspired and they really took it to the Sharks after the Toews fight. Glad Toews tried to do something about the dirty play. He has seen Thornton elbow Perron in the head and made Perron miss almost and entire season.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Exactly. Toews talked about having to stand up for himself against the bully in order to prove a point. He can only take so much from Thornton who doesn't like to drop the gloves(even reluctant to drop them with Toews who sucks at fighting) but he will still throw sucker punches with his gloves on. That ****ing hurts when you consider that the gloves are made to make your hands indestructible. So when you refuse to take them off but throw cheap shots it does a lot if damage to an unsuspecting player.

Toews was abused last season by dirty play from the Sharks last season giving him a concussion. It is annoying seeing people acting like Thornton is the victim here for embellishing and beating up Toews. Poor guy. All I know is the Hawks teammates side with Toews and it brought them closer together. As Patrick Sharp said "unfortunate about the penalties but that is 4 minutes we'll glad kill off". The Hawks killed off 3 minutes of PP time and had the best scoring chance of the 3 minute PP...then drew a penalty and scored during the 4 on 4 play 15 seconds later. They looked inspired and they really took it to the Sharks after the Toews fight. Glad Toews tried to do something about the dirty play. He has seen Thornton elbow Perron in the head and made Perron miss almost and entire season.
Lol he wasn't reluctant to fight Toews, he was surprised Toews had the stones to drop his gloves.

And you may want to look at Thornton's fight card from the past before looking so silly. He fought Andrei Nazarov as a rookie.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:02 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
This stupid reasoning comes up every time the refs screw up, and it's stupid. Who scores or doesn't on PPs or PKs has exactly NOTHING to do with whether calls are screwed up.

Which speaking of, the Sharp penalty was absolutely another blown call, since Sharp punched Demers flush in the face AND dropped his gloves, yet somehow Demers gets the only penalty.
Okay. Lets ignore who was the better, superior team on the ice both games(Hawks) and instead focus on the fact that instead of getting a 4 minute PP with Toews out 15 minutes, they instead got a 4 minute PP but Toews was only out for 9 minutes. That is the real story here.

Never mind that Toews' first shift on the ice after the penalties was the Sharks only goal of the night. If he got more penalties the Sharks might not have even scored at all.

Clearly we need to take our minds off the fact the Sharks were badly outplayed and have now lost 7 straight games. The real problem and overall theme of the contest tonight is that the refs didn't give Toews an extra minor.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Okay. Lets ignore who was the better, superior team on the ice both games(Hawks) and instead focus on the fact that instead of getting a 4 minute PP with Toews out 15 minutes, they instead got a 4 minute PP but Toews was only out for 9 minutes. That is the real story here.

Never mind that Toews' first shift on the ice after the penalties was the Sharks only goal of the night. If he got more penalties the Sharks might not have even scored at all.

Clearly we need to take our minds off the fact the Sharks were badly outplayed and have now lost 7 straight games. The real problem and overall theme of the contest tonight is that the refs didn't give Toews an extra minor.
The point was never about the Sharks being outplayed tonight, because they were. You quoted me, which got this all started, and my point was that the Blackhawks have benefited from a lot of calls/non-calls in the 2 games between these teams. Desjardins got a garbage 5 min penalty last game. Toews had 12 less pim's than he should have tonight. Demers gets punched in the face and gets the only penalty (Hawks score). On their 4th goal, they could have been easily called for holding down low before Hjarmarsson scored.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

It actually should have been a six minute power play but what does it matter to you? You're not interested in arguing whether the call was right or not. You're just interested in trolling people. lol

Old
02-15-2013, 11:38 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Couldn't you also add a 2 minutes for Toews' roughing?

But yeah, that's kind of far-fetched, but every Sharks fan knew the call that they made would be incorrect. That pisses me off as much as anything. These referees are terrible, and the rules don't apply to the Blackhawks or the Penguins.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:51 AM
Kane At Mifflin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Lol he wasn't reluctant to fight Toews, he was surprised Toews had the stones to drop his gloves.

And you may want to look at Thornton's fight card from the past before looking so silly. He fought Andrei Nazarov as a rookie.
Thornton is a dirtbag. How about you take a look at his post season record instead. They don't call him "No Show Joe" for no reason.

Also, instead of making bs excuses about the refs and how they ruined your last two games against Chi, try not getting brutally outplayed and executing on special teams.

Maybe acquire some players who get it done in big games and your fortunes will change.

Enjoy another non-relevant year in hockey.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Bryanbryoil

Earlier in the year Smid got and instigator and instigating with a shield on, nice to see consistent reffing.

02-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Kane At Mifflin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Earlier in the year Smid got and instigator and instigating with a shield on, nice to see consistent reffing.
I think people fail to understand this grudge has a lot of history and refs aren't going to treat ones with stars equal to role players. Just how sports is. Not to justify it, but Smid isn't Toews

Old
02-16-2013, 01:58 AM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmKnow View Post
Thornton is a dirtbag. How about you take a look at his post season record instead. They don't call him "No Show Joe" for no reason.

Also, instead of making bs excuses about the refs and how they ruined your last two games against Chi, try not getting brutally outplayed and executing on special teams.

Maybe acquire some players who get it done in big games and your fortunes will change.

Enjoy another non-relevant year in hockey.
Who pissed in your Cheerios?

No, they really do call him "No Show Joe" for no reason. Go look at his post season numbers. He has that "reputation" off of one year where he was severely injured. He was the one of the only Sharks who has showed up EVERY year in the playoffs for the past couple of years.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Kane At Mifflin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Who pissed in your Cheerios?

No, they really do call him "No Show Joe" for no reason. Go look at his post season numbers. He has that "reputation" off of one year where he was severely injured. He was the one of the only Sharks who has showed up EVERY year in the playoffs for the past couple of years.
Ah yes, he's won a lot of cups in SJ. My bad. Point being they'll never win a cup with that nucleus. They just don't get the job done in the biggest games when it counts the most. Sorry most people want to talk about Toews like he's inferior to Thornton for losing a fight, but he's accomplished everything in hockey at 24, not sure about No Show Joe. Who cares if Thornton won the fight, it was the message that they're not gonna take his antics. But blame the refs, it was their fault SJ gave up 9 goals in two games

Last edited by Kane At Mifflin: 02-16-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old
02-16-2013, 02:07 AM
ampersand5

lol hawks

sharp I said to the guys ... any chance to get to see Johnny get punched in the face a few times well gladly kill that off.

toews "Im still here and still standing. Thats a good thing, right?"

thornton "He asked me to fight and I was kind of shocked, but said sure."

Old
02-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Penosity

Thornton was invisible the rest of the game.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmKnow View Post
I think people fail to understand this grudge has a lot of history and refs aren't going to treat ones with stars equal to role players. Just how sports is. Not to justify it, but Smid isn't Toews
BS, I respect the hell out of both of these players and IMO Toews should've been hit with an instigator and/or instigating with a shield on.

Watch the replay, he got instigating, instigating with a shield, and a 10 minute misconduct and Nolan dropped the mitts first. Star or not the rule book is the rule book.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:31 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
heh.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:48 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampersand5 View Post
You're welcome.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Bluesman91

Was exactly what it looked like. A kid fighting a man.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:06 AM
BigBootsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Was exactly what it looked like. A kid fighting a man.
That kid led his team to a Stanley Cup.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:07 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

I really don't understand why Toews didn't get an instigator on that, with the extra 2 for the face shield.

Closed Thread