HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Russell Oliver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I wasn't impressed with any of the Sens young players last night. Their team is full of big, hard working players that are running at 100% effort because they're trying to win a spot on an NHL roster. The team is currently void of any high end skill, but MacLean is coaching them to play a suffocating system because they can't win any other way. The Leafs lost because they couldn't win battles in the offensive zone, not because Ottawa's young players are so much better.
Big and hard working usually means victory, so we were out worked and out coached.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Russell Oliver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
Can anyone give an update on Josh Nicholls, just looked his stats up, his Saskatoon Blades are currently riding a 15 game winning streak and they host the Memorial Cup this year. He's got 40 goals 31 assists 71 points in 61 games.

He is 20 so looks like he's headed for the Marlies next year. Noticed he's listed 6'2 196 pounds
He's a UFA, we don't have his rights any more.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Big and hard working usually means victory, so we were out worked and out coached.
So if you had to choose, you would take the Sens roster from last night over the Leafs roster?

Old
02-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Thats correct Zibanejad will have a much better nhl career than Kadri, he's 19 and Kadri even after almost three years in the minors is 22, he had more turn overs last night alone than the whole Ottawa team. He was a turnover machine last night.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012020256

According to NHL.com Kadri had 0 turn overs and 1 takeaway (same for Zibanejab).

Old
02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012020256

According to NHL.com Kadri had 0 turn overs and 1 takeaway (same for Zibanejab).
great post

Old
02-24-2013, 05:38 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Giveaway stats are as useless as +/- without any further analyze. Some places call a giveaway/takeaway for something another place dont call. I have watched games when I have seen Kessel 2 or 3 times skate in to the offensive zone, stop and make a pass along the blue line to no one but the other team who counter attack. Then when I check the official states, he have 0 giveaways.

The same reason I am not super interested in RoR who had over 100 takeaways last season seeing as right now they have 3 players in the top 30 for takeaways so clearly the rumor about the one keeping track of this in Colorado is a bit trigger happy seem to be true.

It is the same with hits btw.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Biggs with a goal after the first period has the generals out in front 1-0. He's looking good tonight

Old
02-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Brody
nah.

vCash: 24591
Gardiner had a goal and two assists today.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Biggs # 24 tonight seems to be a shoe for 30 goals...even missing time for Jr's

Thats a long way from the 10 goals one of the scouting programs predicted for his OHL year

Old
02-24-2013, 07:32 PM
VanW27

A rare opportunity to watch Tony Cameranesi right now on The Score

Edit: I think its a repeat of a game from Friday

Last edited by VanW27: 02-24-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 07:47 PM
VanW27

Watch Cameranesi Now

He's on The Score right now.

Thought I would post this here since its so rare to get a chance to watch this guy play.

He's number 13 for UMD. The game is from Friday

Last edited by VanW27: 02-24-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Dominic Toninato is 9th in USHL scoring with 20 goals and 51 points in 49 games this season.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:50 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Thats correct Zibanejad will have a much better nhl career than Kadri, he's 19 and Kadri even after almost three years in the minors is 22, he had more turn overs last night alone than the whole Ottawa team. He was a turnover machine last night.
U love to make up fake facts.
Kadri has a much better skill level than mika,
Ur just a leaf hater

Old
02-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Even after three years in the minors, Kadri still has more skill in his one finger than Zibinejad has in his entire body.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Sergei Berezin

Thanks for posting.

Missed the game. How was he?

Old
02-25-2013, 03:05 AM
Dagh

Does anyone know what happened to Sondre Olden?
Did he give up? Was he given up on?

