HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 04:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
If GMs are lowballing the Avs, that doesn't mean they have to accept the offer. Friedman wrote about the MDZ+Kreider/Miller trade and one of the RDS guys mentioned Couturier. IF what Simmons tweeted is accurate, that would mean the Avs told the Rangers to make an offer and then they countered with MDZ+Kreider/Miller and the same goes for Couturier from the Flyers. That's no different than the Avs asking for MDZ+Kreider/Miller right from the beginning and the Rangers countering with a lesser package.

What Simmons tweeted also goes against everything we've heard thus far and he's probably one of the least reliable guys in the media.
Yeah I honestly can't picture us offering up one of our top prospects in Kreider or Miller AND MDZ for O'Reilly only. I've warmed up to the idea of trading MDZ for O'Reilly, but that's too much and I doubt that would an offer at all, much less a first offer.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Yeah I honestly can't picture us offering up one of our top prospects in Kreider or Miller AND MDZ for O'Reilly only. I've warmed up to the idea of trading MDZ for O'Reilly, but that's too much and I doubt that would an offer at all, much less a first offer.
Agreed. I think you will see the Avs move some pieces with O'Reilly if it comes to a trade.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
SOURCE: No truth to media reports that #Flyers have inquired about Colorado center Ryan O'Reilly.

Good (no offense Avs fans). If Couturier is the piece that the Avs want, that's just too much IMO.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:40 PM
xander

The Sens seem most like the most logical landing spot to me: out of conference, plenty of assets, might be looking to jumpstart the rebuild by moving prospects for proven young talent. I don't know whether the Karrlson injury encourages them to make a move, sit back and wait on their assets, or has or if it has any effect at all.

As a Ranger fan, I would think long and hard about a Del Zotto/ROR straight swap, but I wouldn't be interested in moving anything else. That is not a comment on what I think ROR is worth (the market will determine that), but I don't see a need for this Rangers team to make drastic moves right now.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
If I was in the Atlantic Division and could play ROR against Crosby or Malkin every time we played it would be something I would think long and hard about. ROR played against the top lines every night. Started in his own zone most shifts and usually won the possession game and ended the play in the opponents zone.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
The Sens seem most like the most logical landing spot to me: out of conference, plenty of assets, might be looking to jumpstart the rebuild by moving prospects for proven young talent. I don't know whether the Karrlson injury encourages them to make a move, sit back and wait on their assets, or has or if it has any effect at all.

As a Ranger fan, I would think long and hard about a Del Zotto/ROR straight swap, but I wouldn't be interested in moving anything else. That is not a comment on what I think ROR is worth (the market will determine that), but I don't see a need for this Rangers team to make drastic moves right now.
But would he not find him self in the same situation in Ottawa as he did in Colorado? Pushed down to 3rd line duties to get the best out of his main skills?

Old
02-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
But would he not find him self in the same situation in Ottawa as he did in Colorado? Pushed down to 3rd line duties to get the best out of his main skills?
Why would he get pushed down to the 3rd line in Ottawa?

Old
02-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
What are you talking about? O'Reilly was first/second line last year.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:08 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Spezza and Turris.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Long-term, though he feels like a championship piece (what we are trying to add)

Old
02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Sens Mile

Adrian Dater via twitter: The Avalanche are not looking for a center in return to for Ryan O’Reilly. They are looking for an offensive defenseman or a proven forward with a draft pick. Dater says to stop with the Maple Leafs rumors, the Avalanche are not interested in players like Tyler Bozak

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors/

Would have to think that Wiercoich is who we would have to dangle (Went to NCAA around there). If he was included in a deal, I wonder how Turris would take it?

Old
02-19-2013, 05:11 PM
xander

Quote:
Is my memory manufacturing Turris seeing some time on the wing last year? Probably. But with Spezza out for most of the season, ROR would be able to step into a top two center role immediately, and I'm sure someone can scoot to a wing when Spezza returns. Unless he wants to play for a bad team, O'Reilly is going to have to push someone on his new team down or off of center (he'd be in the same situation if he got dealt to the Rangers, Flyers, or any number of teams rumored to have interest).

