Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 11:39 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

vCash: 500
I still say pick up Coburn from Philly if he's available.

We'd have to somehow drop some salary though.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Dampland
Overly Moderated

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
To even get Stevie Y to not hang up immediately you'd have to Offer Brodin+Granlund+1st and go from there. Whatever we'd have to give up would not be worth it.
I would give up Dumba + Granlund + Hackett + 1st rounder without hesitation to get Stamkos.

But would not give up Brodin.

While Billy Mays said Stamkos is a Bolt for life...I'm not so sure.... that team is looking bad, and has some OLD players in St. Louis and Vinny L. I don't think it is as crazy as it sounds, and we would still have Larsson, Zucker, Coyle, Brodin, in the system.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Dampland
Overly Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatvindaloo View Post
Don't see anyway the Wild would get him without trading away the majority of our future. If there's one thing I've learned this year is that a Stamkos alone does not a playoff team make. Besides, another blockbuster contract would severely handcuff the Wild going forward.
I admit... I did not look into the salary cap ramifications of such a trade. Guessing that Stamkos is making $7 million/season?

Old
03-26-2013, 11:44 PM
goatvindaloo

Yep, 7.5

Old
03-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

If you want Stamkos you damn well better know that Koivu + is going back. No room for 2 centers making $6.9 million+ each on this team.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
**** I know this would never happen, but if it was proposed, would you do it? ****

TO:

Steven Stamkos

TO:

2013 1st rd pick
Cal Clutterbuck
Matt Hackett
Mikael Granlund
Marco Scandella/Matt Dumba

So.... is it close to a fair value? Or would the Wild still have to add....what would they add?

I know that Tampa is lacking in goalie (Hackett) and d-man (Scandella/Dumba), plus a replacement for soon to retire Marty St.Louis in Granlund. And with Clutterbuck, they get that replacement for Downie that they real seem to be missing.

Think an offer like that would ever be considered by Yzerman?
If you want Stamkos, you need to send Koivu back, and probably at least one top prospect, one secondary prospect and a high pick, could even be more. Tampa won't give up Stamkos except if you overpay them royally.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:02 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

no one is going to sell off a guy as young and skilled as Stamkos if they're planning on rebuilding. they rebuild around him.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
pbunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
no one is going to sell off a guy as young and skilled as Stamkos if they're planning on rebuilding. they rebuild around him.
This. We didn't dump Koivu when we went through our refresh, we built around him hitting his stride + some when the team was on the uptick. Remember that we signed him long term before anyone considered the option of picking up Suter/Parise (which accelarated the refresh for sure).

I don't think you'll see many teams pulling an Edmonton as far as the full on up-the-ass rebuild. It really doesn't work unless you can get franchise talent, not just high-end 1st round talent. If (if) Tampa moves to a rebuild, it will be a refresh move built around Stamkos. That means Lecalvalier and that group moves on not their Rocket Richard.

TL;DR Stamkos will never move.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:20 AM
PuckInTheNards

Stamkos isn't going anywhere but I like where this thread's head is at.

How about Dumba+ for Couturier? Couts has been ineffective this year but he'd be a solid #2 center that would allow Granlund to stay on the wing. We'd probably have to add to Dumba (maybe) but Philly's desperate for D.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Doobz89

Blahhhh. No way I would do this. Coutier is super overrated if you ask me doesn't add much skill to the line up and believe that Cullen's way better offensively than coutiere
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post

How about Dumba+ for Couturier? Couts has been ineffective this year but he'd be a solid #2 center that would allow Granlund to stay on the wing. We'd probably have to add to Dumba (maybe) but Philly's desperate for D.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post

You got Wild fans *****ing about Koivu being a #1 C, you will have them doing the same with Couts...

He's a solid guy but i don't think Fletcher wants to make that trade yet.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:13 AM
yeos schmos

This thread took an interesting turn...i found myself watching Tampa last night wondering what either Stamkos or Marty could add to our lineup...

Old
03-27-2013, 11:25 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
I still say pick up Coburn from Philly if he's available.

We'd have to somehow drop some salary though.
You're not alone. He's a beast on the blueline and can chew up some minutes as well. A pick up like that would definitely strengthen the defensive corps heading into the playoffs.

Bouchard + Scandella + 2nd rounder in 2013 and 2014 for Coburn.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:25 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeos schmos View Post
This thread took an interesting turn...i found myself watching Tampa last night wondering what either Stamkos or Marty could add to our lineup...
First question I would ask, is what does it do to the Top 2 lines? Because both of them would need to be on the scoring lines and PP only. Honestly neither are a good fit, especially Marty. Stamkos is an interesting ponder, but I still don't see the fit on this team at all. Not to mention you would basically have to give up the farm to get the man on top of home town discounts from Backstrom (who is going to have us tied at the wrists if he gets a Vezina nod with his contract coming up) and Cullen and would 100% mean moving probably Seto on top of it.

If I'm Tampa, I"m asking for Zucker, Seto, Granlund, Kemp, and Dumba. And even then I don't think they would want to touch it.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Dampland
Overly Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
First question I would ask, is what does it do to the Top 2 lines? Because both of them would need to be on the scoring lines and PP only. Honestly neither are a good fit, especially Marty. Stamkos is an interesting ponder, but I still don't see the fit on this team at all. Not to mention you would basically have to give up the farm to get the man on top of home town discounts from Backstrom (who is going to have us tied at the wrists if he gets a Vezina nod with his contract coming up) and Cullen and would 100% mean moving probably Seto on top of it.

If I'm Tampa, I"m asking for Zucker, Seto, Granlund, Kemp, and Dumba. And even then I don't think they would want to touch it.

in my proposal, I did offer Granlund, Hackett, Dumba, Clutterbuck and a 1st for Stamkos .... also my thought was he would center the second line with Seto and Zucker on his wings. (But maybe that would be too many shooters and not enough playmakers.)

Parise - Stamkos - Coyle
Zucker - Koivu - Seto
Johan Larsson - Broadziak - Bulmer ( I bet he does better in NHL than AHL ... some guys are like that)
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

otherwise ... Fontaine on 3rd line.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
yeos schmos

Quote:
in my proposal, I did offer Granlund, Hackett, Dumba, Clutterbuck and a 1st for Stamkos .... also my thought was he would center the second line with Seto and Zucker on his wings. (But maybe that would be too many shooters and not enough playmakers.)

Parise - Stamkos - Coyle
Zucker - Koivu - Seto
Johan Larsson - Broadziak - Bulmer ( I bet he does better in NHL than AHL ... some guys are like that)
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

otherwise ... Fontaine on 3rd line.
This i wouldn't mind

Old
03-27-2013, 04:37 PM
bottompairingdman

Everyone do realise that even thinking about getting Stamkos is crazy, right? Okay, got that out of the way.

With the way Philly's been playing they might consider moving some of their better players. Some of you mentioned Coburn and I'd be all in for us trying to get him (provided he's even available).

He'd be an ideal addition to our top 4 imo. Big-bodied, good defensively and can play big minutes. Any ideas what we'd need to offer Philly for them to consider trading him? With their need of young D-men with potential could Dumba be a potential starting point? Would you move Dumba for him?

Old
03-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Dampland
Overly Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottompairingdman View Post
Everyone do realise that even thinking about getting Stamkos is crazy, right? Okay, got that out of the way.

Yes, we understand that ... but just looking at the value needed

He'd be an ideal addition to our top 4 imo. Big-bodied, good defensively and can play big minutes. Any ideas what we'd need to offer Philly for them to consider trading him? With their need of young D-men with potential could Dumba be a potential starting point? Would you move Dumba for him?

I'd trade Dumba for Coburne in the blink of an eye. But we would need to add a bit. Probably a 3rd rounder.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
bottompairingdman

Quote:
Thanks for the input. Yeah I got that the Stamkos talk was about trying to determine the value but just felt too odd seeing his name in our lineup anyways, when it comes to possible trades I'd be hesitant to make major moves right now given the way we're playing but getting a Dman like Coburn is something I'd really like us to do during the summer.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Would you move Dumba for him?
I would not, personally. Although Coburn is decent and all, I don't see the need to upgrade our D immediately. Though the Wild are looking like a team who could make it to the WCF, that wasn't the expectations for the year. I don't want to give up what Dumba could become (which I think is better than Coburn) in order to win this year.

IMO, the upgrade that Coburn would provide this year and the next couple < what Dumba could turn into over the next ~7 or so years. And I know I'm placing a lot of eggs in the "potential" basket, but I don't think it's worth the risk. Plus, I really like Dumba.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:34 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
If you want Stamkos you damn well better know that Koivu + is going back. No room for 2 centers making $6.9 million+ each on this team.
If you want Stamkos, you better believe Brodin is the center piece. Not Koivu.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:

With the way Philly's been playing they might consider moving some of their better players. Some of you mentioned Coburn and I'd be all in for us trying to get him (provided he's even available).

No because Coburn is the type of D man I'd be looking for to pair with Dumba. Put him with Gilbert for now, Dumba in 1-2 years, but I don't think we'd want to trade the assets necessary, unless we're comfortable with trading our 1st this year.

Edit: The main board thread has mentions of Gardiner, Beaulieu and Wiercoch that aren't getting laughed out of the room.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 410
I like Coburn, but I wouldn't give up Dumba. Any other D-man not named Suter, Brodin, or Gilbert can be moved in a deal +draft pick/mid tier Forward prospect.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:32 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnewby View Post
I like Coburn, but I wouldn't give up Dumba. Any other D-man not named Suter, Brodin, or Gilbert can be moved in a deal +draft pick/mid tier Forward prospect.
I wouldn't say Gilbert is untouchable....especially with the way he's been playing as of late.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:40 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I wouldn't say Gilbert is untouchable....especially with the way he's been playing as of late.
I do agree to that. My only reasoning for putting on that list is that if we swapped him, it does give us an upgrade, but we still are lacking another top 4 dman. If we kept Gilbert then we have a very solid top 4.

Closed Thread