Old
02-25-2013, 05:40 AM
cps230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagh View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Sondre Olden?
Did he give up? Was he given up on?
Ya we didnt sign him so he is eligible to enter the draft again (i think?) or sign with another team. I remember when we didnt sign him there was an article that one of the leafs mgmt said even though they didnt sign him they were still keeping a close eye on him to see how he progresses and could still be signed.. that was a year ago so im not sure we will see him in our system.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:43 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps230 View Post
Ya we didnt sign him so he is eligible to enter the draft again (i think?) or sign with another team. I remember when we didnt sign him there was an article that one of the leafs mgmt said even though they didnt sign him they were still keeping a close eye on him to see how he progresses and could still be signed.. that was a year ago so im not sure we will see him in our system.
He went back to Oslo, Norway. One of those boom and bust players, to early to tell what he is. Only 20 and it might take 2-3 before he have filled out and becomes a productive pro.
I hope a SEL team will take a chance on him.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=27945

Old
02-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Pretty sure he will make the Marlies next year, it's going to be interesting who makes a bigger impact for them, Biggs or Leivo. I would put these 2 on the same line, Leivo can play left wing, I am convinced he is still growing. He may be closer to 6'3 when his growth is complete. If I were a Center, I would absolutely love to play between these 2 kids.
Should be interesting to see how the Marlies shape up next year.
Biggs, Percy, Leivo, Broll and MacWilliam should make it, and players such as McKegg, Ross, Devane, should also be given expanded roll. I really like Scott Sabourin of the Generals, undrafted could be signed as a Free Agent, just not sure if there is a spot for him on the Marlies. Team should be younger and tougher, next year.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:01 AM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Should be interesting to see how the Marlies shape up next year.
Biggs, Percy, Leivo, Broll and MacWilliam should make it, and players such as McKegg, Ross, Devane, should also be given expanded roll. I really like Scott Sabourin of the Generals, undrafted could be signed as a Free Agent, just not sure if there is a spot for him on the Marlies. Team should be younger and tougher, next year.
I think, because of the infusion of youth, that they may struggle in the standings some, but the development of the young guys is what's important, and with Eakins at the helm, you have to feel good about that situation.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
leafers

Quote:

No birdie, big and hard working usually means 4th liner.
Skill and hard work is usually victory.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:06 AM
SteveV*

I would argue Leivo has surpassed Biggs at this moment in time.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Dark Passenger

Didnt watch the whole game yesterday, but Colborne looked much better for the Marlies than he did earlier in the season. Skating and mobility seemed much better. Gardiner looked to be over doing it a bit, consistently jumping into the rush, but might be trying too hard to impress. D'Amigo scored a highlight goal, hoping it helps his confidence.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:11 AM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Didnt watch the whole game yesterday, but Colborne looked much better for the Marlies than he did earlier in the season. Skating and mobility seemed much better. Gardiner looked to be over doing it a bit, consistently jumping into the rush, but might be trying too hard to impress. D'Amigo scored a highlight goal, hoping it helps his confidence.
I mentioned in the Marlies thread that I thought Joe looked better with added responsibility, and it seems like when all of the guys were called up to the big club, he has really stepped up, and started producing like he should. He may just be one of those guys that needs that urgency and responsibility on his shoulders.

I'm a long way from declaring him a bust, as most reasonable people should be. He's incredibly smart on the ice, and anticipates well. His vision and IQ combo make him a lethal weapon with the right linemates. He's got trees for legs, and needs to continue to work with Underhill on his stride and explosiveness, and when he improves those, he'll be an NHL regular, I think. Great size, IQ up there with the best of them, great hands, and a good kid. Great combination.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
I mentioned in the Marlies thread that I thought Joe looked better with added responsibility, and it seems like when all of the guys were called up to the big club, he has really stepped up, and started producing like he should. He may just be one of those guys that needs that urgency and responsibility on his shoulders.

I'm a long way from declaring him a bust, as most reasonable people should be. He's incredibly smart on the ice, and anticipates well. His vision and IQ combo make him a lethal weapon with the right linemates. He's got trees for legs, and needs to continue to work with Underhill on his stride and explosiveness, and when he improves those, he'll be an NHL regular, I think. Great size, IQ up there with the best of them, great hands, and a good kid. Great combination.
Completely agree with you. In fact, I think he doesnt make NHL as an "OK" player, he either makes it as a really good player or not at all. He looks much quicker on his skates this year, but still has to improve his strength. ONce he does that, I'm sure you will see a much more confident player. To me, he is one of those players you have to be patient with, as there could be very high rewards. Bob McGill consistenly compares him to Adam Creighton, former Chicago Blackhawk player.

Closed Thread