Anyway, I haven't watched much Ottawa hockey this year, so I will stop riffing on a team that I'm not incredibly knowledgable about - they just seamed like a team in a good position to make this kind of move right now.

Last edited by xander: 02-19-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Spezza and Turris.
I think the organization would consider moving him to the wing with Spezza.. He's always needed a sniper on his wing and Turris can definitely pot it and Turris has really struggled in the circle.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Spezza and Turris.
O'Reilly is better than Turris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Adrian Dater via twitter: The Avalanche are not looking for a center in return to for Ryan O’Reilly. They are looking for an offensive defenseman or a proven forward with a draft pick. Dater says to stop with the Maple Leafs rumors, the Avalanche are not interested in players like Tyler Bozak

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors/

Would have to think that Wiercoich is who we would have to dangle (Went to NCAA around there). If he was included in a deal, I wonder how Turris would take it?
Wiercoich would be a secondary piece. Definitely not the main asset coming back for O'Reilly.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
I think the organization would consider moving him to the wing with Spezza.. He's always needed a sniper on his wing and Turris can definitely pot it and Turris has really struggled in the circle.
Pretty much this...although people exaggerate Turris' struggle in the circle he does have a great skillset for a winger. Beautiful shot, good speed, defensively aware and great hockey sense.

If we acquire O'Reilly it's because Turris will be moved to the wing. Most likely Spezza's. Spezza could really use an intelligent player like Turris on his wing who has a great shot and knows where to be a lot. They've already shown a good amount of chemistry together, too.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
O'Reilly is better than Turris.

Wiercoich would be a secondary piece. Definitely not the main asset coming back for O'Reilly.
I think you are right but something would need to come back with O'Reilly to try and bridge the gap, Wiercoich is a player that will stick in the league.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:21 PM
HSF

i am still a bit uneasy giving up zibby and weirchioch seems like a big price to pay :s

I feel like we could use that package later to get a more proven talent like what Nash went for or something :s

Old
02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
SOURCE: No truth to media reports that #Flyers have inquired about Colorado center Ryan O'Reilly.

Good (no offense Avs fans). If Couturier is the piece that the Avs want, that's just too much IMO.
I agree. Makes really no sense. Lateral move at best for Philly.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
I think you are right but something would need to come back with O'Reilly to try and bridge the gap, Wiercoich is a player that will stick in the league.
Hunwick or O'Brien?

Old
02-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i am still a bit uneasy giving up zibby and weirchioch seems like a big price to pay :s

I feel like we could use that package later to get a more proven talent like what Nash went for or something :s
We are not giving up Zibby or Silfverberg. I think the package will be Wiercoich, (Stone, Puempel, or Hoffman), and a 3rd or something.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:28 PM
officeglen

Quote:
We are not giving up Zibby or Silfverberg.
Why are "we" not doing this?

Old
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
We are not giving up Zibby or Silfverberg. I think the package will be Wiercoich, (Stone, Puempel, or Hoffman), and a 3rd or something.
Good package. Avs would be willing to give up Elliott, Olver and a 2nd for that.

Old
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post

We will never get an elite established player for Zibanejad and Wierchioch. We will be lucky to get O'Reilly for that package to be honest. It's a good deal for both sides with high end possibilities for both sides. If that offer is on the table I really hope that Ottawa would accept it.

Zibanejad, Wierchioch and a 3rd for O'Reilly and O'Brien is a good deal for the Sens. A very good deal.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
In that case, you're going after the wrong center. Maybe something around John Mitchell?

Old
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
Why are "we" not doing this?
while i think it will take more than what the poster said

i cant see us dealing Wier and Zibby for ROR.

Nor can i see any team giving up a potential top 6 forward and potential top 4 d for ROR

OBrein means nothing to me :s

Closed Thread