HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of Town Scoreboard

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 01:03 AM
calicapsfan
NFA

vCash: 500
That play by Nash was a total chicken **** move, and it sucks for Kopecky and FLA. But it doesn't change the fact that the dumbass Rags and their savior du jour lost to the Panthers. And that makes it a great game no matter what.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Maryland17

Yeah, **** Nash! Elbow to the back of the head and leaving his feet. Give him 2 games.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
BobRouse

A couple of years ago Green got 3 games (with no prior record) for delivering a leaping elbow to Kulikov I think.

That was before these "headshots" came into vogue. They better suspend Nash for at least that amount.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
A couple of years ago Green got 3 games (with no prior record) for delivering a leaping elbow to Kulikov I think.

That was before these "headshots" came into vogue. They better suspend Nash for at least that amount.
It wasn't leaping, and it wasn't an elbow. It was a shoulder to the head. It would be a suspension now, but it was a legal hit then. The only reason it was a suspension was because TSN freaked out about it on the air, called it an elbow over and over, and there wasn't a good camera angle of it. Steinberg did a big thing on "the elbow with no elbow."

Old
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Former Caps contributing to their team's defeats last night.

Semin called for a penalty in the first on a hook (I believe in the offensive zone). I did not see it but was listening to the Carolina feed on the radio (XM) while stuck in traffic on the Beltway. Canes announcer referrred to it as a bad penalty by Semin (deja vu moment). Penalty led to the Marty Brodeur goal/Devils first goal of the game.

Roman Hamrlik in the penalty box for high sticking. Panthers score on subsequent PP against the Rangers, first goal of the game.

What team should we send Jeff Schultz to, in order to help us?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Semin called for a penalty in the first on a hook (I believe in the offensive zone). I did not see it but was listening to the Carolina feed on the radio (XM) while stuck in traffic on the Beltway. Canes announcer referrred to it as a bad penalty by Semin (deja vu moment). Penalty led to the Marty Brodeur goal/Devils first goal of the game.
Seriously you are putting that goal on Semin...?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:14 AM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:

Roman Hamrlik in the penalty box for high sticking. Panthers score on subsequent PP against the Rangers, first goal of the game.

Traktor Chelyabinsk, so they miss the playoffs next year and Kuznetsov can come over earlier.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Seriously you are putting that goal on Semin...?
The goal was a fluke, but with Ellis going to the bench for the extra skater it only brought the number up to 5 skaters for the Canes, had Semin not been in the penalty box and Canes with 6 skaters on the ice, Staal's pass may have been met by a Hurricane player manning that point, so yeah Semin being in the penalty box played a role in that goal being scored.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
The goal was a fluke, but with Ellis going to the bench for the extra skater it only brought the number up to 5 skaters for the Canes, had Semin not been in the penalty box and Canes with 6 skaters on the ice, Staal's pass may have been met by a Hurricane player manning that point, so yeah Semin being in the penalty box played a role in that goal being scored.
Everyone who came to the rink that day played a role in that goal being scored. A guy making an awful pass that eventually ends up in a vacated net is the person to blame for the result though. That is 100% on Staal. He didn't even look up, he just blindly threw it back to where he thought his defenseman would be and he had seen the ref with his hand up so knew Ellis was going to the bench.

Maybe you'd like to give Zidlicky 'credit' for having the forethought to draw Ellis out of the net by taking his penalty to begin with...?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
That's a pretty big stretch. First of all, there WAS a Hurricane player at the point who missed the pass.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Actually I stand corrected, the Hurricanes never made it to where they had 5 skaters on the ice. Ellis was midway between the goal and the bench when Staal passed the puck back.
Is Staal primarily to blame for the goal absolutely, however not having a full compliment of skaters on the ice also was a contributing factor.

Oh how I love the Caps board. Make an innocuous comment or observation about either Alex Semin or Bruce Boudreau and some will respond as if you were caught in a compromising position with their honey.

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 03-22-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Oh how I love the Caps board. Make an innocuous comment or observation about either Alex Semin or Bruce Boudreau and some will respond as if you were caught in a compromising position with their honey.
Maybe instead of defining dummy for everyone you should go look up innocuous and you'll be able to figure this out for yourself...

Old
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Quote:

Pittsburgh.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Halpysback*

So, butterfly effect logic aside, that bumps the # of goals against this season Semin was responsible for to a grand total of... One. According to the canes subjective +/- board at least.

Though if we go through it and apply the butterfly effect normalization factor to all their plays made this season he's probably a -50 or something.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
According to the canes subjective +/- board at least.
We so need a blame thread for assessing every goal against. Seriously...

Old
03-22-2013, 01:29 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
GDT: Goal Discussion Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
That's what I thought too when I saw it. Seems like a ridiculously good analysis tool, especially with goals for as well.

Good luck having this board come to a consensus on who was at fault for an offside much less a goal against though.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:36 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Not really. Every goal against is the fault of George Mcphee. And every goal for is in spite of him.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
That's what I thought too when I saw it. Seems like a ridiculously good analysis tool, especially with goals for as well.

Good luck having this board come to a consensus on who was at fault for an offside much less a goal against though.
Yeah I don't necessarily expect a whole lot of consensus but I do think it could be very informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
GDT: Goal Discussion Thread
I'm on board. I usually rewind the DVR when there is a stoppage in play or between periods to watch goals a few times over again to see what really happened anyway. IMO the general reaction in the GDT's is incorrect more often than I would think most would expect.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Not really. Every goal against is the fault of George Mcphee. And every goal for is in spite of him.
Well we can simply list that in the general assumptions for the thread and attempt to dive deeper.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:42 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
I'm on board. I usually rewind the DVR when there is a stoppage in play or between periods to watch goals a few times over again to see what really happened anyway. IMO the general reaction in the GDT's is incorrect more often than I would think most would expect.
Yeah I'm almost always wrong because I watch the game through beer goggles

Old
03-22-2013, 04:23 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Maybe instead of defining dummy for everyone you should go look up innocuous and you'll be able to figure this out for yourself...
Feel better?

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 11-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old
03-22-2013, 05:31 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

No punishment for Nash.

Tons of faux outrage while saying no punishment. Saying its a rotten hit that deserves 2 minutes or probably a 5, but not even a fine.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:54 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
No punishment for Nash.

Tons of faux outrage while saying no punishment. Saying its a rotten hit that deserves 2 minutes or probably a 5, but not even a fine.
Well, that's a disgrace. Shanahan sucks.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Koized

Wrong thread.

Closed Thread