HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Cherubs 8:00 MT, Duchene was bitten by a radioactive Kenyan sprinter

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Landeslog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
are you my conscious?

Old
02-17-2013, 12:41 AM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
And McGinn too. Another one of our young players looking good. Amazing that there are still some people saying that trade was horrible.
I don't think anbody calls Galiardi and a few months of winnik for McGinn, Sgarbossa and connely a bad trade for us...including the most homeristic of sharks fans

Old
02-17-2013, 12:42 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post

edit: what am I thinking right now?
I pissed the guy off I played real bad because I just picked up and threw Scrivens in for the shutout.

trolled

obligated on topic post: What was with the 3rd period line-juggling?

Old
02-17-2013, 12:43 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
obligated on topic post: What was with the 3rd period line-juggling?
That was just Sacco remembering that he's paid to lose.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Hans Landaskog

lmao NHL.com has a highlight up for the goal by Hemsky.

Ales Hemsky abuses Avs "d" for goal.

I love the air quotes around the d-part

Old
02-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Wait, are we seriously rehashing the Varly trade because of this game?

This game could have been 10-4 with all the quality chances he face. He probably fainted after the game, and had to immediately be put on an IV to replenish all the fluids he lost fighting off all the pucks tonight.

I am not concerned whatsoever with Varly, or worried about the 1st we gave up for him. That's crazy talk.
the only concern i ever have about varly is whether or not he'll get sick of this "defense"

Old
02-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
Believe it or not, Avs are 23-23 in 5 on 5 this year, despite going through all the crap they are. Special teams is a problem though.

It does seem like we have had an easy schedule, mostly avoiding the really good teams. Sharks/Canucks/Kings are the only good teams we've faced.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Joe Sakic View Post
Anyone else here think Tyson Barrie shouldn't be traded? He's slight in nature. But, that's fixable. His decision speed ability is the fastest on the Avalanche defense I have seen right now.
Does anyone think Barrie should be traded?

Old
02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
The Kingslayer

Im somewhat drunk right now but really do you blame me? Geez where to start

1. Duchene was amazing first half of the game he wasnt terrible second half but not as good the first half of the game. His speed at ice level was something else. Matt has indeed arrived.

2. I knew when Mcleod took that penalty that the Oilers would score. If you want too look at a momentum turner there it was. Even when we scored the 4th goal the Oilers werent panicking.

3. The defense woes I blame more on Sherman then Sacco afterall hes the one that put this sad sack of shiet D together.

4. Tyson Barrie had another solid game other then the second Hemsky goal where he tried to clear and Smyth picked it off. He needs to play and whenever they realize Cameron Gaunce is still Avalanche property he needs to play and ROB needs to fall in a dark hole never to be seen again.

5. David Jones was his regular drunk self. As soon as he skated by I could smell the Rum. We be lucky to get a 7th round pick for this loser.

6. Sherman needs to get his finger out Lacroix's ass and sign ROR already. Im tired of hearing about it. Im tired of other teams fans pointing and laughing at us. You should have heard some of the crap Oiler fans were saying as I was leaving the arena and to be honest with you I dont disagree with alot of it at all. This isnt a rebuild anymore its a ****in rescue operation.

7. Why the hell didnt Sacco call a timeout at any of the time when the guys were runnign around chasing air? Sacco is a terrible coach. Craig Anderson hid all his warts in season 1 and HE is still riding on that first freakin year. Imagine if we even had a guy like Bruce Boudreau as coach. Look wat that melon head is doing in Anaheim or hey how about Randy Carlyle in Toronto? You know there was a time when he didnt have a job but no we dont need a guy like that behind the bench. FC UK

8. People blaming Varlamov geez. I dont know if we watch ed the same game. The mofo made 51 saves. 51 saves folks. Which goal did he have a chance on? RNH maybe? Thats about it though. Even the RNH goal wasnt bad it went off the post and in perfect shot for the kid. DId I like giving up a 1st and 2nd for Varly? No I didnt since Mcphee himself said he didnt even demand that BUT....wait why am I talking about that trade wahatever Varly is fine but he can never win in Edmonton for watever reason. Pisses me off because he deserved the win tonight.

