HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Any Shark except Couture, Burns, or Vlasic

Old
02-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Juxtaposer
Timmy Wongels

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Something around ROR for Pavelski?

We badly need defense, but we also just as badly need to scoring skill that doesn't 100% revolve around lobbing it into the crease and having everyone bumrush the goaltender hoping to knock it in.
I'd definitely do it. Pavelski and O'Reilly are cut from exactly the same mold, but Pavelski is older and better. But I really like O'Reilly, and I think a Couture-O'Reilly 1-2 punch would be fully capable long-term 1-2 punch. And Pavelski can even play wing if you'd prefer him there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It does if you're rebuilding. Jensen would probably be ypur best prospect, and after all the ranting about how deep this draft is, I'd like to think our 1st does have more value than you give credit for. No team with an early 1st is going to trade it for a player over 30 anyways.
I think Jensen/1st/Booth is a pretty decent offer. I really like Jensen as a prospect, and there are several guys in the 20-30 area of this draft that I'm big fan of as well. Booth isn't great, but he's a decent temporary replacement.

And I know that Marleau wouldn't waive, but I'd do anything, even send him to the Canucks, to get him a Cup.

(As an aside, having seen both Jensen and Hertl play, Hertl is the better prospect. If a small, one-dimensional dude is tearing up a European league, then there are questions about whether he'll translate. Hertl is big, strong as an ox, good defensively, and has great hands. His game is perfectly translatable to the NHL. He'll be a solid #3C in his first year, I think, and then move his way up.)

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I think Jensen/1st/Booth is a pretty decent offer. I really like Jensen as a prospect, and there are several guys in the 20-30 area of this draft that I'm big fan of as well. Booth isn't great, but he's a decent temporary replacement.

And I know that Marleau wouldn't waive, but I'd do anything, even send him to the Canucks, to get him a Cup.

(As an aside, having seen both Jensen and Hertl play, Hertl is the better prospect. If a small, one-dimensional dude is tearing up a European league, then there are questions about whether he'll translate. Hertl is big, strong as an ox, good defensively, and has great hands. His game is perfectly translatable to the NHL. He'll be a solid #3C in his first year, I think, and then move his way up.)
Jensen is 6'3, and just over 200 pounds. Not sure how that can be construed as small. Also, I wouldn't start criticizing a player as being defensively bad playing on the worst team in the league in his first ever pro season. Give him some time.

Anyways, I didn't mean to turn this into a Jensen vs Hertl debate. Both are obviously very good prospects and likely have solid NHL careers ahead of them.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Juxtaposer
Timmy Wongels

Quote:
Jensen is 6'3, and just over 200 pounds. Not sure how that can be construed as small. Also, I wouldn't start criticizing a player as being defensively bad playing on the worst team in the league in his first ever pro season. Give him some time.

Anyways, I didn't mean to turn this into a Jensen vs Hertl debate. Both are obviously very good prospects and likely have solid NHL careers ahead of them.
I wasn't implying that Jensen was. But I saw you make another post wondering whether Hertl would translate to the NHL, and I was explaining that he would because he does not have the characteristics of a, say, Michal Grandlund, with whom you wonder if his offense will translate.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:

Probably a dumb question, but how would either Jumbo Joe or Pavelski compare in value to San Jose?

I like Marleau, and he started this season ripping the league to shreds, but I am still much more interested in the big bodied, playmaking Thornton or the younger, albeit smaller, Pavelski.

As for Jensen and Hertl, I don't think it's fair to call him one dimensional. Also, 6'2 isn's small, and 202 lbs isn't the "tall lanky Tanev" build either. 4 goals in 6 AHL games last year too when his junior team was done for the season. I'm not trying to over sell Jensen, but you're making him sound like a marginal prospect compared to Hertl, and I honestly don't think he's less valuable or less likely to make it. To each his own however, everyone's biased to their own prospects. He'd definitely strengthen the Sharks prospect pool, the same way Hertl would strengthen ours if the spots were reversed and the Canucks were asking for him for...I don't know Bieksa or something.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
I wasn't implying that Jensen was. But I saw you make another post wondering whether Hertl would translate to the NHL, and I was explaining that he would because he does not have the characteristics of a, say, Michal Grandlund, with whom you wonder if his offense will translate.
I only meant that the quality of the Czech league is quite different than that of the SEL. I have not seen much of Hertl, and can't really judge him based on his stats based on my unfamiliarity with the league in general.

