HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 06:19 PM
KlattNazty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
Some big and skilled wingers who definetly like to fight, lets hope they focus on proper ice time for young players and less veterans taking key ice time. I think Hamilton and Zigo should stay becuase they have been great off the ice leaders, but some of the D should be clearing out.
I agree. Those two are the most important to stay IMO, but they need to focus on development. They have done a good job, so i trust them.

Leivo, Broll, Devane, Crescenzi, Ross, Percy, Granberg, McWilliam, Biggs is alot to add. There is no way they will be able to get all of them consistent ice time, so I wouldnt be shocked to see a couple moved. If not, then I think perhaps we see alot of shuffling.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Well then I'll take the Sens, they have 3 goaltenders better than any one we have. In the end Goaltending is paramount to value and winning.
Who's "WE" Kimosabi? You can't shht on the team and support the likes of another franchise (esp. a hated rival) then pledge allegiance to the previously mentioned team. That is sometime-ish. You Troll, may not have any backbone.
P.s It's a contract year for Anderson, go back and see his history during contract years.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:25 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
I agree. Those two are the most important to stay IMO, but they need to focus on development. They have done a good job, so i trust them.

Leivo, Broll, Devane, Crescenzi, Ross, Percy, Granberg, McWilliam, Biggs is alot to add. There is no way they will be able to get all of them consistent ice time, so I wouldnt be shocked to see a couple moved. If not, then I think perhaps we see alot of shuffling.
Normally i want vets for protection, but most of these guys handle there own business

Old
02-26-2013, 02:32 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
Normally i want vets for protection, but most of these guys handle there own business
Yeah I mentioned that on last page, its going to be a very stick up for your brother environment.

I even left Carrick off that list, and I guarantee he gets his shot.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:35 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Yeah I mentioned that on last page, its going to be a very stick up for your brother environment.

For sure, ive always seen the mcclement comparisons for him, stan butler product, 2 way centre. If developed correctly thats what i see his ceiling as. I wonder when they offer knodel a contract, i have a feeling leafs brass will want him playing pro sooner than later.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:30 PM
WTFMAN99

Freebird, hows about that Kadri? Kthx for coming out.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Freebird, hows about that Kadri? Kthx for coming out.
Don't forget the others who were halfway off the bridge because Burke picked up Gerber and we got stuck with Kadri over B.Schenn.... bahahaha people whined about that for years....

Old
03-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Dark Passenger

I honestly think a number of fans and media jumped on the bandwagon with Rotten Ronnie with the over-the-top criticism of Kadri. I've been going to the prospect tournaments on and off for years now, and I've never seen a kid come in and dominate the way Kadri did in Kitchener a few years back. He just looked a special player. Followed him closely since, and even though he needed to improve on his weaknesses, I just didnt see they were as bad as folk were making out. Always convinved this kid would be a top line player for us, nothing I have seen since he was drafted has changed my mind.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:14 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

sounds like Finn is back in the lineup tonight for the Storm

Old
03-01-2013, 01:10 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
sounds like Finn is back in the lineup tonight for the Storm
Good thing, that mono excuse was getting old

Old
03-01-2013, 01:44 PM
johnnyutah

I think the leafs should tell moose jaw that they will bring morgan rielly up to the nhl next season so that they trade him to a contender and get something for him while they can. It would be a shame for Rielly to have to miss out on post season play.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:46 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
I think the leafs should tell moose jaw that they will bring morgan rielly up to the nhl next season so that they trade him to a contender and get something for him while they can. It would be a shame for Rielly to have to miss out on post season play.
The trade deadline has already passed in the WHL. He can't be traded anymore.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:55 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmythesMinions View Post
Who's "WE" Kimosabi? You can't shht on the team and support the likes of another franchise (esp. a hated rival) then pledge allegiance to the previously mentioned team. That is sometime-ish. You Troll, may not have any backbone.
P.s It's a contract year for Anderson, go back and see his history during contract years.
Judge him on what he's done for the Sens, it was money well spent, without him they don't make the playoffs last year and are headed back this year. With half their roster out of the lineup. Just two home playoff games has paid his salary in Full.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:57 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Ask Emelin how frail Kadri is
Emelin the Leaf killer.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:59 PM
bigdirty

Quote:

Always liked Carrick, guy never quits. Also a former captain in Brampton.

Come to think of it, we have quite a few prospects who were/are team captains.
Connor Brown, Matt Finn, Stuart Percy, Andrew MacWilliam, and the often forgotten Dennis Robertson all wearing the 'C' this year, and I could be missing someone. It's nice to know that leadership is one thing our prospect pool is not short on.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:01 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
Whats up with Brad Ross this year?

He was great for Portland last season. Had a solid playoffs. Thought he could be a contributor for the Marlies- though I knew with the NHL lockout, he wasn't really going to have a chance.

Is he in the ECHL now? Looks like a bit of a lost year for him. Hopefully he can regroup and makes an impact in the A next season.
He was cursed when the Leafs made him a 2nd rd pick, it's devine intervention. Saying that I believe he's injured.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:02 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
He was cursed when the Leafs made him a 2nd rd pick, it's devine intervention. Saying that I believe he's injured.
Leafs are winning, Marlies are winning..... How long until you disappear?

Old
03-01-2013, 02:07 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
The better swede isn't even Ziba, it's Silfverburg for the sens. Ziba is physically god gifted and has a good awareness of ice but that's about it. Anyways let's drop sens talk.
That's what I've said before the Swedes have been producing some of the best players for the last few years, I've also suggested they turn over the entire draft to Bergman at least the from the 2nd rd on. The last time the Leafs took a Swede in the 1st rd he turned into a top six forward in St.Louis.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:12 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
Don't forget the others who were halfway off the bridge because Burke picked up Gerber and we got stuck with Kadri over B.Schenn.... bahahaha people whined about that for years....
I think it was Tavaras they were crying for.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Leafs are winning, Marlies are winning..... How long until you disappear?
And the Spits are loosing after Rychel pulled a Burkie and overrated him team and traded away young players and draft picks to get the Memorial Cup.

The real season starts in January thats when the tempo steps up in the battle for the playoffs, this year it's March and April because of the lockout. When the cream rises to the top escecially after the deadline, and that's when in the past the Leafs have evaporated as the tempo of the games increases rapidly.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:24 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
And the Spits are loosing after Rychel pulled a Burkie and overrated him team and traded away young players and draft picks to get the Memorial Cup.

The real season starts in January thats when the tempo steps up in the battle for the playoffs, this year it's March and April because of the lockout. When the cream rises to the top escecially after the deadline, and that's when in the past the Leafs have evaporated as the tempo of the games increases rapidly.
And I go to games twice a week in Windsor, to cheer for my team, whether or not they're winning. What do the Spitfires have to do with ANYTHING Leaf related?

Oh, and It looks like despite all the bad news around here, we still have a great chance to host.

Either way, you typed a whole bunch, but little to no substance to be found. Par for the course, really.

How's Naz doin? Probably a lot better than that twig of a kid you said would amount to nothing, eh?

Last edited by ErnieLeafs: 03-01-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

matt finn ‏@brotherfinner
First game back in the lineup tonight #clickclick

Can't wait to watch him again. It has been way too long.

Old
03-01-2013, 04:51 PM
81snipe

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
matt finn ‏@brotherfinner
First game back in the lineup tonight #clickclick

Can't wait to watch him again. It has been way too long.
Nice! Great too see him back, he's been awesome when healthy this year.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81snipe View Post
Nice! Great too see him back, he's been awesome when healthy this year.
Looking pretty good so far. Made a few good defensive plays.

Broll hasn't looked that bad either.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
81snipe

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Looking pretty good so far. Made a few good defensive plays.

Broll hasn't looked that bad either.
Thanks for the update man! Always good to hear our prospects doing well!

Closed Thread