HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYI - Dallas

Old
02-16-2013, 11:28 AM
19NYSports91

vCash: 500
NYI - Dallas

Okposo + 2013 3rd round pick

for

Philip Larsen

First time I ever did this so don't get crazy. I was going to put Streit + Okposo for Larsen + Nystrom + someone else, but I don't know too much about the stars. When I saw Larsen play last year I really liked what I saw and the Islanders lack Right-Handed defenseman.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post

for

Philip Larsen

First time I ever did this so don't get crazy. I was going to put Streit + Okposo for Larsen + Nystrom + someone else, but I don't know too much about the stars. When I saw Larsen play last year I really liked what I saw and the Islanders lack Right-Handed defenseman.
If Streit was 10 years younger perhaps. Larsen is a good young player that has good upside. Also anyone who has watched Dallas the past few seasons will understand that Nystrom is not just a throw in and if moved could get a nice return. Dallas' issues are on defense so moving Larsen would be counterproductive to fixing our issues.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:37 AM
txomisc

Quote:

for

Philip Larsen

I like Larsens potential on D too much to let him go so soon.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:38 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
If Streit was 10 years younger perhaps. Larsen is a good young player anyone who has watched Dallas the past few seasons will understand that Nystrom is not just a throw in. Dallas' issues are on defense so moving Larsen would be counterproductive to fixing our issues.
Larsen played 9 out of 15 games, averaging 17:46 of ice time, which is 7th best on defense. Thats why I thought he might be available.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Larsen played 9 out of 15 games, averaging 17:46 of ice time, which is 7th best on defense. Thats why I thought he might be available.
Our dumb coach has been scratching him a bunch, but the Stars have zero defensive depth. 3 rookies have seen significant minutes and Larsen can't be moved.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Our coach has benched him in favor of Aaron Rome

This proposal is tough because Larsen has so much upside, and our coach refuses to play him. What's the deal with Okposo? 2 years ago, Islander fans would go nuts if Okposo was ever included in a trade proposal. Does he really need a change of scenery?

If it were up to me, I'd offer Goose for Okposo.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:09 PM
ElGuapo
Cheese

I'd do Goose for Okposo.

Larsen hasn't played as well as I'd hoped this season, but it's tough when you're a young guy going in and out. Problem is the Stars have too many small D, so one is usually going to be the odd-man out. He's the youngest of the minis so it's been him..which I don't like at all. Other reason not to deal him is what you mentioned..being a right handed D. Other than Robidas, who most hope is gone soon, he's the only roster D or even prospect I believe that isn't a left shot. Severe shortage of RD in the system.

ElGuapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Linden*
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post

This proposal is tough because Larsen has so much upside, and our coach refuses to play him. What's the deal with Okposo? 2 years ago, Islander fans would go nuts if Okposo was ever included in a trade proposal. Does he really need a change of scenery?

Coaches love Rome, it became a huge issue in Vancouver

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:14 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post

I was a big fan of Okposo's game when Scott Gordon was the head coach. He's become a very streaky player and I really think he needs a good coach to push him. Capuano might be the worst coach in the league.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

If we didn't have really good right wing depth I'd take it.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:45 PM
ElGuapo
Cheese

Well, if Ryder and Jagr are both gone next season, we'll have no PROVEN top six right wings.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:51 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Would rather stick with what we've got. Okposo is a luxury at this point, and Larsen is an important part of our defense going forward.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:30 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
Well, if Ryder and Jagr are both gone next season, we'll have no PROVEN top six right wings.
.... and if you never let the the quality prospects step up ... they'll never become proven. At some point you have to trust your scouts and play the young guys. Dallas is proving their willing to do that, and I doubt the team shares this sentiment.

I'd love to see one of those guys return ... Jagr more so than Ryder for me ... but it's not the end of the world if they do not come back.

Oh yeah ... I almost forgot .... Loui Eriksson ... RW for 90% of the past 3 seasons.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:44 PM
ElGuapo
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
.... and if you never let the the quality prospects step up ... they'll never become proven. At some point you have to trust your scouts and play the young guys. Dallas is proving their willing to do that, and I doubt the team shares this sentiment.

I'd love to see one of those guys return ... Jagr more so than Ryder for me ... but it's not the end of the world if they do not come back.

Oh yeah ... I almost forgot .... Loui Eriksson ... RW for 90% of the past 3 seasons.
Agree, just think there would be an opening and still let RW prospects have a shot. There's versatility there because Smith and Eriksson can play either side. But you also want some actual right shots on some of the lines. So for example something like-

Whitney(right shot left wing) - Benn - Eriksson/Smith
Smith/Eriksson/Fraser - Roy - Okposo (right shot right wing)

So each of the top two lines have at least one right shot.

So that's one young guy in the top six, and you can still have some on the third line to get minutes with a talented center-

Fraser/Smith - Eakin - Chiasson

Just showing that if you don't re-sign either of Ryder/Jagr you can still give the young winger prospect a shot and still hypothetically add a guy like Okposo.

If neither of those RW vets come back and nobody is traded for/signed in FA to replace them, then oh boy yeah we'll see the youngins get one hell of a shot(I'd be fine with that).

Whitney - Benn - Smith
Fraser - Roy(or Eakin if not Roy not re-signed, but I'd rather be deep down the middle) - Eriksson
?/Roussel/Vincour(playing off side) - Eakin - Chiasson/Vincour

Third line would be very young and could be really good, while going in as a question mark, if Vincour develops any offense and Chiasson is ready. Might be forgetting other options off the top of my head.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:13 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

Change Larsen to Goligoski and it's a deal.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:18 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
I actually think that something around Okposo and Goligoski is a high risk high reward trade for both teams....If both guys respond well and get put in the right situation I think they can prosper.....But it could also go south for both teams.....

Whats up with Goligoski??

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:52 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
That'd be brutal for Dallas. Say what you want about his struggles, he has a lot more value than Larsen and Okposko.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I actually think that something around Okposo and Goligoski is a high risk high reward trade for both teams....If both guys respond well and get put in the right situation I think they can prosper.....But it could also go south for both teams.....

Whats up with Goligoski??
He's a 3rd pairing defenseman playing 1st pairing minutes. He has no physicality in his game so he gets messed up pretty bad in the west.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
That'd be brutal for Dallas. Say what you want about his struggles, he has a lot more value than Larsen and Okposko.
That, and a downgrade from Neal to Okposo would be quite......embarrassing.

Well, more so than the original deal made us look, at any rate.

02-17-2013, 01:18 AM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Realistically though, at the time of the trade Neal and Okposo were pretty comparable. It's just that since then, Neal has played out of his mind and Okposo has struggled.

ReverendAlBundy is offline   Reply With Quote