HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Daniel Tkaczuk released?

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 01:13 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Daniel Tkaczuk released?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...13&hubName=nhl

Hmm you know Sather for his reclamation projects, I would be surprised if Sather took a chance on this kid. He did with Fata, and heck he did with Tibbetts. What you guys think?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=22979

He never really got a real NHL chance, I think Sather should take a chance.

Old
09-22-2003, 01:28 PM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
*Rico Fata*

Old
09-22-2003, 01:51 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Tkaczuk sucks ass and has no business in the NHL. Ever.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Olorin

Is Coates still affiliated with the Wolfpack? I believe he was the one who convinced Sather to pick up Fata as Coates was with the Flames when they drafted him. If Coates (assuming he is still with the Wolfpack or serves another capacity in the Rangers' organization) puts in a word for Tkaczuk I wouldn't be suprised if Sather picks him up as well. Personally, I wouldn't mind picking up Tkaczuk.

Old
09-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan13
Is Coates still affiliated with the Wolfpack? I believe he was the one who convinced Sather to pick up Fata as Coates was with the Flames when they drafted him. If Coates (assuming he is still with the Wolfpack or serves another capacity in the Rangers' organization) puts in a word for Tkaczuk I wouldn't be suprised if Sather picks him up as well. Personally, I wouldn't mind picking up Tkaczuk.
Why? At least Fata has skills. I've never seen any flashes of even mediocrity in Tkaczuk. I don't understand why he was picked even on the first day of the draft... Oi.

Old
09-22-2003, 03:13 PM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Why? At least Fata has skills. I've never seen any flashes of even mediocrity in Tkaczuk. I don't understand why he was picked even on the first day of the draft... Oi.
And this coming from a Rangers fan. Tell me, other than Dan Blackburn, who have the Rangers drafted recently that has played a significant role on the team? Oh yeah, that's right....NO ONE!!! So, before you go throwing stones at other players, just remember who's team sucks ass right now and needs as much help as they can get.

Old
09-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
There's always a chance (although a slim one) that Tkaczuk may develop into a serviceable NHLer as Fata did. It's not like we're stacked with young players at the AHL level anyway.

I didn't really follow the draft in '97 so I don't know if the Tkaczuk pick was thought to be questionable at that time. Of course, in retrospect there are a lot of players that should have been taken ahead of him. He posted good numbers in juniors and had good numbers in his first AHL season so he has some talent. I think he's worth taking a chance on.

Old
09-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Theres probably a good reason why the Blues just out right released him. If u want to sign him, whatever then but I wouldn't expect much.

Old
09-22-2003, 04:02 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
And this coming from a Rangers fan. Tell me, other than Dan Blackburn, who have the Rangers drafted recently that has played a significant role on the team? Oh yeah, that's right....NO ONE!!! So, before you go throwing stones at other players, just remember who's team sucks ass right now and needs as much help as they can get.
unless you have problems reading, which I wouldn't doubt, you would see that Tkachuk is currently <i>teamless</i>

oh and the fact we have a nice amount of impact potential prospects in our system right now pretty much makes you look stupid

what's with the aggression though? it sounds like you're bitter over something, not winning the cup in almost 30 years perhaps is the reason why

Old
09-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10

On the team or in the NHL. The rangers havent had a tremendous amount of problems drafting so much as developing or hanging on. Which is a totally different area.

As for Tkaczuk, it's really a shame. The kid had size, scoring,leadership and after his first year in the AHL i thought he might make a good second line player, but it all just kinda went downhill from there. One of those weird things where a career just falls like that.

I always liked him, thought he was a character kid and i wish him luck. I wouldn't be totally opposed to giving the kid a look, but people expecting Rico Fata part two are going to be disappointed. Fata showed a lot more in the minors whereas Tkaczuk needs to learn to play all over again. At 24 time is running out, we got Fata at the age of what? 21.

I still think Fata is going to make a solid NHL'er in Pitts. Not a star but a solid contributer. Just wish the rangers gave him more of a chance.

Closed Thread