HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#14 |New Jersey Devils vs New York Islanders | Feb 16 | 7 PM 5-1 W

Old
02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
Looking at the ice times for last night, I think it's slowly getting more balanced. Only big WTF is probably Ullstrom getting 7:40. He and Aucoin were the only players under 10 minutes.

Positives are:

-Streit didn't play 45,000 minutes
-Okposo had 12:29 - his linemates Bailey and Nielsen had 2:07 and 4:34 more than him
-The "4th" line all got some good ice time, Zeeker was a second away from 15 minutes
-The stat I love the most: John Tavares 19:43. See how much easier it is for him to dominate when he's not gassed by playing 23 min?

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Can someone please explain to me why Aucoin is on the 2nd line powerplay still?

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:57 AM
smheilbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post

i think i prefer that fat capuano

smheilbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Staple reported Snow is shopping him, if no takers then waivers.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...ed:i=1.4661881
Fantastic news. I don't have much against him as a person but he doesn't fit into our long term plans and I really hate the 4th line veterans they bring in to provide leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
I've always been a big fan/supporter of KO, but watching him closely these past few games, i'm really starting to lose faith. He can't finish, and every time he gets the pass he either can't handle it or turns it over, either holding it in the corner or throws a weak pass. He's definitely not a building block anymore, and he better learn how to check and play nasty in the corners, otherwise I think it's time they moved on from him.
I just read this and it's a decent read, even though it's a few days old. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who isn't happy with his play and want to see his play get reduced. He tries too many things that simply don't work, he should really just keep it simple and try moving for once.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...of-kyle-okposo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Almost seems like KO needs to be re programmed. Since he hasn't been the beast in the corners he was earlier on and is getting nothing done, he should drive directly to the net more. Could be wrong but that what it looks like. Take the puck more to the middle and not go to the outside so often.
He always tries the same moves to the outside, then gets stuck on the boards halfway into the zone, tries to use one handed stick pokes to push the puck forward and turns it over. It's really remarkable that none of the coaches have nipped this in the butt, consider I'd be furious if my 10 year old kids did some of the things he does.

If he recognizes he doesn't have a smart play, the best thing to do is chip it deep and go get it, something he seems to refuse to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercrazy View Post
Actually after one strong shift the camera focused on him as butch gave a nice compliment. Who ever coach standing behind him gave him a couple of pats on his shoulders. Bailey has played well.
I may have missed it, but I thought he played very well for the minutes he was given. I also felt like some of the times he was out there with JT for whatever reason he looked good as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercrazy View Post
Agreed. It seems as if he's changed his game a little....and it's working for him. He's even doing some effective hitting. Maybe this is the player he should be.
He's only 22 years old, so the player we saw last year and even the year before that isn't his finished product. He's getting better in just about every way year in and out, it's fantastic to watch.

Crosby isn't the same player he was when he came into the league, and that's what makes these guys so good.

Quote:
He wins faceoffs? He does pass decently, he's just not much of a scoring threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Looking at the ice times for last night, I think it's slowly getting more balanced. Only big WTF is probably Ullstrom getting 7:40. He and Aucoin were the only players under 10 minutes.

Positives are:

-Streit didn't play 45,000 minutes
-Okposo had 12:29 - his linemates Bailey and Nielsen had 2:07 and 4:34 more than him
-The "4th" line all got some good ice time, Zeeker was a second away from 15 minutes
-The stat I love the most: John Tavares 19:43. See how much easier it is for him to dominate when he's not gassed by playing 23 min?
I noticed it being more balanced and the coaching staff has finally fallen out of love with the Nielson/Grabner combo, which has lead to more balanced play rather than trying to hit the home run pass every play. Lets hope this continues.

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
MichaelK

Quote:
I would prefer Cizikas but Aucoin is a good faceoff guy if Frans gets thrown out (that is when Frans is not on the first PP unit)

MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote