MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
What do you think :

Clutterbuck (RFA) and ?what/who?

David Clarkson (UFA)

Clarkson has grit and can score. I would think Devils fans would love Clutterbuck, but we would need to add. But keep in mind that Clarkson is a UFA, so we shouldn't add too much. I was thinking ad Prosser or Scandella, but not sure the Devils are looking for Dmen. or Maybe we add our Goalie prospect from Sweden?
I dare you to bring that proposal to the Devils board...

Old
03-11-2013, 04:36 PM
DANOZ28

vCash: 500
since we dont have any cap space i doubt we'll be buyers. if somebody needs pmb to fill a spot then ask a 2nd. i would trade cullen to the pens however if we are still in the playoff mix i doubt CF would. make stoner & scandella available. i cant believe hackett would want to re-sign here if it means a 4th yr in the ahl but thats his decision. clutterbuck i would give a raise , brodz was good last yr not sure why hes off this year. just my 1/2 cent worthless opinion. cheers!

Last edited by DANOZ28: 03-11-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old
03-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Dampland

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I dare you to bring that proposal to the Devils board...
So tell me what you think is fair..... that's why I posted it on on thread, and not a Devils one.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:51 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

I wouldt trade avay Gustafsson atm..

Wit and see wait he can bring to the table for us.. i think he may become a stud.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:58 PM
grN1g

Lou will not trade clarkson, and clarkson will not leave NJ. he made that preety clear in a recent interview during his scoring stretch that he has nothing but respect and desire to play in NJ for Lou, and credits him to even being in the league. Waste of time.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

somebody may have asked this already. But with that SJ pipeline... what does it take to bring in Clowe?

Old
03-11-2013, 07:07 PM
grN1g

I personally wouldn't want to trade for Clowe, even if he could be had for cheap (which i doubt). We have too many prospects needing a spot on our team, and if you want toughness / grit in the top6 just let coyle play that role.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
somebody may have asked this already. But with that SJ pipeline... what does it take to bring in Clowe?
Clowe has been really bad this season. Lost a step or two.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
So tell me what you think is fair..... that's why I posted it on on thread, and not a Devils one.
"Fair" would be much more than we would be comfortable with.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Clowe has been really bad this season. Lost a step or two.
Yeah, his stats have fallen off more than I thought. Early in SJ streak he was producing at a solid rate, but he's back down to pretty average now.

Don't want him anymore.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:59 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Clowe right now is essentially Rupp. He's useful, but we don't need more than one.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:58 PM
bbgarnett

Min
2013 7th

Fla

Filip Kuba

2014 5th

Last edited by bbgarnett: 03-11-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old
03-11-2013, 10:13 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Just throwing this out there, but what do you folks think of Versteeg? Apparently he could be had, at the right price (according to TSN)

I've always liked him (plus he seems to be a Jets killer, perfect for next year!! )

Old
03-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
Just throwing this out there, but what do you folks think of Versteeg? Apparently he could be had, at the right price (according to TSN)

I've always liked him (plus he seems to be a Jets killer, perfect for next year!! )
Don't like his contract.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Don't like his contract.
That's why it'll be Heatley going the other way

Old
03-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
That's why it'll be Heatley going the other way
Not sure Florida would be too keen on that. Anyways, at Heatley's expires in a year.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
forthewild

PMB for some greek feta cheese, or well anything.

Has this been brought up yet?

Old
03-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Would be more than happy to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Bouchard. No way in hell does he fetch a first or good prospect, not even at the deadline.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:54 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

alright...i think the Oilers and their fans are going to come to the sad realization that they will have to trade at least one of their "big" named forwards for depth. Could we make a play for one of them? I'm guessing they'll keep Yak because he's the furthest away from his real contract and if i were them I'd make Hall off-limits, but for any of RNH, Hall, Eberle, or Yak...what would you give up. it will have to be a lot. not scraps (IE PMB, Heatley). You would be talking at the least Zucker, Coyle, Seto in some combination and possibly Gilbert going back as well. There's no one as untouchable on our team as Brodin right now.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:58 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
alright...i think the Oilers and their fans are going to come to the sad realization that they will have to trade at least one of their "big" named forwards for depth. Could we make a play for one of them? I'm guessing they'll keep Yak because he's the furthest away from his real contract and if i were them I'd make Hall off-limits, but for any of RNH, Hall, Eberle, or Yak...what would you give up. it will have to be a lot. not scraps (IE PMB, Heatley). You would be talking at the least Zucker, Coyle, Seto in some combination and possibly Gilbert going back as well. There's no one as untouchable on our team as Brodin right now.
I was thinking Hemsky/Horcoff/Gagner would be on their way out. And I'm thinking Edmonton would want defense/goaltending in return.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:00 PM
LordFletcher

what do you guys think about Wayne Simmonds in Philly... Do you think he could be traded for? Philly needs D (badly) but I am not sure we have what they need in areas we can afford to lose.

Would love to see Simmonds toughness and goal scoring abilities on this squad. Only if we had a decent D prospect worth giving up, not named Dumba, along with someone like Clutterbuck and, and or (fill in the blank) I would pull the trigger if it could be done.

thoughts... realistic or dreaming

Old
03-11-2013, 11:04 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
No chance RNH / Hall / Eberle / Yak / Schultz go anywhere... Ales Hemsky and Magnus Paajarvi could be traded but who knows. I think Tambi is afraid to make any deals at this point. EDM will slowly fall out of the playoff race and I don't think MORE draft picks are going to help them for next season. Curious to see what they do, but I would guess they would be more likely to deal near the draft, than the trade deadline this season

edit / add... I could see EDM shipping draft picks before the draft for help rather than split up their core

Last edited by LordFletcher: 03-11-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old
03-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
what do you guys think about Wayne Simmonds in Philly... Do you think he could be traded for? Philly needs D (badly) but I am not sure we have what they need in areas we can afford to lose.

Would love to see Simmonds toughness and goal scoring abilities on this squad. Only if we had a decent D prospect worth giving up, not named Dumba, along with someone like Clutterbuck and, and or (fill in the blank) I would pull the trigger if it could be done.

thoughts... realistic or dreaming
Every time i watch a Flyers game i do a mind trick and see Simmonds in a Wild uniform. If there is a player out there who fits the perfect mold of a player to put with Koivu and Parise i think it is Wayne Simmonds.

Unfortunately i think the Flyers think as highly of Simmonds as i do and the cost would be great to get him i would think.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Would be more than happy to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Bouchard. No way in hell does he fetch a first or good prospect, not even at the deadline.
I don't see PMB going anywhere, for anything. Who could be dumb enough to want him this season

Old
03-11-2013, 11:07 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
I was thinking Hemsky/Horcoff/Gagner would be on their way out. And I'm thinking Edmonton would want defense/goaltending in return.
those are the guys Oiler fans continually offer up in trade proposals in cycles and the guys that won't get them nearly enough to become competitive. I absolutely understand their reluctance to part with those big picks but I honestly don't think they'll get to the next level in time to keep all of them anyway. They'll end up in 10th-8th and lose one to an offer sheet that maybe won't have to be a whole lot (and thus not that risky to offer) if they're worried about paying the next guy due. If they match, they'll be that much less flexible when the next comes along. They've already proved they're not going to win with the gang of four and a bunch of scrubs on the front end and good luck just finding FA forwards every year who will over-perform.

edit: Paajarvi will get them dick for depth as well. right now the guys that have been mentioned in this thread are depth players on the oilers, and they aren't going to upgrade anything by trading them.

Closed Thread