Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 12:18 AM
MK9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnewby View Post
I do agree to that. My only reasoning for putting on that list is that if we swapped him, it does give us an upgrade, but we still are lacking another top 4 dman. If we kept Gilbert then we have a very solid top 4.
Definitely need to get a top 4 dman if we're going to get anywhere in the playoffs. Gilbert has been really poor almost all year. Hopefully it's just him being 'off' from the injuries and he'll get his crap together soon. And I do like Spurgeon. He's not amazing by any means, but he's got a lot of good stuff he does. I just don't think he's top 4 material. We desperately need a big, mobile guy to pair with Gilbert. I definitely wouldn't do a deal around Dumba. But I think with we have, we can get a deal done with someone for a top 4 guy without going nuts or giving away a bunch of prospects.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:57 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 475
Gilbert was a machine at the beginning of the year, he's really fell off since though.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:48 AM
grN1g

that'll happen when you have a 19 year old outplay you and take your ice time. he gets like 16mins max a night and prob sees like 25-30 seconds of PP time a game, if hes lucky.

oh hes also paired with cinder blocks for feet, and below avg hockey IQ Clayton Stoner most of the time.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:48 AM
bottompairingdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
that'll happen when you have a 19 year old outplay you and take your ice time. he gets like 16mins max a night and prob sees like 25-30 seconds of PP time a game, if hes lucky.

oh hes also paired with cinder blocks for feet, and below avg hockey IQ Clayton Stoner most of the time.
Probably a bit too harsh way to put it but I agree

I'd avoid moving Gilbert if possible, he's still a legitimate top-4 D. The reason I'd be interested in a guy like Coburn is that if we could get a defensively responsible top-4 D like him our D would look solid. Falk could slide down to the bottom pairing where he belongs.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:23 PM
nickschultzfan

I agree that Gilbert has struggled lately (breakouts last night were terrible), but it would be unwise to trade him.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I agree that Gilbert has struggled lately (breakouts last night were terrible), but it would be unwise to trade him.
I agree with this.

He does seem to be going through a rough patch, but after our top 2, I still think he is overall our best d.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Dampland

vCash: 528
You guys are WAY too harsh on Stoner. He is not top line dman for sure, but he does a pretty good job.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
You guys are WAY too harsh on Stoner. He is not top line dman for sure, but he does a pretty good job.
Agreed.

So, we have our 1st pairing (Suter/Brodin) and our 3rd pairing (Stoner/Spurgeon) pretty much locked if we want it. Just need to build up the 2nd pairing; hopefully half of it is already playing Red Deer.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Mikey09

David Clarkson to Wild, what do u think about it?

Do you think its possible? Would you like it here? I think, it would be nice to see Parise - Koivu - Clarkson line. Nothing against Coyle, but he's too young and is just farm player right now.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Agreed.

So, we have our 1st pairing (Suter/Brodin) and our 3rd pairing (Stoner/Spurgeon) pretty much locked if we want it. Just need to build up the 2nd pairing; hopefully half of it is already playing Red Deer.
Dumba will be there, but dont know who next

Old
03-28-2013, 02:54 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
Do you think its possible? Would you like it here? I think, it would be nice to see Parise - Koivu - Clarkson line. Nothing against Coyle, but he's too young and is just farm player right now.
We couldn't do it unless Bouchard, Heatley or Cullen were going the other way. We're not trading Cullen, and I don't think NJ has any interest in Bouchard or Heatley. And that's even assuming NJ is interested in trading Clarkson, which they're almost certainly not.

I wouldn't mind it, but it won't happen.

Old
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Stoner and Falk suffer from the same thing they've always suffered from up here...consistency issues. it's a dice roll whether or not either one will have a good game or not. I don't know if it's mental or conditioning or what, but both of them at times have played like decent second pairing defensemen in small stretches of games only to drift back down to AHL level decision making. I don't know if we can afford to carry two players like that for very long. I'd keep Falk at this point because when he's on, he's more versatile than Stoner. Not quite as physical, but he can do a decent job if he feels like it and he's better with the puck.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
We couldn't do it unless Bouchard, Heatley or Cullen were going the other way. We're not trading Cullen, and I don't think NJ has any interest in Bouchard or Heatley. And that's even assuming NJ is interested in trading Clarkson, which they're almost certainly not.

I wouldn't mind it, but it won't happen.
They can have little interest in Butch, but i think they'll maybe want some prospect, and that isn't our way. Maybe Phillips can be the only available prospect

Old
03-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

If Dumba eventually makes it into our top 4, you can almost bet he'll be playing alongside Suter rather than Brodin. Yeo seems to like having players play on the same side as their handiness, with the Suter - Brodin pairing being the exception to this rule. Doubt he has two lefties play on one pairing while two righties play on the other.

