HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 06:04 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
For me, there are four deals that make sense for both teams that involve ROR. I'm mainly talking centerpieces here, as one side in each trade would likely have to add.

Ryan O'Reilly to NYR for Michael Del Zotto

Avs get a PP quarterback, NYR get a No.2 C that would look awesome with Callahan

Ryan O'Reilly to PHX for Keith Yandle

Coyotes get a No.1 C for their club. and Avalanche get a No.1 D who is also a fantastic powerplay QB

Ryan O'Reilly to TOR for Jake Gardiner

I don't know what went on when it came to this deal in the last couple of pages, but Leafs may be able to trade Gardiner with Rielly in the fold, Avs get a young D and Leafs get a good young C.

Ryan O'Reilly to ANA for Cam Fowler

Ducks get a No.2 C and Avs get a young D.
First of all Yandle isn't a #1 d-man, you just can't be one when you don't play on the PK and when you face the worst competition out of all d-men on the team save from Rundblad. He's a sheltered highly skilled offensive defenseman with some obvious holes to his game.

Next, Jake Gardiner's (I'm a big fan of his) value isn't close to the value of other players named in your post.

I'm not a fan of MDZ and I don't want him coming back in a deal for Radar, plus I don't see Sather going after a RFA holdout.

And last but not least, Ducks can't afford to move Fowler, because that would leave them with a glaring hole on their defense.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Quote:
For me, there are four deals that make sense for both teams that involve ROR. I'm mainly talking centerpieces here, as one side in each trade would likely have to add.

Avs get a PP quarterback, NYR get a No.2 C that would look awesome with Callahan

Coyotes get a No.1 C for their club. and Avalanche get a No.1 D who is also a fantastic powerplay QB

I don't know what went on when it came to this deal in the last couple of pages, but Leafs may be able to trade Gardiner with Rielly in the fold, Avs get a young D and Leafs get a good young C.

Yep well said. This is what Avalanche needs.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:33 AM
cwgatti

The NYR deal of MDZ for ROR would be bad for the NYR. The NYR need a a defensman as it is. MDZ for ROR just opens another hole.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgatti View Post
The NYR deal of MDZ for ROR would be bad for the NYR. The NYR need a a defensman as it is. MDZ for ROR just opens another hole.
you will get one ****** defenseman back from avalanche.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:38 AM
GoBs

Quote:

What would you want from the Bruins?(Hamilton off limits)

Old
02-17-2013, 08:28 AM
islandermaniac

if i'm colorado i keep o'reilly rather than deal him for del zotto. i like o'reilly's ability to play against the best players on the ice and shut them down. the same cannot be said for del zotto. last year's player usage charts show that he was sheltered sooooo much more than o'reilly was (i can see why pk subban was so angry that the habs were only offering him del zotto money! subban played tougher minutes and out performed him at the same time). anyway, i take a player like o'reilly over a player like del zotto. i guess it's the old saying, you can win games with players like del zotto but win championships with players like o'reilly. just one poster's preference...

Old
02-17-2013, 09:02 AM
viach

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
if i'm colorado i keep o'reilly rather than deal him for del zotto.
Totally agree !!!

Old
02-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
What would you want from the Bruins?(Hamilton off limits)
ROR Off limits

Old
02-17-2013, 09:27 AM
GaryU

Quite the situation...Avs don't want to pay him what he thinks he's worth, but want a trade return as though he's getting $5m...

Old
02-17-2013, 09:29 AM
cgf
Fire [new coach]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
Quite the situation...Avs don't want to pay him what he thinks he's worth, but want a trade return as though he's getting $5m...
No, that's not correct.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
No, that's not correct.
OK....and your return from Chicago would be????

Old
02-17-2013, 09:41 AM
cgf
Fire [new coach]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
OK....and your return from Chicago would be????
Nothing reasonable, any package the Blackhawks would want to put together falls short of what other teams will offer. But I was saying you're misunderstanding why there's a hold out. The team values him a lot, but things have gotten heated over the way these negotiations have gone, and with all of the other young core players that'll need long term deals soon, the Avs are trying to establish a precedent that they won't put up with the kids ****ing around when that time comes.

And Ryan's cool with sitting because some of things said during the negotiations have hurt his pride, and he's worried that if he signed back on for a bridge deal he might get relegated to a third line/shutdown role, like he played his first two years, thus preventing him from putting up the numbers he's capable of and not getting as big of a next contract as he could earn. So he's trying to force the team to give him that big contract now, or to trade him someplace where he'll be able to put up the numbers to earn that big deal.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Long Sky

Value of Ryan o Riley

I was wondering why ROR has so much trade value? He was the71st scorer in the league. So of the packages that have been proposed for him are really an over payment. On top of that he wants around 4 million per year. Can someone explain if he's worth that much or what his true trade value should be. As a Habs fan here's a side note, Deharnais had more points, just a thought. Comments

Old
02-17-2013, 10:14 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
ROR Off limits
ROR wants a big contract or he wants out. Not the same situation has Hamilton.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Imagine if your top scorer last season was a rfa and held out for more money, what would YOU ask for in return to trade them?

Old
02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
DougGilmour93

Bozak (top 6 forward)
Biggs (B level prospect)
Percy (B level Prospect)

for

O'Reilly

Old
02-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Lonewolfe2015

If Bozak is a top 6 forward I've got a John Mitchell to sell you.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Imagine if your top scorer last season was a rfa and held out for more money, what would YOU ask for in return to trade them?
Oh please, all these other fans would be incredibly reasonable and fair about it, and probably accept a package of some impending UFA and a B prospect. If we are genorous, we might give them a 2nd as well, which they would happily and graciously take.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:49 AM
GoBs

Quote:
I wouldn't expect the same value as if he would've signed or still was signed to a reasonable contract.

Avs are at a disadvantage at this point. ROR is screwing them over.

Think about it like this. ROR wants 5 million, and will probably get 5 million. So why would another team offer a high return only to have to pay him 5mill(which he isn't worth).
Offer-Sheating him is the best bet at 5 mill, Avs won't match and you get ROR for a 1st and a 3rd.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak (top 6 forward)
Biggs (B level prospect)
Percy (B level Prospect)

for

O'Reilly
Your avatar suits this post very, very well.

And to the Habs fan who recently posted about ROR being 71st in points and having less points then Desharnais. You say 71st in points as though that's a bad thing, that's a Top line forward stats. ROR led the Avs in points, played every teams very best lines every night, and was one of the best Defensive forwards to play the game last year. ROR is so much more then his points(Desharnais is not) and even considering just points he was a Top 20 C last year in production...

So no, offers here are not overrating him, in fact most are underrating(See my quote in this post).

Old
02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Anth93

Quote:
If Bozak is a top 6 forward I've got a John Mitchell to sell you.
With all due respect, Tyler Bozak puts John Mitchell to shame as a hockey player.

Nice try though

Old
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Nothing reasonable, any package the Blackhawks would want to put together falls short of what other teams will offer. But I was saying you're misunderstanding why there's a hold out. The team values him a lot, but things have gotten heated over the way these negotiations have gone, and with all of the other young core players that'll need long term deals soon, the Avs are trying to establish a precedent that they won't put up with the kids ****ing around when that time comes.

And Ryan's cool with sitting because some of things said during the negotiations have hurt his pride, and he's worried that if he signed back on for a bridge deal he might get relegated to a third line/shutdown role, like he played his first two years, thus preventing him from putting up the numbers he's capable of and not getting as big of a next contract as he could earn. So he's trying to force the team to give him that big contract now, or to trade him someplace where he'll be able to put up the numbers to earn that big deal.
Hawks can put together a package to equal any team,but probably wont.And he was talking about the fact that Col is telling ROR he isnt worth $4.5-$5m but telling the rest of the league that his trade value is that and more.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
With all due respect, Tyler Bozak puts John Mitchell to shame as a hockey player.

Nice try though
Mitchell has as many points as Bozak playing from the third line in Colorado. I'd love to hear your argument where the guy that plays on the worse team and with worse linemates but putting up similar stats is not in his league.

Bozak is a third line center making the best of a favorable situation, John Mitchell is a third line center making the best of a favorable situation. The only difference is I have no illusions of Mitchell's grandeur whereas Leafs fans continually peddle Bozak as better than he is.

Because I realize this won't be noticed, this is the same argument used against Avs fans when it pertains to Stastny. I don't think Mitchell is even that great of a third line center, but Bozak is far from being a first or second like center.

Last edited by Lonewolfe2015: 02-17-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:
I wouldn't expect the same value as if he would've signed or still was signed to a reasonable contract.

Think about it like this. ROR wants 5 million, and will probably get 5 million. So why would another team offer a high return only to have to pay him 5mill(which he isn't worth).
Offer-Sheating him is the best bet at 5 mill, Avs won't match and you get ROR for a 1st and a 3rd.
Radar won't sign an OS and if by chance he does Avs will match it and after that they'll act like their hands were forced into doing this.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:

Because we probably would match. It's not about the money, it's about the principle with the Avs. If we pay him what he demands we look weak from a negotiations standpoint in the future, a GM that has thus far gotten great contracts out of every RFA he's ever negotiated with.

Besides, there's no indications O'Reilly wants to sign an offersheet or leave the team. He wants to get his cake and eat it too, get paid and stay here.

Closed Thread