HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

What The Hell Happened To...Jim Carey?

Old
04-26-2013, 09:17 AM
JohnnyDrama21
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
What The Hell Happened To...Jim Carey?

http://thefarmclub.net/2013/01/15/wh...-to-jim-carey/

I did this awhile back but I collect a lot of 90s cards and he's appeared in quite a few of my favorite sets so it always springs to mind what he briefly was. I just can't believe how quickly he fell apart.

JohnnyDrama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:26 AM
tycoonheart

Wow. Excellent article. At least he seems to be doing pretty well now, with his own company and what not.

Last edited by tycoonheart: 04-26-2013 at 10:04 AM.
tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:27 AM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

I used to work as a software developer for the industry-leading medical billing services company, and we were always on the lookout for start-ups that might move into our space. One of the ones we were concerned with for a while was OptiMED. I heard the name enough around the office that I decided to check out their website. Almost fell out of my chair when I got to this page:

http://www.optimedsolutions.com/management.html

Needless to say, they never did much and eventually fell off my company's radar. Kind of like his NHL career.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:40 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Hmm...interesting stuff...

Then Capitals GM David Poile (now the GM in Nashville) on the trade:

“When we traded Jim, it wasn’t under normal circumstances,” Poile said. “We were struggling, and we traded three good, young players for three veterans. You could already sense that the passion, the drive wasn’t there in Jim. He was a nice person, but he didn’t really integrate with the team. Sure, there are loners in hockey, but it just seemed that Jim didn’t really want it. And you have to want it.I think it comes down to Jim not wanting it badly enough. He didn’t fight through the adversity the way we expected.”

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote