Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 09:02 AM
DANOZ28

vCash: 500
i just dont understand how some of you are willing to give up most likely a 2nd & a prospect to bring in a rental for our 1st playoff appearance in 5 years (hopefully) when we have an unproven playoff goalie. we are not ready to make a hard cup run. feel free to prove me wrong. thx ps if we make the playoffs (which i hope we do) then run what you brung. ps just making the playoffs is a victory for this org & developing our prospects is key for the longterm health of this team. ps3 the wild are up against the cap which limits our options.

Last edited by DANOZ28: 03-20-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old
03-20-2013, 10:09 AM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
i just dont understand how some of you are willing to give up most likely a 2nd & a prospect to bring in a rental for our 1st playoff appearance in 5 years (hopefully) when we have an unproven playoff goalie. we are not ready to make a hard cup run. feel free to prove me wrong. thx ps if we make the playoffs (which i hope we do) then run what you brung. ps just making the playoffs is a victory for this org & developing our prospects is key for the longterm health of this team. ps3 the wild are up against the cap which limits our options.
I do agree some what.

If we take that route, i think we should be shopping Cullen for sure.

I also feel myself leaning the other way. With guys like Zucker, Coyle, down to Lucia and Haula. I am fine we lose a few picks here and there. Stock up for the play offs get some deep experiance and maybe steal a few series or possible a cup.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:26 AM
JayB

EDIT: Bouchard,Heatley and Cullen for Stafford and Okposo. Fletcher make it happen!

Last edited by JayB: 03-20-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old
03-20-2013, 10:37 AM
nickschultzfan

Over the years, I've learned a thing or two about the deadline in the modern NHL.

1. Rental vets almost always underperform or have a minimum impact. New team. New system. Hard to get the emotions up for the players. The two exceptions are where the rental plays well, but the team implodes, making his effort wasted, or the team is already on fire and the rental just like of goes along with the flow, which I guess is the best of the realistic scenarios. What I rarely see is a vet rental that gets the team "to another level" or fills in a hole perfectly.

2. Teams that go far in the playoffs always, always have rookies or young players who overperform. Yes, many teams have younger players who hit a wall in the playoffs, but the good ones always walk in with a few young players and 1 or 2 of them step it up.

Edit - What I am saying is that playing a young player is less risky and has a higher upside than trading for a vet rental.

Last edited by nickschultzfan: 03-20-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Eagle Claw

Wild has butch to throw on the 1 line as long as he's hot there is no need for a trade as the 2 line dont get "cold" by putting zucker back there

Old
03-20-2013, 11:04 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

If we are looking for an experienced vet rental, and looking to get Coyle off that first line for the playoffs, Iginla would actually be a really good fit there.

Though I don't think it's worth it to trade for him.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:36 AM
bear1

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
If we are looking for an experienced vet rental, and looking to get Coyle off that first line for the playoffs, Iginla would actually be a really good fit there.

Why do we need to get Coyle off the first line?

Old
03-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Not a fan of Okposo. Has had plenty of years and chances to show it, very streaky player. Will light it up for a couple weeks then go ice cold for a month or two.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post

For what Calgary is asking for, I don't think it's worth ANY team acquiring him.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:26 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
For what Calgary is asking for, I don't think it's worth ANY team acquiring him.
Especially considering that I think he will pull a Tkachuk.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:59 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

It makes perfect sense for us to win the cup this year. I can just see the HF reactions now,

"They are that trap team that won the cup in a shortened season which doesn't really count"

Lmao

Old
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Not a fan of Okposo. Has had plenty of years and chances to show it, very streaky player. Will light it up for a couple weeks then go ice cold for a month or two.
And we already have Cullen/Seto for that. But hell we love them on hot streaks, how do you know he won't be on a hot streak haha

I'm all for improving the team, but it depends on the cost and it has to be a perfect fit. I'm in favor of adding Iginla because of veteran leadership and physicality. I think with Parise and Koivu, that line would be unstoppable. Again depending on cost, but that's the only piece I would add if I could. Otherwise stay the course.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

If we do trade for anyone, I would like to see a trade for a top 6 winger that will stay with the team, and fit into the team dynamic.

None of our prospects project to be that top line RW shooter, and that really is what we're missing. It's such a specific role, it might be best trading for one.

