HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 03:17 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Finding a big time Dman a team would part with is rough, but a place like Florida (possibly losing Weiss) has a couple young ones worth looking at.
Kulikov or GTFO would be my initial offer. Or is there someone better than Kulikov on Florida?

Old
02-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Can someone answer my question if Del Zotto is off the table?
We don't know. Friedman said Sather balked when Avs wanted more than Del Zotto but who knows what is true. Rumors/negotiation posturing and so on.

As an Avs fan I'd rather not trade with Rangers. I don't think Sather would ever ok a trade he didn't get the best in. So if he balks, it's because he can't fleece another team.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:20 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Gardiner will never be anything close to Scott Niedermayer. Sorry guys.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
We don't know. Friedman said Sather balked when Avs wanted more than Del Zotto but who knows what is true. Rumors/negotiation posturing and so on.

As an Avs fan I'd rather not trade with Rangers. I don't think Sather would ever ok a trade he didn't get the best in. So if he balks, it's because he can't fleece another team.
Well Sather lost a couple of trades too, even since the lockout. So he's not perfect when it comes to trades. Anyway, I don't think it's fair to ask for more than Del Zotto, unless it's someone like Boyle. Del Zotto is a 40 point D-man that plays good defense (usually). He's a very good piece and we'll be taking quite a hit on the blue line.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:33 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
Ennis has zero appeal for the Avs. We need size upfront if a forward is the center piece. Kassian+ would have fit the bill. We do need a top pairing LD PMD.

Just don't see the center piece that Buff could offer or would be willing to offer to make a deal happen.
Sekera + then.
Also, I find it hard to believe there would be zero interest in Ennis. He's currently outscoring everyone on the Avs not named Duchene, he's one of 2 Sabres forwards with a positive Corsi rating (while facing decent QOC), and he's young, talented, and on a cheap bridge contract.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Sekera + then.
Also, I find it hard to believe there would be zero interest in Ennis. He's currently outscoring everyone on the Avs not named Duchene, he's one of 2 Sabres forwards with a positive Corsi rating (while facing decent QOC), and he's young, talented, and on a cheap bridge contract.
I'd like to have Ennis. Course our team seems cursed with concussions so we're just fearing for his life. Anything to move Jones down a line or just out completely would be nice.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:37 PM
cgf

Sekera and Ennis is one of the trades that I think would make sense if we traded O'Reilly. I'm not gunna be happy with it, but I'm not going to be really happy with any O'Reilly trade that's plausible.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:37 PM
BrimStone64

Like to see Montreal make an offer to ROR. Galenchyuk, ROR, Plekanec, Eller down the middle. With their defense in front of Price all relatively locked up for next few years, put Habs cup contenders for long term. May have to deal a Gionta at draft or over summer for a pick to get caproom for next season though

Old
02-17-2013, 03:44 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I concur. Potentially. I see Gardiner as being Scott Niedermayer 2.0. Hence I have difficulty trading him for ROR.
and there it is!

gardiner will be one of the greatest champions in the history of hockey.

didn't you say that i was uninformed? riiiiiiiiight...

Old
02-17-2013, 04:07 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
and there it is!

gardiner will be one of the greatest champions in the history of hockey.

didn't you say that i was uninformed? riiiiiiiiight...
I see his potential as that of a Niedermayer. You obviously have never watched Gardiner play. If you have, you would see the comparison.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Avs44

vCash: 130
Quote:
I see his potential as that of a Niedermayer. You obviously have never watched Gardiner play. If you have, you would see the comparison.
Yeah, I think you have to be out of your mind to compare Gardiner to one of the greatest defensman ever. And yes, I've seen Gardiner play.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Iracundia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Sekera + then.
Ennis doesn't fit the avs needs. We have Hishon already so why do we need Ennis? Oh and your team is a scoring machine and also sits in 12th place in the east. BTW if he's so good you keep him and build around him.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:12 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
just stop

Old
02-17-2013, 04:13 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

Quote:
Ennis doesn't fit the avs needs. We have Hishon already so why do we need Ennis? Oh and your team is a scoring machine and also sits in 12th place in the east. BTW if he's so good you keep him and build around him.
Umm...Ennis would be an awesome addition. Avs lack skill. All they do is work really hard to grind it out. Other than our first line with Dutchy and PAPAP, the rest of the team lacks skill. I'd take Ennis and Sekera for ROR easily.

EDIT: Hishon is also a MASSIVE question mark at this point. He hasn't played a game in almost 2 years.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:16 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
I really like this argument. Someone disagrees with you they obviously never watched him play because it's impossible for you to be wrong.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:17 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

I'd love Ennis on the Avs if he could play wing for us. We don't need another center though.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Hugo Sham

As great as he's been playing, I wonder if habs put Diaz (10 pts) + eller on the table for ROR. I believe that gets it done even though nobody outside of montreal has a ****ing clue how good Diaz has become

Old
02-17-2013, 04:19 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Umm...Ennis would be an awesome addition. Avs lack skill. All they do is work really hard to grind it out. Other than our first line with Dutchy and PAPAP, the rest of the team lacks skill. I'd take Ennis and Sekera for ROR easily.

EDIT: Hishon is also a MASSIVE question mark at this point. He hasn't played a game in almost 2 years.
I don't. Sekera + Ennis are fair value but none of the pieces has any upside compared to ROR. Sekera is what he is. A very good #3 that can maybe get by as #2 under the right circumstances. He has not much room for improvement (at least in my opinion).

Ennis is very skilled but his size will always hinder him. His upside is limited. He just does not have the skill MSL has (which is not a slight to him but a compliment to MSL).
You will not get away with him playing on the 1st line on a contending team.

Yes they are good pieces but odds are that we have lost that deal the moment we make it and the gap will grow wider if ROR continues developing. I rather gamble on a riskier prospect....

Old
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
cgf

Quote:
Since Hishon's brain got turned into pudding I don't expect him to ever even play in the NHL, much less excel. Which sucks cause he'd have been absolutely brilliant playing on Dutchy's wing.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
As great as he's been playing, I wonder if habs put Diaz (10 pts) + eller on the table for ROR. I believe that gets it done even though nobody outside of montreal has a ****ing clue how good Diaz has become
Eller is of no interest to the Avs.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Eller is of no interest to the Avs.
and you know this...how?
a solid two way center with size who's
2 years older than ROR, and still
has potential + a top 4 puck
moving dman who still plays
1st minute pp for habs
(9th in pts among all Dmen)

i'm pretty sure the majority of
hab fans don't want any part of moving
Diaz but i would consider it for
ROR

Old
KIRK

I'm stunned that no Avs fan has jumped at even one of what must be a hundred fair offers from Leafs fans.

Old
Iracundia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post

Glad you're not the GM of the Avs. When healthy we have a great mix of skill and grit upfront. Problem is that we are lacking in scoring punch and skill from our D. We have zero goals from our D. We have the lowest scoring D in the NHL and you geniuses want to trade for a undersized forward

Old
02-17-2013, 04:44 PM
DougGilmour93

I'm entitled to my opinion of Gardiner, as you are of O'Reilly. The way you are valuing him is as if he was Getzlaf.

Regardless of what you think my opinion of him is, I still would consider a deal revolving around Gardiner and O'Reilly.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:48 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
I'm entitled to my opinion of Gardiner, as you are of O'Reilly. The way you are valuing him is as if he was Getzlaf.

Regardless of what you think my opinion of him is, I still would consider a deal revolving around Gardiner and O'Reilly.
And you value Gardiner as Scott Niedermayer 2.0 but would somehow even trade him for ROR.
So you commenting on others overvalueing their players is kind of funny.....

Closed Thread