Either way, I'm glad you agree Jensen, Booth, 1st is a solid offer, that's probably what we should try keeping the thread to.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Juxtaposer
Timmy Wongels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Probably a dumb question, but how would either Jumbo Joe or Pavelski compare in value to San Jose?

I like Marleau, and he started this season ripping the league to shreds, but I am still much more interested in the big bodied, playmaking Thornton or the younger, albeit smaller, Pavelski.
Thornton has more value, Pavelski probably similar value.

Quote:
As for Jensen and Hertl, I don't think it's fair to call him one dimensional. Also, 6'2 isn's small, and 202 lbs isn't the "tall lanky Tanev" build either. 4 goals in 6 AHL games last year too when his junior team was done for the season. I'm not trying to over sell Jensen, but you're making him sound like a marginal prospect compared to Hertl, and I honestly don't think he's less valuable or less likely to make it. To each his own however, everyone's biased to their own prospects. He'd definitely strengthen the Sharks prospect pool, the same way Hertl would strengthen ours if the spots were reversed and the Canucks were asking for him for...I don't know Bieksa or something.
Read my post above. I wasn't calling Jensen small or one-dimensional, it was just an example of what Hertl is not and why he will translate to NA. I don't think Hertl is on another level from Jensen, but he is the better prospect, from what I've seen with my eyes, and what various other scouts/prospect people say.

Quote:
I only meant that the quality of the Czech league is quite different than that of the SEL. I have not seen much of Hertl, and can't really judge him based on his stats based on my unfamiliarity with the league in general.

Either way, I'm glad you agree Jensen, Booth, 1st is a solid offer, that's probably what we should try keeping the thread to.
Well, you'll have to take my word that I have. I'd watched at least a dozen Slavia Praha games. He's better than his stats. When NHLers were over there, he'd always be matched up defensively against them. He never got great ice time, and almost never played with Sobotka/Cervenka when they were there. He's the best U-20 scorer in the Czech Extraliiga in over 10 years, since Jiri Hudler, except Hudler was a small, one-dimensional winger and Hertl plays a NA style game.

(Sorry that kinda turned into a "pimp my prospect" but I love this kid so much and if he were in a more watched league/in a better prospect pool, he'd get the **** hyped out of him).

Old
02-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Thornton has more value, Pavelski probably similar value.

Read my post above. I wasn't calling Jensen small or one-dimensional, it was just an example of what Hertl is not and why he will translate to NA. I don't think Hertl is on another level from Jensen, but he is the better prospect, from what I've seen with my eyes, and what various other scouts/prospect people say.
Cool, thanks for the prompt reply.

Yeah, sorry, I posted before you clarified. I must have completely read that wrong, but I am saying the same thing, but from the other side. My point is even if we turn this into Hertl vs. Jensen, I don't think either side are likely to throw in the towel, both are very good prospects and very likely to be good NHLers.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Juxtaposer
Timmy Wongels

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the prompt reply.

Yeah, sorry, I posted before you clarified. I must have completely read that wrong, but I am saying the same thing, but from the other side. My point is even if we turn this into Hertl vs. Jensen, I don't think either side are likely to throw in the towel, both are very good prospects and very likely to be good NHLers.
No prob. I know you're a good poster, no offense was taken or intended.

Now that I re-read what I wrote, I understand how that could be taken the wrong way. I guess I counted on people assuming I was smart enough to either know that Jensen was a big guy or to look it up before talking about of my ass.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
No prob. I know you're a good poster, no offense was taken or intended.

Now that I re-read what I wrote, I understand how that could be taken the wrong way. I guess I counted on people assuming I was smart enough to either know that Jensen was a big guy or to look it up before talking about of my ass.
You....don't read a lot of my posts, do you. Nah, we have fun. Ditto though, nothing meant or taken on my part either.

