HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  #801
SPMaximus
Re-sign=/=Resign
 
SPMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 50
Does Calgary have any good top 4 defensemen on good contracts that Feaster would trade for Heatley?

SPMaximus is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:10 PM
  #802
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,132
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPMaximus View Post
Does Calgary have any good top 4 defensemen on good contracts that Feaster would trade for Heatley?
Not sure...but have I told you that I love your avi and hope to GAWD that is what the new road sweaters will look like next season???

MuckOG is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:57 PM
  #803
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Calgary, even in their infinite stupidity, still wants only young players coming back, not soon-to-be-UFA vets.

nickschultzfan is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 06:17 PM
  #804
saywut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
If Dumba eventually makes it into our top 4, you can almost bet he'll be playing alongside Suter rather than Brodin. Yeo seems to like having players play on the same side as their handiness, with the Suter - Brodin pairing being the exception to this rule. Doubt he has two lefties play on one pairing while two righties play on the other.

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Gilbert
Yes, handedness matters but Brodin is the exception because he prefers to play the right side. Its extremely rare for RHD to play the left side because most teams only have a couple so LHD are forced to play the right side, some LHD prefer it, and Brodin is one of those. Keep him there.

Personally I'm not expecting Dumba to make the team next year, I like our right-side as is with Brodin/Spurgeon/Gilbert. Gilbert's contract is up after next season, if he continues to be on our 3rd pair he might look to more money/minutes elsewhere, which would open a spot for Dumba on the right side. Would like to see an upgrade on the left side but we've got to be conscious of our cap long-term so finding an upgrade might be hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Heatley has been useless. He shows no effort. I have said this so many times. He is a sniper, a shooter, a pure shooter, nothing else.

Bouchard has been okay as of late. If we could re-sign him for cheap and he stays consistent i don't know why we wouldn't keep him.

This team needs stronger defense to go far in the playoffs, and a highly skilled 1st line player that could bring energy to games. Like the Kane type.
Heatley's effort is fine, he's handled his demotion incredibly well given his history.

We could certainly use upgrades to our top-line and 2nd D pair but are the right fits going to be available? We've certainly got the assets to make deals happen but holding onto those assets could pay bigger dividends down the road too.

saywut is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 06:26 PM
  #805
Dampland
YEO must GO
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Job Search City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Heatley has been useless. He shows no effort. I have said this so many times. He is a sniper, a shooter, a pure shooter, nothing else.

Bouchard has been okay as of late. If we could re-sign him for cheap and he stays consistent i don't know why we wouldn't keep him.

This team needs stronger defense to go far in the playoffs, and a highly skilled 1st line player that could bring energy to games. Like the Kane type.
You are WRONG on this. Heatley is slowing down, and his legs are betraying him. But he is still working out there, still plays the body, and he is providing some offense. And, as far as anyone knows, he has still been a perfect guy in the lockerroom, even when dropped to the 3rd line. In fact I believe Russo wrote something about how the young guys (Zucker, Coyle) have really enjoyed getting mentored by Heatley.

The problem is so many people expected the 50 goal scorer when he came here. THose years were right after the lockout - so no hooking/holding allowed, and he was playing with a lot of talent ( Alfreddsen, Spezza)

The reality is nothing more than a top end of 30 goal/season player at most is what we would be getting. Last year playing hurt, and with AHL guys, he had 24 goals.

This year he is on pace for another 24-26 goal season. Which is nothing to ***** about considering the Wild have only ever two players score more than 30 goals (Gabby & Rolston) as far as I know.

He is so much better for this team than Havlat was. Yet people want to rag on him because he can't score 50 anymore.

To say he is useless and showing no effort, is totally uncalled for and inaccurate.

Dampland is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:26 PM
  #806
yeos schmos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
You are WRONG on this. Heatley is slowing down, and his legs are betraying him. But he is still working out there, still plays the body, and he is providing some offense. And, as far as anyone knows, he has still been a perfect guy in the lockerroom, even when dropped to the 3rd line. In fact I believe Russo wrote something about how the young guys (Zucker, Coyle) have really enjoyed getting mentored by Heatley.

The problem is so many people expected the 50 goal scorer when he came here. THose years were right after the lockout - so no hooking/holding allowed, and he was playing with a lot of talent ( Alfreddsen, Spezza)

The reality is nothing more than a top end of 30 goal/season player at most is what we would be getting. Last year playing hurt, and with AHL guys, he had 24 goals.

This year he is on pace for another 24-26 goal season. Which is nothing to ***** about considering the Wild have only ever two players score more than 30 goals (Gabby & Rolston) as far as I know.

He is so much better for this team than Havlat was. Yet people want to rag on him because he can't score 50 anymore.

