HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Of concern?

Old
02-16-2013, 02:18 PM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
Of concern?

Not to quibble,because 25 of 28 possible points in 14 GP is great...BUT aftsr his bot start in the firzt 4GP, Hossa has only 1 goal in the last 10GP...Sharp has 0 goals in the last 10GP and only 2 goals in the seazon zo far....I think they need to get off the schneid ASAP...it is like 2 major finisbing go to cogs going MIA for precisdly sbat we need and rely on them the most for...so CONCERN?

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:36 PM
massivegoonery

I always wondered what hf50 would sound like drunk.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:38 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Or if you look at it from the glass half full angle. All 4 lines are contributing on the scoreboard and the Hawks are winning, which is the bottom line.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:00 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Not to quibble,because 25 of 28 possible points in 14 GP is great...BUT aftsr his bot start in the firzt 4GP, Hossa has only 1 goal in the last 10GP...Sharp has 0 goals in the last 10GP and only 2 goals in the seazon zo far....I think they need to get off the schneid ASAP...it is like 2 major finisbing go to cogs going MIA for precisdly sbat we need and rely on them the most for...so CONCERN?
I seem to have lost my decoder ring so I have no idea what you just wrote.

But picking out a couple decipherable words, I too am somewhat concerned regarding Hossa's and Sharp's goal scoring troubles. Although it's being masked because the team is winning, Hossa especially is stuggling to complete plays in the offensive end. Is there still some aftereffects from the concussion? Fortunately he is still playing at an elite level defensively and has clearly made some amazing plays on the backcheck even after his offense disappeared. Sharp runs hot and cold, probably more than most players, but he has hit a lot of iron and I'm less concerned that Sharp will start getting goals.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Tayvaan

Sharp and Hossa are proven offensive players, they will get it together.

Tayvaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

HF50 with a short post? I feel like he types these out on his phone and that's why it's so unreadable. He doesn't know how to backspace on his phone or doesn't read it while he types, that's my guess. As to what I believe to be the point of it though, Hossa has definitely slowed down since his extremely hot start. He had a few opportunities last night that he didn't cash in on, but him and Sharp are still playing good hockey, just not great. You can't expect great performances from everyone on the team every night. A lot of people have unreal expectations for this team.

Hossa and Sharp are still playing good, and the scoring will return. When the bottom lines are scoring, you don't always need your top 2 scoring. Some games your top lines will struggle, that's when you need the bottom lines to get some pucks into the net. Other games the top 2 lines will do what they will typically do. That's why having 4 great lines is essential to the Blackhawks style of play. We thrive on offense, and when certain players are on a low, it's important that the depth players can cover for them.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
They're fine. Statistical noise.

If half the season goes by and they still haven't scored start wondering.

It's not like the regular season really means anything anyways, beyond establishing the playoff pecking order.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 04:03 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I was wondering where HF50 had gone b/c he hadn't posted in a while...I was worried something bad had happened to him

As far as Hossa and Sharp...it would definitely be nice if they could pick it up a bit.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 04:51 PM
My Sweet Shadow

I don't think you can really complain until they've lost at least one game in regulation...

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:25 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Hossa is simply an amazing player. If you watch the games closely you would know that he is rock solid in every zone...his hands are amazing, puck control, great skater who is impossible to knock of the puck. Hossa has been great all year long. Dude is a beast!

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote