HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Toews Fight

Old
02-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

vCash: 500
Toews can't even fight guys his own size and hang in there, I give him props for taking Thornton on and all but if he wants to be able to do it properly he should really train and take lessons in boxing and hockey scraps altogether. Sharp would have looked better fighting Thornton, at least Sharpie can at least chuck em to some degree.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Blue Liner

Sharp's actually sneaky tough in his own right. He can definitely hold his own.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Callidusblackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Toews can't even fight guys his own size and hang in there, I give him props for taking Thornton on and all but if he wants to be able to do it properly he should really train and take lessons in boxing and hockey scraps altogether. Sharp would have looked better fighting Thornton, at least Sharpie can at least chuck em to some degree.
When has Toews even fought someone his own size though? His three career fights have been against Hanzal, Backes, and now Thornton.

Honestly, i wouldn't mind if Toews never fought again with his Concussion history.

Callidusblackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I had no problem with Toews doing this. People can say they don't want Toews fighting with his concussion history, what about letting other players punch you in the head or check you from behind without repercussion. Thronton has head hunted him for 3 years now. Even in the game earlier this year Thornton was going after Toews. Toews got tired of it and since no one else was stepping up for him Toews decided to handle it himself. Hopefully now other people will step up for him if someone goes after him again.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
I had no problem with Toews doing this. People can say they don't want Toews fighting with his concussion history, what about letting other players punch you in the head or check you from behind without repercussion. Thronton has head hunted him for 3 years now. Even in the game earlier this year Thornton was going after Toews. Toews got tired of it and since no one else was stepping up for him Toews decided to handle it himself. Hopefully now other people will step up for him if someone goes after him again.
I'm glad Toews stood up for himself and didn't punk out like the Sedins do but the team needs to help him out in that department.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:08 PM
PukYou

I thought it was rather stupid especially when your already winning the game. Not to mention the history of being concussed. The best way to get back at them is to steal the 2 points every time you play them. I know what he was trying to do but let it be done by someone who full fills that roll. All Toews did was put his team a man down for four minutes and put himself at risk. The Hawks are doing to well to risk any of that.

PukYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Penosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukYou View Post
I thought it was rather stupid especially when your already winning the game.
It was 0-0 in the first period. Way to watch the game.

Penosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:54 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Jumbo has always been a thorn in the Hawks' side, you have to push back once to keep it going, it's served us well in the playoffs. You want to talk about why the Sharks choke; it's the loss of composure at the critical time. You even see it in Niemi, like Nabby. Obviously that plays well with the Hawks. He'll stop taking bad penalties if they don't keep up with it to an extent. Veteran move, IMO.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:55 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Toews stood up for himself. No Show Joe headhunted him last year and Toews just got things out of the way at home.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Recoil

You know, after watching that video of the Toews/Thornton encounter last season, my takeaway was "Oh, hey. O'Donnell was on our team. I forgot about him." Another reason this season is better.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
burd

I doubt Toews actually plans what he is going to do as part of his leadership role, but he seems to naturally understand what he needs to do. This was personal with him but I suspect he also understood that he was showing his teammates that nobody on that team needs to back down from any challenge. Sounds cliche', but he's that kind of person.

burd is offline   Reply With Quote