Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 10:09 PM
LordFletcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Every time i watch a Flyers game i do a mind trick and see Simmonds in a Wild uniform. If there is a player out there who fits the perfect mold of a player to put with Koivu and Parise i think it is Wayne Simmonds.

Unfortunately i think the Flyers think as highly of Simmonds as i do and the cost would be great to get him i would think.
Couldn't agree more. I drool watching him play - score - check - defend himself and teammates. I would love to package Clutterbuck / draft picks for him but I know its not enough without giving Philly a top D prospect or top 4. We can't afford either of those at this current time.

Simmonds under $4 salary is a steal, and isn't he locked into that contract for 5 years or so. WHAT A DEAL!

Old
03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
I don't see PMB going anywhere, for anything. Who could be dumb enough to want him this season
I think PMB would be good in the right system, top 6 for a team lacking depth. Guy has great skills just needs the right coach who will actually play him

Old
03-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. I drool watching him play - score - check - defend himself and teammates. I would love to package Clutterbuck / draft picks for him but I know its not enough without giving Philly a top D prospect or top 4. We can't afford either of those at this current time.

Simmonds under $4 salary is a steal, and isn't he locked into that contract for 5 years or so. WHAT A DEAL!
Through 16 I think

Old
03-11-2013, 10:16 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
I think PMB would be good in the right system, top 6 for a team lacking depth. Guy has great skills just needs the right coach who will actually play him
IMagine him feeding the puck to Vanek

Old
03-11-2013, 10:17 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
and that's the problem. Yeo (i think) said he can't afford to let him play his way back into that position with the shortened season. what other team could? Not many...maybe one that was outside a decent chance of the playoffs now but was willing to roll the dice they could get there if they had PMB playing at full speed for them. hardly anyone in the West is out of it enough for that.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Always had a bit of a fantasy of trading for Parise's UND buddy Drew Stafford. His value probably isn't too his right now based on play so far this season so now would be the time to get him too.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
I slightly agree but I still don't know why any GM would make the trade for him this season when he will be CHEAP this summer. I am willing to bet Fletcher would take any bone thrown his way for him.

PMB's best days are behind him and I think he is one foot out the NHL door

Old
03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
those are the guys Oiler fans continually offer up in trade proposals in cycles and the guys that won't get them nearly enough to become competitive. I absolutely understand their reluctance to part with those big picks but I honestly don't think they'll get to the next level in time to keep all of them anyway. They'll end up in 10th-8th and lose one to an offer sheet that maybe won't have to be a whole lot (and thus not that risky to offer) if they're worried about paying the next guy due. If they match, they'll be that much less flexible when the next comes along. They've already proved they're not going to win with the gang of four and a bunch of scrubs on the front end and good luck just finding FA forwards every year who will over-perform.

edit: Paajarvi will get them dick for depth as well. right now the guys that have been mentioned in this thread are depth players on the oilers, and they aren't going to upgrade anything by trading them.
I agree with you on all of that except Gagner. I think Edmonton could get a decent amount for him. Top 4 defenseman for sure.

Also, it's almost guaranteed Ryan Whitney gets dealt this year too.

Until the Oilers find a solid goalie, they're going to be a crappy team. Dubnyk is NOT the answer. Ray Emery is a free agent after this season, I bet Edmonton goes after him BIG TIME. Or they could get Bernier from LA for maybe Gagner?

Old
03-11-2013, 10:27 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
I slightly agree but I still don't know why any GM would make the trade for him this season when he will be CHEAP this summer. I am willing to bet Fletcher would take any bone thrown his way for him.

My bet is that Fletcher is burning up the phone lines attempting to trade Bouchard. I just dont think any GM would be willing to give up anything for a guy whos game is so limited right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets put on waivers at some point for his own benefit. There is simply no room for him to play here, but another team would probably claim him if he is there for the taking.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:28 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me if PMB's agent has been given permission to "shop" him to other teams. Even if it's for a 4th round pick just get anything you can get.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:12 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

at this point I have to think Bouchard has quietly asked for a trade. Anywhere where he might get playing time. It's got to be at least as frustrating for Pierre-Marc as it is for Fletcher...Can't prove your better if you're not playing. Can't maintain game shape if you're not playing and thus likely will look worse if you finally do get the opportunity and end up with minimal minutes and never find the rhythm you need as a playmaker to highlight your strong points. Sucks all around. He isn't a bottom six player, and playing him bottom six minutes likely isn't going to benefit anyone.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Dampland
Overly Moderated

I'd do Clutterbuck + Dumba to Philly for Simmonds any day of the week.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
I'd do Clutterbuck + Dumba to Philly for Simmonds any day of the week.
I would only trade Clutterbuck if he indicated that he wasn't going to re-sign.

