HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 10:09 PM
  #476
LordFletcher
Registered User
 
LordFletcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Every time i watch a Flyers game i do a mind trick and see Simmonds in a Wild uniform. If there is a player out there who fits the perfect mold of a player to put with Koivu and Parise i think it is Wayne Simmonds.

Unfortunately i think the Flyers think as highly of Simmonds as i do and the cost would be great to get him i would think.
Couldn't agree more. I drool watching him play - score - check - defend himself and teammates. I would love to package Clutterbuck / draft picks for him but I know its not enough without giving Philly a top D prospect or top 4. We can't afford either of those at this current time.

Simmonds under $4 salary is a steal, and isn't he locked into that contract for 5 years or so. WHAT A DEAL!

LordFletcher is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
  #477
keppel146
We love Bacon
 
keppel146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MinneSOta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
I don't see PMB going anywhere, for anything. Who could be dumb enough to want him this season
I think PMB would be good in the right system, top 6 for a team lacking depth. Guy has great skills just needs the right coach who will actually play him

keppel146 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:15 PM
  #478
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner
 
Blizzard6411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
Couldn't agree more. I drool watching him play - score - check - defend himself and teammates. I would love to package Clutterbuck / draft picks for him but I know its not enough without giving Philly a top D prospect or top 4. We can't afford either of those at this current time.

Simmonds under $4 salary is a steal, and isn't he locked into that contract for 5 years or so. WHAT A DEAL!
Through 16 I think

Blizzard6411 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:16 PM
  #479
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,530
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
I think PMB would be good in the right system, top 6 for a team lacking depth. Guy has great skills just needs the right coach who will actually play him
IMagine him feeding the puck to Vanek

BigT2002 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:17 PM
  #480
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,420
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
I think PMB would be good in the right system, top 6 for a team lacking depth. Guy has great skills just needs the right coach who will actually play him
and that's the problem. Yeo (i think) said he can't afford to let him play his way back into that position with the shortened season. what other team could? Not many...maybe one that was outside a decent chance of the playoffs now but was willing to roll the dice they could get there if they had PMB playing at full speed for them. hardly anyone in the West is out of it enough for that.

rynryn is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM
  #481
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,343
vCash: 50
Always had a bit of a fantasy of trading for Parise's UND buddy Drew Stafford. His value probably isn't too his right now based on play so far this season so now would be the time to get him too.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
  #482
LordFletcher
Registered User
 
LordFletcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
I think PMB would be good in the right system, top 6 for a team lacking depth. Guy has great skills just needs the right coach who will actually play him
I slightly agree but I still don't know why any GM would make the trade for him this season when he will be CHEAP this summer. I am willing to bet Fletcher would take any bone thrown his way for him.

PMB's best days are behind him and I think he is one foot out the NHL door

LordFletcher is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
  #483
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG
 
SwimToTheMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
those are the guys Oiler fans continually offer up in trade proposals in cycles and the guys that won't get them nearly enough to become competitive. I absolutely understand their reluctance to part with those big picks but I honestly don't think they'll get to the next level in time to keep all of them anyway. They'll end up in 10th-8th and lose one to an offer sheet that maybe won't have to be a whole lot (and thus not that risky to offer) if they're worried about paying the next guy due. If they match, they'll be that much less flexible when the next comes along. They've already proved they're not going to win with the gang of four and a bunch of scrubs on the front end and good luck just finding FA forwards every year who will over-perform.

edit: Paajarvi will get them dick for depth as well. right now the guys that have been mentioned in this thread are depth players on the oilers, and they aren't going to upgrade anything by trading them.
I agree with you on all of that except Gagner. I think Edmonton could get a decent amount for him. Top 4 defenseman for sure.

Also, it's almost guaranteed Ryan Whitney gets dealt this year too.

Until the Oilers find a solid goalie, they're going to be a crappy team. Dubnyk is NOT the answer. Ray Emery is a free agent after this season, I bet Edmonton goes after him BIG TIME. Or they could get Bernier from LA for maybe Gagner?

SwimToTheMoon is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:27 PM
  #484
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
I slightly agree but I still don't know why any GM would make the trade for him this season when he will be CHEAP this summer. I am willing to bet Fletcher would take any bone thrown his way for him.

PMB's best days are behind him and I think he is one foot out the NHL door
My bet is that Fletcher is burning up the phone lines attempting to trade Bouchard. I just dont think any GM would be willing to give up anything for a guy whos game is so limited right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets put on waivers at some point for his own benefit. There is simply no room for him to play here, but another team would probably claim him if he is there for the taking.

MuckOG is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:28 PM
  #485
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG
 
SwimToTheMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
I slightly agree but I still don't know why any GM would make the trade for him this season when he will be CHEAP this summer. I am willing to bet Fletcher would take any bone thrown his way for him.

PMB's best days are behind him and I think he is one foot out the NHL door
Wouldn't surprise me if PMB's agent has been given permission to "shop" him to other teams. Even if it's for a 4th round pick just get anything you can get.

SwimToTheMoon is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 11:12 PM
  #486
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,420
vCash: 50
at this point I have to think Bouchard has quietly asked for a trade. Anywhere where he might get playing time. It's got to be at least as frustrating for Pierre-Marc as it is for Fletcher...Can't prove your better if you're not playing. Can't maintain game shape if you're not playing and thus likely will look worse if you finally do get the opportunity and end up with minimal minutes and never find the rhythm you need as a playmaker to highlight your strong points. Sucks all around. He isn't a bottom six player, and playing him bottom six minutes likely isn't going to benefit anyone.

rynryn is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:12 AM
  #487
Dampland
Overly Moderated
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Job Search City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 50
I'd do Clutterbuck + Dumba to Philly for Simmonds any day of the week.

Dampland is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:17 AM
  #488
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 15,262
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
I'd do Clutterbuck + Dumba to Philly for Simmonds any day of the week.
I would only trade Clutterbuck if he indicated that he wasn't going to re-sign.

I'm hesitant to see Dumba traded because I see the Wild improving as a whole, and if Dumba develops as predicted, he'll be quite the sparkplug on our blueline.

Edit: I'd throw Scandella and Cuma at Philly and see what they said.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:55 AM
  #489
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
I think PMB can fetch a return, something like maybe a 2nd rounder (remember with 3 weeks till trade deadline so many teams are close to the playoff spot its a sellers market) I think PMB represents value but there is the risk so maybe a team can bid to get PMB's services and we end up with a 2nd rounder. a 3rd is more likely at this point.

Another option with PMB is we trade him to a team that has a dman in the doghouse and do like a Lats/Pouliot trade where we trade our dog for theirs and maybe something works out.

His injury history has made it hard to play him much but he's also useless outside the top 6, and lets be honest there is no one in the top 6 i would take out for him. If we didn't have cullen and seto and instead had a some more size i could see it. Hell maybe SJ wants him

forthewild is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 10:53 AM
  #490
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG
 
SwimToTheMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
I think PMB can fetch a return, something like maybe a 2nd rounder (remember with 3 weeks till trade deadline so many teams are close to the playoff spot its a sellers market) I think PMB represents value but there is the risk so maybe a team can bid to get PMB's services and we end up with a 2nd rounder. a 3rd is more likely at this point.

Another option with PMB is we trade him to a team that has a dman in the doghouse and do like a Lats/Pouliot trade where we trade our dog for theirs and maybe something works out.

His injury history has made it hard to play him much but he's also useless outside the top 6, and lets be honest there is no one in the top 6 i would take out for him. If we didn't have cullen and seto and instead had a some more size i could see it. Hell maybe SJ wants him
What about Brayden Coburn? Not sure what his salary is (capgeek is blocked here), and Philly would only consider the trade if they were going to be a playoff team.

Unless the trade was done ASAP. Also, it would take more than PMB to get Coburn here.

