HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Sedin passes Markus Naslund

Old
02-19-2013, 01:43 AM
VanCanucks14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I still can't people were telling me increased production from Bieksa and Hamhuis would replace Ehrhoff
Seriously. I remember being very upset about his departure and still am to this day but people still continue to say he's over rated and isn't missed. He fit this team like a glove. People are fooling themselves if they think we don't miss him.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:35 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Burrows View Post
we were all looking for something to cling to. The team bottomed out and came back strong, and we all invested too much into it. In retrospect I agree, the team was miles away from winning. But if you asked me in 2003 I would have said they got robbed. I thought if they had got past minny and anaheim they would have beaten NJ in the final. I know now that there's no way.

Henrik is a worthy candidate for our all-time leader. I dearly hope he and his brother play long enough to rack up 1000+ points in a Canuck uniform. Having watched basically every game they've played in the NHL, I can't think of a more admirable pair to represent our team and city. Well deserved.
That group was definitely better at toying with your emotions and adding drama to the whole thing. Naslund's mental struggle to power through pressure almost legitimately feels like a humiliating memory "I" went through now.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-19-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:15 AM
molson78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Very well deserved for a great player and an even greater person. As a fan, I'm grateful for the amazing hockey the sedins have given us over the years.

I don't think anyone was happier for Henrik than Burr- the puck wasn't in the net that he was rushing over to congratulate him - Burr's post game interview said it all.
Any idea where I can find this interview online now?

molson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 View Post
Seriously. I remember being very upset about his departure and still am to this day but people still continue to say he's over rated and isn't missed. He fit this team like a glove. People are fooling themselves if they think we don't miss him.
Honestly, he looks god awful in Buffalo. In the few games I've seen, he was routinely outplayed, out of position and left swimming. Montreal's kid line humiliated him half the game and apparently this has been a running trend, albeit not as bad as Myers. That isn't to say I do not miss his contribution, primarily on our powerplay. But I do have to wonder if he lost a step.

Once Garrison settles into his role. I think we will be fine with our pseudo-Ehrhoff replacement. Would still take him back though.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Alflives*

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson78 View Post
Henrick is a tough player, and deserves the accolades. He shows what it is to lead, but holding on to the puck and taking hits. I like how he plays the game. It's too bad his twin doesn't have the same 'toughness'.

Alflives* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:51 AM
billvanseattle

The Sedins set the standard for class, skill, humility and generosity in the NHL. They seem to simply be nice people.

That cheap shot on D sedin last year was criminal. If the same move had been done to Crosby the league would have been up in arms.

billvanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:06 PM
aandbreatheme

Now, Daniel is at the front in the second picture, but I have no clue about the top one.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:07 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 View Post
Ehrhoff has incredible offensive vision and a certain swagger that the rest of this team is lacking. He is most definitely missed. As soon as he came to this team, our offense looked so much better.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:09 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post

Now, Daniel is at the front in the second picture, but I have no clue about the top one.
What are they looking at? A picture of Byfuglien?

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson78 View Post
Not sure. It was a media scrum. He said 95% of his goals were from Henrik and Daniel, he was very grateful what they meant for his career.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:29 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:

Nice they should be merged into one pic with one of them reversed and tilted so that they look in awe at each other.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:07 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Daniel now tied with Linden in points!

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Daniel now tied with Linden in points!
And Henrik has (fairly quietly) racked up 6 points in his last 3 games. Nice to see the Twins heating up.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Just did a quick number crunch on the main board with respect to current Iron Man streaks, thought I would share it here.

Henrik is closing in on a 600 game streak (currently at 595 consecutive). He last missed a game on March 21, 2004, meaning he has actually played a combined 666 consecutive NHL regular season and playoff games since that time.

Still a far cry off all-time leader Doug Jarvis, but still impressive.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:09 PM
sk8er

That pass was such typical sedinery, and not many can do that. Nice that it was such an impressive pass to break Naslunds mark. Congrats hank! Keep an eye on Dan, he will be hunting for you! Haha!

sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Laista

Send a message via MSN to Laista Send a message via Skype™ to Laista
Crazy cool that a little ****** city in Sweden produces two guys that sets records in a Bigass town in Canada! This blows my mind.

Laista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:52 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laista View Post
Crazy cool that a little ****** city in Sweden produces two guys that sets records in a Bigass town in Canada! This blows my mind.
Gradin, Näslund & Forsberg could be mentioned as well as a heap of other decent players less known in the NA. Örnsköldsvik is like Canada when it comes to hockey - it is that town's identity.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:29 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:

Daniel is the one on the left in the top picture as well. You can tell using the nose, teeth, and ears.

M A K A V E L I* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Daniel is the one on the left in the top picture as well. You can tell using the nose, teeth, and ears.
yea the nose really gives it away, also Daniel holds his stick blade upwards.

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Gradin, Näslund & Forsberg could be mentioned as well as a heap of other decent players less known in the NA. Örnsköldsvik is like Canada when it comes to hockey - it is that town's identity.
Due to all the Canucks players from that town... are there lots of Canucks fans?

Old
02-22-2013, 06:24 PM
asdfman
Weeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
And Henrik has (fairly quietly) racked up 6 points in his last 3 games. Nice to see the Twins heating up.

asdfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:44 PM
MarkusNaslund19

The Sedins are the best players in Vancouver history and it's not particularly close. I say this having watched religiously since 95.

They are so underrated, even by our own fans, that it's criminal. So is Naslund. I don't understand why Linden and Bure are so deified, while Nazzy and the Sedins are just not given their due.

Bure and Linden were amazing players and Linden was/is a huge part of the community, but the Sedins are on another level. Not to say they're far better players than Bure, or far better people than Linden, but they're basically hybrids of the two previously best players in our history.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:29 PM
kaiser matias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Just did a quick number crunch on the main board with respect to current Iron Man streaks, thought I would share it here.

Henrik is closing in on a 600 game streak (currently at 595 consecutive). He last missed a game on March 21, 2004, meaning he has actually played a combined 666 consecutive NHL regular season and playoff games since that time.

Still a far cry off all-time leader Doug Jarvis, but still impressive.
The top 10 ironman streaks in NHL history (as of the start of this season)

Doug Jarvis 964
Garry Unger 914
Steve Larmer 884
Craig Ramsey 776
Andy Hebenton 630
Jay Bouwmeester 588
Henrik Sedin 581
Johnny Wilson 580
Billy Harris 576
Mark Recchi 570

So it will take Bouwmeester/Sedin just over 4 more seasons (including this one) to pass Jarvis for the all-time lead.

kaiser matias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:36 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Due to all the Canucks players from that town... are there lots of Canucks fans?
Yes there are, but also a lot of Avs fans as Forsberg also come from there. He has after his career been an active community member (among other things, as building a golf course, lending money to Modo so that they could finance their new arena).

Old
02-23-2013, 02:17 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Yes there are, but also a lot of Avs fans as Forsberg also come from there. He has after his career been an active community member (among other things, as building a golf course, lending money to Modo so that they could finance their new arena).
I see. Doesn't he take part in management of Modo as well, I thought?