HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins Fall to Sabres 4-2

Old
02-15-2013, 09:16 PM
TCL40

vCash: 500
I have decided that if I am going to miss a portion of a Sabres game, I need to just not watch any of it. So far the two Sabres games I have missed the first period or two of, turned to poop in the periods I do see.

Next Sabres game if I can't watch the whole thing, I think I will skip it.

Somebody said in the other thread that the Sabres seem to be this year's Carolina, and I have to agree.

Bruins just can't seem to score on Miller and they tend to play weakly against them.

Positives: At least Vanek didn't get a hat trick and Dougie got a goal.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:16 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Bourque is head over heals better then Tardif.
For me it's as much to do with finding someone that can develop chemistry with the other two. Bourque has not been able to find any form of chemistry with them.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:17 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
But they did score the first goal a couple of minutes after that.
Blame Ference for that one.

TMac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:19 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I can't stand that a 21 year old kid who has a great game, and is physically engaged throughout (easily his biggest weakness) gets railed on while a guy like Krejci who has weak play after weak play is glossed over because he made one decent pass.

Thinking production equates to great performances is the reason a guy like Bergeron is under appreciated.

I have no idea how NHL.com credits him with just one giveaway.
Thought Seguin played really well tonight so I agree with you. Didn't think Krejci was terrible, but it wasn't his best game, which was bound to happen eventually.

MTaylorJ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
People, you can talk strategy all you want, but there's a very simple explanation as to how this team pissed this game down it's leg.

First and Second period, rolling.

Third period (usually the BEST period for this Bruins team of late), the suck.

What happened at that second intermission?

I give you the new enemy of Bruins Nation:

In all seriousness, they took their collective feet off the pedal in the third. It's that simple. That looked like a classic case of a team deciding they won after 40 minutes and just plain playing lazy in the last 20. No finish at all. No reason to lose that one.

Son of Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Thought Seguin played really well tonight so I agree with you. Didn't think Krejci was terrible, but it wasn't his best game, which was bound to happen eventually.
It happened last game as well vs. the Rags. An opportune goal at the side of the net shouldn't erase a weak performance.

Sorry, drives me that people can't (or don't even try to) separate a stat line from performance. Most of us watch the game I'm sure.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

What a depressing collapse whens the last time that happend oh wait two weeks ago against the Sabres.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:29 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
It happened last game as well vs. the Rags. An opportune goal at the side of the net shouldn't erase a weak performance.

Sorry, drives me that people can't (or don't even try to) separate a stat line from performance. Most of us watch the game I'm sure.
Sure, but knowing your history which Krejci, I'm guessing you don't often separate the stat line from performance when he plays well and doesn't get on the scoresheet. Most of us watch the games and almost all of us have guys we key on in good and bad ways. Mine is Kelly for example.

MTaylorJ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Look ! ... Yes it was a pitiful 3rd period , but at least we didn't get hit with a Meteor tonight....yet

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Regina

I fell asleep after the rant by Kluzak and now I find out the Bruins did also .

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:32 PM
C77

Quote:

I think Seguin looked dangerous offensively and moreso than he has in most games this year which good. Still it drives me nuts when he looks like he's afraid to go for the puck near the boards when Cody Hodgson of all people is around. He won't reach his potential playing by being tentative. How many star players in the league are tentative? I can't really think of any.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:34 PM
ProdigalFan
StillDontGrowOnTrees

Gonna be fun trying to regain some momentum up in that loud barn in the Peg.

ProdigalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Mione134

Disappointed in the fact there was almost no physicality by the Bruins. No nastyness. They weren't working the boards. They just looked sluggish. Buffalo was bad too. But damn did we look sluggish. We need our swagger back.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
Gonna be fun trying to regain some momentum up in that loud barn in the Peg.
Looking forward to Pavelec' best game of the season.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:40 PM
TCL40

Didn't the Bruins lose both games in Winnipeg last year?

