HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jacob Josefson - sent to Albany!

View Poll Results: Should Josefson go to the AHL to regain confidence?
Send Josefson down, Tedenby misses him 50 58.82%
Are you crazy? Keep Josefson with the big club! 23 27.06%
WTF is this? I don't even... 12 14.12%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Robert Theodorson

vCash: 500
Hope the best for him, he has no offense but is a good defensive forward.

People thought Henrique would be a career 3rd line center before he decided to own everyone.

I hope Josefson is back sooner than later, hopefully after some time with a coach/coaches that will work on his shot.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Thing with Josefson is that the team is counting on him to take the next step this season and he really hasn't done anything at all. He can play pretty good defense but through 15 games thus far, he has been a disappointment overall. I won't judge him on the - 8 because I don't remember the circumstances in regards to that number, but it sure doesn't look good.

CBGB needs to be broken up. I like what that line brings (extremely hard-working line), and they have an obvious chemistry, but there are two major issues with them. One, they tend to get hemmed in their own zone far too often. Doesn't happen all the time, but way too much offensive pressure has been established against them by a few different teams. Second, I think Bernier can do more with some better players on his line. I have no issue with Gio and Carter, I actually appreciate their games a ton, but I think the team can get more from Bernier. He's very strong on the puck and has some pretty decent hands. CBGB is a great 4th line, but just a little weak as a 3rd imho. Break em up and see what other bottom 6 arrangements may work. With Zubrus being out for several weeks, NJ is going to need a lot more from the bottom lines.
I think the team can improve significantly from Gionta, who was nothing more than a bottom of the barrel lightning in a bottle type in the playoffs. Otherwise, he's been pretty terrible lately and doesn't add much. Both Carter and Bernier can stay, but I'm not sure either are capable of playing on a 3rd line on a consistent basis.

As it is, most of these guys are playing way too many minutes.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
The Green Unit

I stopped watching the game after the 2nd period but Bernier was playing like a man possessed for the first 40 minutes. The 1st line didn't look great but still ok and Clarkson stickhandling skills seemed to improve again, that's amazing.

Slow, weak, Henrique didn't look well. Hopefully he's fine.

The Green Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:36 PM
SteveCangialosi123

If lotki gets used the way yayo was, I don't see how he'll do any better. People really expected him to produce playing 8 mins a night with Barch and half of the mins were on the pk? Cmon now. I don't think yayo has been good either, but lets be real, what's he supposed to do?

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:47 PM
RNCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
If lotki gets used the way yayo was, I don't see how he'll do any better. People really expected him to produce playing 8 mins a night with Barch and half of the mins were on the pk? Cmon now. I don't think yayo has been good either, but lets be real, what's he supposed to do?
Just from an eyeball test, Butler was looking more dangerous that Jake in similar time. I think this will ultimately be good for Jake. He looked very good early in the season. I trust he'll find his game. He's just too smart to let this derail everything. Heck, it's not a fractured....something...that's a bonus.

RNCDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:49 PM
njdevilsftw

People keep saying that josefson gets 8 minutes a game and how Is he suppose to produce. Then explain how butler plays pretty much the same minutes and is able to cause a ruckus and attempts to make things happen and he plays with barch as well. I should say when they both are on the ice butler is always more noticeable offensively and defensively

njdevilsftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNCDevil View Post
Just from an eyeball test, Butler was looking more dangerous that Jake in similar time. I think this will ultimately be good for Jake. He looked very good early in the season. I trust he'll find his game. He's just too smart to let this derail everything. Heck, it's not a fractured....something...that's a bonus.
It's only his pride injured this time.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:54 PM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

He was fine in the playoffs last year.

He's been unspectacular this year but has played fine on the PK and as far as centering Barch and the flavor of the week, he's been serviceable as well.

He'll stay an NHL player, though possibly a low-scoring one.

Tearing up the AHL for a few games will do him well. Don't look too far into this you guys.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:02 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

I will disagree he has played fine on the PK, especially lately.

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:12 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Yayo hasn't been bad. He just seems to have lost a bit of confidence.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:13 PM
KidRobot

Send a message via AIM to KidRobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNCDevil View Post
Butler has had a few opportunities on the 2nd PP unit and while he does have a nice wrister, he doesn't look all that great without the puck.

KidRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:16 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsftw View Post
People keep saying that josefson gets 8 minutes a game and how Is he suppose to produce. Then explain how butler plays pretty much the same minutes and is able to cause a ruckus and attempts to make things happen and he plays with barch as well. I should say when they both are on the ice butler is always more noticeable offensively and defensively
I'll try. Butler is a shoot first player and plays pp. Josefson is reliant on his linemates much more than Butler. Josefson hasn't been good, but when a pass first player has a turd on his wing at all times it can drag you down. Yayo hasn't been good, but his ability to make an impact is very reliant on his linemates ability to finish. Also how has Butler been better than Yayo defensively? Cmon now...

Old
02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
StvBroDan
OH I'll Be Back

Come back pissed and kicking ass Yayo.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:32 PM
The Green Unit

Quote:
I'll try. Butler is a shoot first player and plays pp. Josefson is reliant on his linemates much more than Butler. Josefson hasn't been good, but when a pass first player has a turd on his wing at all times it can drag you down. Yayo hasn't been good, but his ability to make an impact is very reliant on his linemates ability to finish. Also how has Butler been better than Yayo defensively? Cmon now...
To me, that's just proving how much Josefson is struggling offensively. Kid is supposed to be the player that makes his teammates better here, not the other way around. Looks like he gave up on the offensive side of the game.

And of course he's a minus player ! Any line he centers just never score at even strength but no way he's a defensive liability. Josefson's not going to be sniper but a playmaker, he should be. It's time for him to grow a pair when he's got the puck on his stick. Stop playing so conservative and be a difference maker kid.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:41 PM
apice3*

I can't stress enough how much better this team will be when CBGB becomes a 4th line. They're a good defensive 3rd line right now. Don't really get scored on, but at the same time, they're not going to score many themselves. As a 4th line, totally different.

I still think we need just one more forward to do this.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I don't think he has anything to learn from the AHL, but obviously Lou knows better than me.
I don't think that is the reason he is in Albany at all. If we had the roster space I'd wager they would just scratch him. Still he might benefit confidence wise down there, get him fired up when he returns.

I am curious to see what Loki can bring to the table though. Maybe he will stick.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
To me, that's just proving how much Josefson is struggling offensively. Kid is supposed to be the player that makes his teammates better here, not the other way around. Looks like he gave up on the offensive side of the game.

And of course he's a minus player ! Any line he centers just never score at even strength but no way he's a defensive liability. Josefson's not going to be sniper but a playmaker, he should be. It's time for him to grow a pair when he's got the puck on his stick. Stop playing so conservative and be a difference maker kid.
I really don't get the hate for Josefson. I don't like to blame it all on his linemates, but I think some of the blame has to be placed there.

When it comes down to it, it was a lack of confidence with his offensive game. In the beginning of the season, he played some outstanding games and he was carrying the puck up and down the ice. It just seems like once he hits the offensive zone, he's lost.

I think more realistic expectations for Josefson are a 10g 25a 3rd line center who is solid defensively. Think almost a Gomez lite, he'll carry the puck up the ice and he will be a good playmaker but his finishing skills will also be lacking.

I still want to see him when Zubrus is healthy, meaning that either Zubrus or Ponikarovski is on his wing instead of Barch, and Bernier is on the other wing. He will have two players that can compliment his style of play.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I don't think that is the reason he is in Albany at all. If we had the roster space I'd wager they would just scratch him. Still he might benefit confidence wise down there, get him fired up when he returns.

I am curious to see what Loki can bring to the table though. Maybe he will stick.
That might be true. Which means to get that roster flexibility one of the defencemen needs to be traded.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I can't stress enough how much better this team will be when CBGB becomes a 4th line. They're a good defensive 3rd line right now. Don't really get scored on, but at the same time, they're not going to score many themselves. As a 4th line, totally different.

I still think we need just one more forward to do this.
I'm not sure I agree with them being a "good" defensive line. They are aggressive and forecheck well but they are getting outshot by a pretty significant margin when they are on the ice, which is surprising, considering the fact they do tend to be able to sustain a decent puck possession game in the offensive zone, especially with Bernier. They are quite simply a 4th line and need to play less minutes and be used strategically and hopefully this will improve.

Getting Gionta out of the lineup would be a bonus as well.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
I'm not sure I agree with them being a "good" defensive line. They are aggressive and forecheck well but they are getting outshot by a pretty significant margin when they are on the ice, which is surprising, considering the fact they do tend to be able to sustain a decent puck possession game in the offensive zone, especially with Bernier. They are quite simply a 4th line and need to play less minutes and be used strategically and hopefully this will improve.

Getting Gionta out of the lineup would be a bonus as well.
What?

Old
02-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Quote:
What?
He doesn't belong in an NHL lineup.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

I still don't get why people are celebrating what's supposed to be one of our better young players getting sent down. Most teams don't celebrate the failure of their players.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:52 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Please tell me this isn't commonly believed on this forum...

He's a very good 4th liner. He's been fine are you kidding me? He's nearly outproduced Zajac for Christ's sake and he's a hell of a pk'er. He makes peanuts too. Now he shouldn't be on a 3rd line, but he's a perfect 4th liner. I'm pretty pissed that people believe this...

Old
02-17-2013, 04:53 PM
JK3
BOTTOM 12

Quote:

JK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:55 PM
The Green Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I really don't get the hate for Josefson. I don't like to blame it all on his linemates, but I think some of the blame has to be placed there.

When it comes down to it, it was a lack of confidence with his offensive game. In the beginning of the season, he played some outstanding games and he was carrying the puck up and down the ice. It just seems like once he hits the offensive zone, he's lost.

I think more realistic expectations for Josefson are a 10g 25a 3rd line center who is solid defensively. Think almost a Gomez lite, he'll carry the puck up the ice and he will be a good playmaker but his finishing skills will also be lacking.

I still want to see him when Zubrus is healthy, meaning that either Zubrus or Ponikarovski is on his wing instead of Barch, and Bernier is on the other wing. He will have two players that can compliment his style of play.
No hate towards Josefson, he's a kind of player I love to watch and I really want him to turn the corner. But I try to remain unbiased with our players because I don't want to be disappointed. With or without Barch, Josefson lacks the killer instinct big time in the offensive zone IMO.