I'm hesitant to see Dumba traded because I see the Wild improving as a whole, and if Dumba develops as predicted, he'll be quite the sparkplug on our blueline.

Edit: I'd throw Scandella and Cuma at Philly and see what they said.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:55 AM
forthewild

I think PMB can fetch a return, something like maybe a 2nd rounder (remember with 3 weeks till trade deadline so many teams are close to the playoff spot its a sellers market) I think PMB represents value but there is the risk so maybe a team can bid to get PMB's services and we end up with a 2nd rounder. a 3rd is more likely at this point.

Another option with PMB is we trade him to a team that has a dman in the doghouse and do like a Lats/Pouliot trade where we trade our dog for theirs and maybe something works out.

His injury history has made it hard to play him much but he's also useless outside the top 6, and lets be honest there is no one in the top 6 i would take out for him. If we didn't have cullen and seto and instead had a some more size i could see it. Hell maybe SJ wants him

Old
03-12-2013, 10:53 AM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
I think PMB can fetch a return, something like maybe a 2nd rounder (remember with 3 weeks till trade deadline so many teams are close to the playoff spot its a sellers market) I think PMB represents value but there is the risk so maybe a team can bid to get PMB's services and we end up with a 2nd rounder. a 3rd is more likely at this point.

Another option with PMB is we trade him to a team that has a dman in the doghouse and do like a Lats/Pouliot trade where we trade our dog for theirs and maybe something works out.

His injury history has made it hard to play him much but he's also useless outside the top 6, and lets be honest there is no one in the top 6 i would take out for him. If we didn't have cullen and seto and instead had a some more size i could see it. Hell maybe SJ wants him
What about Brayden Coburn? Not sure what his salary is (capgeek is blocked here), and Philly would only consider the trade if they were going to be a playoff team.

Unless the trade was done ASAP. Also, it would take more than PMB to get Coburn here.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:18 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post

I think you're kidding yourself...Bouchard has zero value right now. I'd be happy if we could fetch a 6th or 7th rounder. He's scared to go into the corners or high traffic areas, and he's been awful on the PP.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
What about Brayden Coburn? Not sure what his salary is (capgeek is blocked here), and Philly would only consider the trade if they were going to be a playoff team.

Unless the trade was done ASAP. Also, it would take more than PMB to get Coburn here.
$4.5m for the next 3 years, plus he has some sort of NMC. I'm guessing Philly wouldn't let go if him too easy as their defense has been pretty suspect lately, but if Coburn is the right guy I'm thinking of, I'd be ecstatic to get him. His type of defenseman would be ideal to pair with Dumba as he enters the NHL.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I would only trade Clutterbuck if he indicated that he wasn't going to re-sign.

I'm hesitant to see Dumba traded because I see the Wild improving as a whole, and if Dumba develops as predicted, he'll be quite the sparkplug on our blueline.

Edit: I'd throw Scandella and Cuma at Philly and see what they said.

hahahahahaha Scandella+Cuma and get Wayne Simmonds??...in what world?? Fantasyland maybe.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

If your trading for PMB you're trading for the player he was, not the player he is.

He might be able to fetch a 2nd and a conditional pick.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:41 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
If your trading for PMB you're trading for the player he was, not the player he is.

He might be able to fetch a 2nd and a conditional pick.
Not a chance...

Old
03-12-2013, 11:43 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Considering the season the Wild just came off of, I guess I'd rather just see them hold onto Bouchard than toss him for peanuts...

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Got a question for yall.

it sounds like PMB is the trade bait du jour. What exactly would your team be needing. Listening to Russo, he says the Wild would be looking for a Hal Gill like defenseman. Well, since Nashville HAS Hal Gill and he's one of 8 guys in a rotation could a PMB for Gill+ deal be possible?

Old
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
$4.5m for the next 3 years, plus he has some sort of NMC. I'm guessing Philly wouldn't let go if him too easy as their defense has been pretty suspect lately, but if Coburn is the right guy I'm thinking of, I'd be ecstatic to get him. His type of defenseman would be ideal to pair with Dumba as he enters the NHL.
I'm not sure if he's in the doghouse in Philly. But his +\- isn't great.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Got a question for yall.

it sounds like PMB is the trade bait du jour. What exactly would your team be needing. Listening to Russo, he says the Wild would be looking for a Hal Gill like defenseman. Well, since Nashville HAS Hal Gill and he's one of 8 guys in a rotation could a PMB for Gill+ deal be possible?
Yes.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Got a question for yall.

I would think so...for sure.

Closed Thread