9. Enough with ROB and Zanon. Seriously enough. I do not want to see either guy in an Avalanche jersey ever again. If they are Sherman tank agents then ok but if Sherman thinks these 2 are NHL d-men then he is sadly mistaken

10. Seeing it live I dont doubt that Stastny would do much much better with Jones off his line. Jones off the team sounds good to me too to be honest. Sgarbossa in his stint showed much more then Jones has all season. I hate DAvid Jones I really do . The guy cant turn LEFT!!!.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Believe it or not, Avs are 23-23 in 5 on 5 this year, despite going through all the crap they are. Special teams is a problem though.

It does seem like we have had an easy schedule, mostly avoiding the really good teams. Sharks/Canucks/Kings are the only good teams we've faced.
Ducks are pretty good too generally we tend to get ***** by the Pacific except Kings. Coming up next is Preds our biggest bogey team in the league

Old
02-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Hans Landaskog

I like what I'm seeing with Barrie, he needs to stick with Hejda.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

This team has already traded/discarded a lot of prospects. If they get rid of Barrie and/or Elliott, it just proves this club never had a plan in the first place.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:58 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
This team has already traded/discarded a lot of prospects. If they get rid of Barrie and/or Elliott, it just proves this club never had a plan in the first place.
Wouldnt shock me if both got packaged for Jeff Shantz soon

Old
02-17-2013, 12:59 AM
fcbarcelona

Do you guys know any Real Madrid fans I can pick on right now? As well, no one seems to agree with me about Barrie. Either that or I'm speaking a different language again.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:00 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Do you guys know any Real Madrid fans I can pick on right now? As well, no one seems to agree with me about Barrie. Either that or I'm speaking a different language again.
What you say about BArrie?

Old
02-17-2013, 01:02 AM
fcbarcelona

Barrie has the fastest decision making ability on the defense. Even better than erik Johnson. I would not trade Barrie. He's got the best vision on defense and just needs to get stronger.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:05 AM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Quote:
I've been saying it all along that I think he's NHL ready. I saw probably 15 LEM games and Barrie was one of the best skaters in at least 10 of them.

He can do much more on the PP than he's showed this far.

He's going to make mistakes and it will sting when they end up hurting us but you got to allow a guy like that play his way and learn from the mistakes.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:07 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
'Avs' and 'Colorado' are both trending on twitter but none of the tweets seem to have anything to do with hockey...

Old
02-17-2013, 01:08 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
Dater said Barrie is supposed to be better than Shattenkirk.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:08 AM
fcbarcelona

His intelligence is totally NHL ready. His body is not. Just let him train with Duchene and Crosby in the next off season and that should be fixed. He definitely feeds off more ice time too. He`s got a lot of confidence in himself. I would not include him in any trade with O`Reilly. The Rangers can have Elliott. But, not Barrie.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:09 AM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
'Avs' and 'Colorado' are both trending on twitter but none of the tweets seem to have anything to do with hockey...
Just like this team

Old
02-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post

Kings weren't exactly a good team when we faced them.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:15 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
His intelligence is totally NHL ready. His body is not. Just let him train with Duchene and Crosby in the next off season and that should be fixed. He definitely feeds off more ice time too. He`s got a lot of confidence in himself. I would not include him in any trade with O`Reilly. The Rangers can have Elliott. But, not Barrie.
Barrie can be Dan Boyle good once he matures. I watched Boyle in his early years in Florida almost a carbon copy if you ask me. barrie needs to play and make his mistakes and not have to sit 4-5 games when he makes a mistake while ******** zombies ROB and Zanon can make all the bonehead mistakes they want without consequence

Old
02-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Dater said Barrie is supposed to be better than Shattenkirk.
I like having EJ and all... but I got to say it'll be tough for Barrie to be better than Shattenkirk.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Crabapple

vCash: 898
Good game, I really liked Tyson Barrie, has good offensive instincts and is fast. Good luck going forward

Closed Thread