It seemed out of place in the midst of the argument, so I figured I'd check. Then again, this entire thread seems out of place, San Jose is in good position near as I can tell, and at least when this happened over the prolonged summer, it could have been boredom. A few of the more "spare" parts being shifted over the summer, maybe the TDL, if the Sharks brass are worried about the future...but this soon into the season? Well part of me hopes so, just so there is less competition this year

Old
02-16-2013, 08:47 PM
glenbuis

Just for the record Thornton and Marleau are going nowhere. They love it in SanJose and the community loves them. We might and i stress might trade Boyle but it will not be for anything less than a 2013 first, roster player and a prospect. He is the games premier playoff defenceman now. And why would we trade our core when we have been to the conference finals 2 out of the last 3 years?

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Just for the record Thornton and Marleau are going nowhere. They love it in SanJose and the community loves them. We might and i stress might trade Boyle but it will not be for anything less than a 2013 first, roster player and a prospect. He is the games premier playoff defenceman now. And why would we trade our core when we have been to the conference finals 2 out of the last 3 years?
Debatable.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Fistfullofbeer
#FREEHEED #FREERYAN

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Debatable.
I think every teams fanbase is pretty fickle regarding its players. The team stops winning and the community can have a tendancy of becoming impulsive and irrational.

In our case though, people have been calling for getting some faster, younger players for a while now.

02-16-2013, 10:43 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Rodin + 4th for Douglas Murray?

BoHorvat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:45 PM
glenbuis

The sharks still hold a playoff spot regardless of how many the've lost. A coaching change may be needed to change direction, ie.2012Kings. I would think a shortened season would be to there favor. If they don't get her done this year they should rebuild with their young core.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
Rodin + 4th for Douglas Murray?
We don't need any defensemen.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Man Bear Pig

What would it take to get no show Joe in a Leafs jersey?

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:14 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Quote:
We don't need any defensemen.
In a shortened season like this everyone needs defencemen.

You want to use Alberts/Barker if one of our defencemen get injured? Alberts can be decent, but he can also be bad.

Think back to when we were in the finals.

A banged up Edler, a banged up Ehrhoff, a banged up Bieksa, a suspended Rome and an injured Hamhuis.

Imagine Edler having two broken fingers, Garrison (replacing Ehrhoff) with a shoulder injury that requires surgery, Bieksa with some sort of MCL injury, Barker suspended, and Hamhuis not even being able to play.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
In a shortened season like this everyone needs defencemen.

You want to use Alberts/Barker if one of our defencemen get injured? Alberts can be decent, but he can also be bad.

Think back to when we were in the finals.

A banged up Edler, a banged up Ehrhoff, a banged up Bieksa, a suspended Rome and an injured Hamhuis.

Imagine Edler having another broken finger, Garrison (replacing Ehrhoff) with a shoulder injury that requires surgery, Bieksa with some sort of MCL injury, Barker suspended, and Hamhuis not even being able to play.
Wait until the deadline then. We have Alberts, Barker, Vandermeer, and Connauton to provide depth. The injuries we sustained during our cup run was an anomaly, and any team that suffers those kinds of injuries would be devastated regardless of the depth they have.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:22 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Quote:
Wait until the deadline then. We have Alberts, Barker, Vandermeer, and Connauton to provide depth. The injuries we sustained during our cup run was an anomaly, and any team that suffers those kinds of injuries would be devastated regardless of the depth they have.
Isn't that why the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win? It's such a grind. By the finals, everyone is banged up. (LA doesn't count, haha)

Barker would assume the role of Aaron Rome and would be serving a suspension. Vandermeer isn't going to cut it. I don't want Connauton playing in the playoffs. I don't want a rookie playing when I haven't even seen him in the NHL regular season. Tanev got plenty of games in the regular season and proved he could handle it.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:36 PM
dannyj10

What would the Sharks want from Pitt for Marleau?

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
We would want good young forwards and a 2013 1st.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Juxtaposer
Timmy Wongels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
Bennett and your first this year would be a start.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:07 AM
leafz

jumbo joe for ennis and grigorenko

leafz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:12 AM
leafz

havlat for harrington and a second
boyle for gagner and paajarvi or coutierer amd a laughton
marleu for kadri rielly and franson
clowe for ryan ellis and 2nd
palvalski for stephan and a 1st

leafz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Gunnin54

I'm just getting irritatated watching. Its Not Nemo hes doin everything but scoring. Idk its just annoying

Gunnin54 is offline   Reply With Quote