To say he is useless and showing no effort, is totally uncalled for and inaccurate.
Agreed. .. we're playing as good as anybody and some are still unsatisfied. .. The Good Yeo giveth and the Good Yeo taketh away. Be happy for good times have come our way!

yeos schmos is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:03 PM
  #807
LighthouseFog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
You are WRONG on this. Heatley is slowing down, and his legs are betraying him. But he is still working out there, still plays the body, and he is providing some offense. And, as far as anyone knows, he has still been a perfect guy in the lockerroom, even when dropped to the 3rd line. In fact I believe Russo wrote something about how the young guys (Zucker, Coyle) have really enjoyed getting mentored by Heatley.

The problem is so many people expected the 50 goal scorer when he came here. THose years were right after the lockout - so no hooking/holding allowed, and he was playing with a lot of talent ( Alfreddsen, Spezza)

The reality is nothing more than a top end of 30 goal/season player at most is what we would be getting. Last year playing hurt, and with AHL guys, he had 24 goals.

This year he is on pace for another 24-26 goal season. Which is nothing to ***** about considering the Wild have only ever two players score more than 30 goals (Gabby & Rolston) as far as I know.

He is so much better for this team than Havlat was. Yet people want to rag on him because he can't score 50 anymore.

To say he is useless and showing no effort, is totally uncalled for and inaccurate.
I agree with this as well. Is Dany's cap hit higher than his output, sure, but I still like what he brings to this team. He scored goals early in the season when we couldn't buy any. Lines were shuffled around and he finds himself on the 3rd. He probably isn't happy about it but probably also understands he is slowing down.

Maybe I'm not as upset with Heatley because he's on the 3rd line instead of the 1st. We are lucky to have that kind of depth now and the idea of having enough talent to put Dany on the 3rd makes me happy.

The 3rd line seems to be picking it up when it comes to scoring too. Heatley has hit a lot of posts and created chances. He still attracts serious attention from defenders.

I'm glad we traded Havlat for Heatley.

LighthouseFog is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:13 PM
  #808
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,132
vCash: 50
Heatley might be a great locker room guy and mentor to the youngsters, but that won't mean squat going into next season if he doesn't start producing more than he has been. That whole 3rd line has been the weak link as of late.

...and I'm also glad we made the trade that brought him here...But we have a few young players (Larsson, Zucker and Granlund) that will be ready to take the next step next year and have to be afforded the opportunity to compete for roster spots.


Last edited by MuckOG: 03-28-2013 at 08:29 PM.
MuckOG is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:33 PM
  #809
saywut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
Heatley might be a great locker room guy and mentor to the youngsters, but that won't mean squat going into next season if he doesn't start producing more than he has been. That whole 3rd line has been the weak link as of late.

...and I'm also glad we made the trade that brought him here...But we have a few young players (Larsson, Zucker and Granlund) that will be ready to take the next step next year and have to be afforded the opportunity to compete for roster spots.

On a related note.....Eddy appears to be in the need for some hard working veterans to insert into their line-up...Anyone think they might be interested in bringing Brodziak back? I know I've read some fans who would like to see him back in the blue and orange? What would be a good return for him?

I'm thinking the following lines look good for next season...and Brodziak could be expendable.

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Larsson - Granlund - Clutterbuck
Mitchell - Kenopka - Rupp
Weird, the 3rd line won us the game against Dallas and our "2nd" line was on for all 3 of Phoenix's goals last night, despite the fact that our "2nd" line gets the easiest match-ups.

saywut is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:43 PM
  #810
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,132
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Weird, the 3rd line won us the game against Dallas and our "2nd" line was on for all 3 of Phoenix's goals last night, despite the fact that our "2nd" line gets the easiest match-ups.
Take a look at the +/- numbers of our 3rd line...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

I realize +/- doesn't always tell the whole story, but these are pretty glaring.

MuckOG is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:52 PM
  #811
saywut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
Take a look at the +/- numbers of our 3rd line...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

I realize +/- doesn't always tell the whole story, but these are pretty glaring.
Our 3rd line is constantly used as our match-up line. Brodziak is -2 this month, nothing wrong with that with the ice time he's logging.

saywut is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:05 PM
  #812
DeuceMN
Really?
 
DeuceMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chi-Town, Il
Country: United States
Posts: 1,987
vCash: 50
Our third line had one good game recently. Much of the time they are the worst line we put out there. And I'm a big Brodziak fan, so it sucks to see this.

I don't know how anyone who watches the games doesn't see the frequent bad connections and decisions from that line. Brodziak and Clutterbuck have at least looked a little better lately, but Heatley, just does not look sharp far too often. Sure he'll have a good pass, and people will talk about that great pass, but no one mentions the four passes before that that he just gave to the opposition.

DeuceMN is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:01 PM
  #813
JamesRanger
Registered User
 
JamesRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Plymouth
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
I really like Heatly but he is really only good with the puck on his stick. The other problem with the third line is Brodziak and Clutterbuck clash in playstyle. Clutterbuck would be better on a speedy line like the second line but there is no room. Brodziak belongs on more of a possession cycling line. He would probably fit with with Coyle.

That line really lacks any identity. It is pretty much the line of left over players that haven't fit anywhere else.

JamesRanger is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
  #814
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Dumba is at least 3 years away from being reliable NHL Dman. Maybe longer.

That means 2016-2017 people.

nickschultzfan is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:21 PM
  #815
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner
 
Blizzard6411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Dumba is at least 3 years away from being reliable NHL Dman. Maybe longer.

That means 2016-2017 people.
I heard that same thing about another Dman the Wild drafted.

Blizzard6411 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:25 PM
  #816
JamesRanger
Registered User
 
JamesRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Plymouth
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
I heard that same thing about another Dman the Wild drafted.
Expecting another Brodin is a path to disappointment .

JamesRanger is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:26 PM
  #817
J22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Dumba is at least 3 years away from being reliable NHL Dman. Maybe longer.

That means 2016-2017 people.
That is such a ridiculous statement to make. You cant possibly pretend to know where this kids game will be even 1 year from now.

J22 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:32 PM
  #818
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,132
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Dumba is at least 3 years away from being reliable NHL Dman. Maybe longer.

That means 2016-2017 people.
There's no way you can know that.

MuckOG is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:48 PM
  #819
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Dumba is at least 3 years away from being reliable NHL Dman. Maybe longer.

That means 2016-2017 people.
I don't think it'll be that long. The worst thing that could've happened to Dumba was Brodin looking as good as he has. We're going to have some crazy unrealistic expectations for his 1st year.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:53 PM
  #820
Sheng Peng
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
You are WRONG on this. Heatley is slowing down, and his legs are betraying him. But he is still working out there, still plays the body, and he is providing some offense. And, as far as anyone knows, he has still been a perfect guy in the lockerroom, even when dropped to the 3rd line. In fact I believe Russo wrote something about how the young guys (Zucker, Coyle) have really enjoyed getting mentored by Heatley.

To say he is useless and showing no effort, is totally uncalled for and inaccurate.
Gotta second this. Overall, yes, he's an on-ice liability, but he's given it his all and deserves a lot of respect for that.

That said, I think it's Buyout City for him next year.

Sheng Peng is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 11:30 PM
  #821
PariseSuterKoivu
Registered User
 
PariseSuterKoivu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 274
vCash: 50
Heatley seems to play best with a strong playmaking center who can play along the boards and in the corners, like he had in Atl, SJ with Thornton and Ottawa with Spezza. In other words he was lucky to be in the perfect situation every stop but here, and still always something missing. I like the thought of playing him with Brodz, who can take up some of the slack as far as dirty work. But Brodz is no Thornton. Heatley needs another guy on that line who can set him up for that big slapshot and still contribute on the forecheck. Not sure we have a guy like that on the roster now (except Parise who can do it all). He doesn't belong on the first line but he does need a better setup man on the wing. It's who he is.

PariseSuterKoivu is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 12:29 AM
  #822
vitogor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRanger View Post
I really like Heatly but he is really only good with the puck on his stick. The other problem with the third line is Brodziak and Clutterbuck clash in playstyle. Clutterbuck would be better on a speedy line like the second line but there is no room. Brodziak belongs on more of a possession cycling line. He would probably fit with with Coyle.

That line really lacks any identity. It is pretty much the line of left over players that haven't fit anywhere else.
Agree with this. You can see they are not clicking just about every time they step on the ice. But all the other lines are doing fine, so there's no reason to keep tinkering. It's better to have one line of misfits than three lines of misfits, like we did in the beginning of the season.

vitogor is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 12:53 AM
  #823
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,238
vCash: 50
I wouldn't mind keeping Heater if it wasn't for that god damn ridiculous cap hit of his.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 05:11 AM
  #824
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 500
I don't think Heatley's difficulties are effort-related. It's his physique that's failed him. I'd love to have him on the 1st line if he could keep up, but he can't so he needs to be kept on the 3rd line for now. Better conditioning in the summer could help him and maybe he can be put back with Koivu and Parise next season, but there are no guarantees. I don't expect him to ever score 50 or even 40 goals again, but with that cap hit he should be a serviceable top 6 player (more like a 1st liner, but I'm cutting him some slack here). If he's not, I don't know if there's much sense in keeping him. The 3rd line needs an identity next season and that includes Heatley being off that line.

Gaps is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 07:14 AM
  #825
Mikey09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
I hope guys like Granlund, Zucker and Larsson make the team next year. My possible lines for next season.

Parise - Koivu - Clarkson yes, i hope we acquire him!
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Granlund - Larsson - Coyle
Rupp - Konopka/Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Mitchell


Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Gilbert
Falk - Spurgeon

Backs
Hackett

Mikey09 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.