SwimToTheMoon is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:18 AM
  #491
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
I think PMB can fetch a return, something like maybe a 2nd rounder (remember with 3 weeks till trade deadline so many teams are close to the playoff spot its a sellers market) I think PMB represents value but there is the risk so maybe a team can bid to get PMB's services and we end up with a 2nd rounder. a 3rd is more likely at this point.

Another option with PMB is we trade him to a team that has a dman in the doghouse and do like a Lats/Pouliot trade where we trade our dog for theirs and maybe something works out.

His injury history has made it hard to play him much but he's also useless outside the top 6, and lets be honest there is no one in the top 6 i would take out for him. If we didn't have cullen and seto and instead had a some more size i could see it. Hell maybe SJ wants him
I think you're kidding yourself...Bouchard has zero value right now. I'd be happy if we could fetch a 6th or 7th rounder. He's scared to go into the corners or high traffic areas, and he's been awful on the PP.

MuckOG is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:21 AM
  #492
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
What about Brayden Coburn? Not sure what his salary is (capgeek is blocked here), and Philly would only consider the trade if they were going to be a playoff team.

Unless the trade was done ASAP. Also, it would take more than PMB to get Coburn here.
$4.5m for the next 3 years, plus he has some sort of NMC. I'm guessing Philly wouldn't let go if him too easy as their defense has been pretty suspect lately, but if Coburn is the right guy I'm thinking of, I'd be ecstatic to get him. His type of defenseman would be ideal to pair with Dumba as he enters the NHL.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  #493
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I would only trade Clutterbuck if he indicated that he wasn't going to re-sign.

I'm hesitant to see Dumba traded because I see the Wild improving as a whole, and if Dumba develops as predicted, he'll be quite the sparkplug on our blueline.

Edit: I'd throw Scandella and Cuma at Philly and see what they said.

hahahahahaha Scandella+Cuma and get Wayne Simmonds??...in what world?? Fantasyland maybe.

Beegoalie is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
  #494
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
If your trading for PMB you're trading for the player he was, not the player he is.

He might be able to fetch a 2nd and a conditional pick.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:41 AM
  #495
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
If your trading for PMB you're trading for the player he was, not the player he is.

He might be able to fetch a 2nd and a conditional pick.
Not a chance...

MuckOG is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:43 AM
  #496
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Considering the season the Wild just came off of, I guess I'd rather just see them hold onto Bouchard than toss him for peanuts...

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
  #497
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,985
vCash: 500
Got a question for yall.

it sounds like PMB is the trade bait du jour. What exactly would your team be needing. Listening to Russo, he says the Wild would be looking for a Hal Gill like defenseman. Well, since Nashville HAS Hal Gill and he's one of 8 guys in a rotation could a PMB for Gill+ deal be possible?

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
  #498
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG
 
SwimToTheMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
$4.5m for the next 3 years, plus he has some sort of NMC. I'm guessing Philly wouldn't let go if him too easy as their defense has been pretty suspect lately, but if Coburn is the right guy I'm thinking of, I'd be ecstatic to get him. His type of defenseman would be ideal to pair with Dumba as he enters the NHL.
I'm not sure if he's in the doghouse in Philly. But his +\- isn't great.

SwimToTheMoon is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:57 AM
  #499
Sharppi
Nothing to see here
 
Sharppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Got a question for yall.

it sounds like PMB is the trade bait du jour. What exactly would your team be needing. Listening to Russo, he says the Wild would be looking for a Hal Gill like defenseman. Well, since Nashville HAS Hal Gill and he's one of 8 guys in a rotation could a PMB for Gill+ deal be possible?
Yes.

Sharppi is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
  #500
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Got a question for yall.

it sounds like PMB is the trade bait du jour. What exactly would your team be needing. Listening to Russo, he says the Wild would be looking for a Hal Gill like defenseman. Well, since Nashville HAS Hal Gill and he's one of 8 guys in a rotation could a PMB for Gill+ deal be possible?
I would think so...for sure.

MuckOG is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.