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Gilbert

Old
03-28-2013, 03:10 PM
TZM
Par too easy

I'm apologize if this has been in the discussion already but:

what if Heater and Butch (perhaps throw a pick/prospect too) were to be traded? Is there any realistic deal for that?

I'd like them to add some skill to the first line.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
I'm apologize if this has been in the discussion already but:

what if Heater and Butch (perhaps throw a pick/prospect too) were to be traded? Is there any realistic deal for that?

I'd like them to add some skill to the first line.
I don't think Heatley will be traded. Butch is available, i want Clarkson here, do u guys remember Parise - Clarkson last season? And Clarkson give some tough to this line and can stand up for Parise,Koivu,Suter or Brodin.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:17 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

No way we trade both Heatley and Bouchard unless it's for skill and depth. That's what they bring, and that's what we need.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
If Dumba eventually makes it into our top 4, you can almost bet he'll be playing alongside Suter rather than Brodin. Yeo seems to like having players play on the same side as their handiness, with the Suter - Brodin pairing being the exception to this rule. Doubt he has two lefties play on one pairing while two righties play on the other.

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Gilbert
Dumba likely won't be ready to face the top lines consistently, as Suter and Brodin do now. I'd be very hesitant to roll with these to start next year.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Stopping Pucks

vCash: 50
Heatley has been useless. He shows no effort. I have said this so many times. He is a sniper, a shooter, a pure shooter, nothing else.

Bouchard has been okay as of late. If we could re-sign him for cheap and he stays consistent i don't know why we wouldn't keep him.

This team needs stronger defense to go far in the playoffs, and a highly skilled 1st line player that could bring energy to games. Like the Kane type.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:36 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
No way we trade both Heatley and Bouchard unless it's for skill and depth. That's what they bring, and that's what we need.
I just don't see any future with them anymore. Both seem to have some moments they look good but most of the time they can't contribute enough. Heater should get more scoring chances and score more so he'd be valuable for the team. Butch does try a lot but it doesn't count.

They've been pretty neutral in the past 7 games. Helped somewhat to win the games but if you could upgrade your team - I mean a real upgrade from some desperate team, not a garbage deal - I'd do the deal. I just don't know who'd be realistic to have your hands on.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:38 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Heatley has been useless. He shows no effort. I have said this so many times. He is a sniper, a shooter, a pure shooter, nothing else.

Bouchard has been okay as of late. If we could re-sign him for cheap and he stays consistent i don't know why we wouldn't keep him.

This team needs stronger defense to go far in the playoffs, and a highly skilled 1st line player that could bring energy to games. Like the Kane type.

you are correct about Heatley being not much more than a shooter at this point, now consider that he's playing with maybe the 2 worst "playmakers" on the roster. I am not saying Heatley has earned anything better than the 3rd line, but its not hard to see why his numbers are going to suffer.

As for Bouchard, No thanks. The guy is already starting to go back to being afraid to play the game.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
you are correct about Heatley being not much more than a shooter at this point, now consider that he's playing with maybe the 2 worst "playmakers" on the roster. I am not saying Heatley has earned anything better than the 3rd line, but its not hard to see why his numbers are going to suffer.

As for Bouchard, No thanks. The guy is already starting to go back to being afraid to play the game.
Heatley didn't look any different on the top line, there is a reason he is where he is right now on the third line. Again his numbers are right in line with where they have been for the past two seasons. He is what he is and getting worse.

I wonder at this point if he isn't holding Brodz and Clutter back not that they are holding Heatley back.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
I just don't see any future with them anymore. Both seem to have some moments they look good but most of the time they can't contribute enough. Heater should get more scoring chances and score more so he'd be valuable for the team. Butch does try a lot but it doesn't count.

They've been pretty neutral in the past 7 games. Helped somewhat to win the games but if you could upgrade your team - I mean a real upgrade from some desperate team, not a garbage deal - I'd do the deal. I just don't know who'd be realistic to have your hands on.
Have we been watching the same team the last seven games? Bouchard has nine points in those seven, and has been a huge part of this streak.

Heatley only has four, but he's also been extremely snakebit too.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:08 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Have we been watching the same team the last seven games? Bouchard has nine points in those seven, and has been a huge part of this streak.

Well I should add "IMO" again but I think they have had their moments but they aren't consistent. Heater lacks movement and Butch does a lot but isn't really efficient while at it.

And yes, they have contributed for the wins as of late but I'm afraid the team won't go forward with them. Hence I mentioned that only if they'd get something signifant in return I would make the trade.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Uberdachen

Quote:

Closed Thread