As much as I like Iggy, I don't see him being the answer.

Coyle, imo, will be an excellent 2nd line winger. Unless he starts learning how to shoot a lot more, which has never really been his thing. His shot is nothing overly impressive though, so I just don't see it.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Don't think we've seen Butch, Seto, or Zucker on that top line RW spot.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

No way do we see Seto on the top line with how good he's been playing with Cullen. Butch has been playing well on that second line as well so I don't think you move him either. Zucker could be interesting, assuming he's willing to switch from LW to RW.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Parise-Koivu-Seto
Zucker-Cullen-Bouchard

Old
03-20-2013, 03:36 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Time to throw out the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" cliche

Old
03-20-2013, 03:53 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

It seems like many of us are at an impass.

Our team is doing pretty well, better than many of us expected at this point. We don't want to mess with anything for fear of breaking something, that appears to be working overall.

Imo, we playing well, but we need to be better. We're still mid-range in many things, and we need to at least try to hit the next level.

It's true Seto is playing well with Cullen. Hell, Cullen has been playing well for a month now, who would have seen that! The second line is pretty good. Would Seto play better with Parise and Koivu? His style would fit for sure. Second line is good, but hte time line really could use something, it's not there yet.

The whole "it aint broke, don't fix it" makes sense. I just believe we're not that good yet, and come playoffs, if we make it, we might be sad. To me we need to find that better level now, not just maintain this status quo.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

By the same token, if/when it becomes broken (lose a few games in a row), that might drop us from a playoff spot, then it's an uphill battle. Wild have 34 points, three games back is 28 points and tied for 12th.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Uberdachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
Time to throw out the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" cliche

Time to throw out the "that car cost $145 million dollars. You're damn well going to rotate the tires so it doesn't skid off a cliff." cliche

Old
03-20-2013, 04:52 PM
mmk786

If a trade makes us a serious stanley cup contender then we should seriously think about it, otherwise whats the point of giving up young players or picks to improve yourself marginally in the short term.

Atleast, thats my criteria for trades at this time of the year.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
By the same token, if/when it becomes broken (lose a few games in a row), that might drop us from a playoff spot, then it's an uphill battle. Wild have 34 points, three games back is 28 points and tied for 12th.
Exactly. We're not in a position where we can really say with any kind of certainty that everything's working perfectly and should not be changed, because we haven't secured a spot in the playoffs.

There's still a long way to go and the margins are minimal. We can see some issues with the lineup, and while they haven't cost us any games as of late, they still exist and there's a chance they'll come and bite us in the ass sooner or later.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:13 PM
LordFletcher

Not sure why people think Fletcher would consider trading a 1st round pick for a rental of any kind, any amount of skill.

Fletcher extremely value's his draft picks post Cam Barker (sorry to say that name) and the only way I could see him shipping off top picks is if he gets a player younger than 28 with 2 or more years left on his contract, that shows potential / or is a current top 6 or top 4 player... Seeing as our top 6 is almost complete, it would have to be for a top 4 defender, which doesn't really exist in today's market.

So in other words, I don't expect much change of any kind from our current roster unless we are talking about trading our current prospects like Larsson / Phillips / any D prospect not named Dumba and package them with someone like Clutterbuck or who ever for a current role player.

the only guy I badly want to see Fletcher make a move for (this would never, NEVER happen) is Wayne Simmonds. I highly doubt he is even for trade and if he was, it would require defenders to complete the trade and the Flyers having to fall out of the playoff hunt. So this is EXTREMELY unlikely. I would send Clutterbuck / 2013 1st round pick, possible mulitiple picks and any D prospects not named Dumba (pretty much no one).... Can't say I know the value well, so don't bash, it's not a real offer, just a dream scenario

Last edited by LordFletcher: 03-20-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 07:16 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

So freaking tired of hearing about Kessel and how he's a MN boy. "Of course he'd fit in there." BS!! No, Toronto. We don't want him. Repeat...we don't want him. And we aren't going to give up all of our decent prospects for the guy. Not gonna happen!

Old
03-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Loopy0ne
tastes like burning

Gaby (fave player) + 1 million of his cap monies for PMB + 2nd round pick?

Closed Thread