I am not too confident this team will pull off the win. I assume Tuukka is in goal on Sunday. I hope the Bruins play 3 full periods on Sunday.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:46 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Disappointed in the fact there was almost no physicality by the Bruins. No nastyness. They weren't working the boards. They just looked sluggish. Buffalo was bad too. But damn did we look sluggish. We need our swagger back.
I agree. I think part of it is a personnel issue. Outside of Lucic none of the forwards really play a physical game. Well I guess Bourque tries to but there's a big difference between a guy that's 6-2 200+ pounds throwing his weight around and someone of Bourque's size.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Ogrim

To me it looked like Bergeron is playing through an injury. I'm a huge Bergeron fan and he was certainly not hurting the team but he just didn't look 100%. Also noticed marchand took at least two of his defensive zone face offs in the 3rd. Why?

Ogrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
I agree. I think part of it is a personnel issue. Outside of Lucic none of the forwards really play a physical game. Well I guess Bourque tries to but there's a big difference between a guy that's 6-2 200+ pounds throwing his weight around and someone of Bourque's size.

Holy moly.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
sand1138man

sabres fans will take a 1-4 strectch over a 4-1 stretch as long as the win in over the bruins. I actually am an NHL fan who happens to live in buffalo and people here are nuts for the team, b ut they go absolutely beserk after awin over the bruins. But take comfort in the fact that the Bruins are the only team that Buffalo hates enough to show up against, and they aren't going to challenge for the division, and since ottawa lost their best player they might not challenge either, and toronto needs to become, well, not torornto, to make the playoffs. Besides it takes Buffalo 5 games worth of energy to beat the Bruins, so they will go on a losing streak now.

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

Holy moly.
Well you did see the Washington series last year. The Bruins forwards outside of Horton and Lucic are very small.

Thornton tries to be physical but he's too slow to hit most players.

Pouliot last year was one of the more physical B's forwards.

Buffalo has Kaleta and Ott running at the Bruins the whole game and outside of Lucic there really isn't anyone on the B's that plays that sort of game.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

What I have seen during the season is when they bring the puck up they do it from the outside and take some sort of weird outside shot or a shot from the point.

Rarely this season have I seen them just try to take it up the middle or shoot close to the net and if they do they don't life the puck.

I have said it ALL season Ference NEEDS to go he flat out SUCKS wouldn't even want him back for cheap. Sit him and play Aaron Johnson.

IDK whats wrong with Seguin but he has to remember he isn't Datsyuk with the stick. I hate when our goalies lose these types of games. Dobby didn't play lights out but he did well. On 3 of the goals it was a defensive lapse.

Hate Ruff & I hate Miller........actually hate most of the Sabres

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:05 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I have decided that if I am going to miss a portion of a Sabres game, I need to just not watch any of it. So far the two Sabres games I have missed the first period or two of, turned to poop in the periods I do see.

Next Sabres game if I can't watch the whole thing, I think I will skip it.

Somebody said in the other thread that the Sabres seem to be this year's Carolina, and I have to agree.

Bruins just can't seem to score on Miller and they tend to play weakly against them.

Positives: At least Vanek didn't get a hat trick and Dougie got a goal.
Lol. Im laughing because I sometimes think the same way about watching the games...but it's not really our fault...I hope.

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
You have to care though when he flattens your goalie a d the Bruins don't do anything. Then five more sabres knock Dobby over. Myers hits paille high. Ott hits boychuk high. Krejci gets cheaper by Ott right in front of Z and he does nothing. Are they concerned if they do something they will have Scott in their face later!? They don't play like this vs anyone else.
WBC, just bury your head in the sand and don't think about it. That way the problem may go away... right?

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:

You obviously do not appreciate Krejci's talents and, rather, see what you want to see out there (ie magnify every flaw --hope to get the 'whipping-boy' crowd riled up).

Not a knock on you --I do the same thing with Kelly and Ference. Can't stand either of those guys: slow to give them credit and quick to jump on them when they screw up. Ference, in particular, makes my job pretty easy.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:18 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

the bruins are 8-2-2 and are second in the conference despite many feeling that they are not playing their best hockey.

this is a problem somehow.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote