HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - Phoenix

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2013, 10:31 AM
  #26
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
No team does this. Vancouver's already trying to get rid of 1 of their #1 goalies. Why would they trade for another?
I love how goalie who play in defensive first systems are being compared to goalies who play in high risk systems.

Schneider>>>Smith now and in the future. Anyone wonder why Bryz looks a lot worse in Philly? Why Smith didn't look good in Dallas and Tampa??? Come on.... inflated numbers.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:34 AM
  #27
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,213
vCash: 500
Does Phoenix even do that deal for just Vrbata?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:07 PM
  #28
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I love how goalie who play in defensive first systems are being compared to goalies who play in high risk systems.

Schneider>>>Smith now and in the future. Anyone wonder why Bryz looks a lot worse in Philly? Why Smith didn't look good in Dallas and Tampa??? Come on.... inflated numbers.
Most GM's would take Smith way before Schneider. Bryz improved from the coaching of Burke and had 2 good regular seasons. He played poorly in the playoffs against Detroit in year one, and played even worse in the playoffs year 2. Bryz regular season in Philly was down a bit last year (no Burke coaching, pressure of Philly, big contract), but the same Bryz third year in a row in the playoffs. He is not a good playoff goal tender, plain and simple. Smith had a great regular season and a great playoff performance. Lets see Schneider carry the load all season and have a great year and then a great playoff performance before you can say he is better then Smith.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
  #29
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
no way we trade Cory Schneider for that package

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:32 PM
  #30
Rutkowski
Registered User
 
Rutkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
no way we trade Cory Schneider for that package
Great parody post.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:37 PM
  #31
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
Most GM's would take Smith way before Schneider. Bryz improved from the coaching of Burke and had 2 good regular seasons. He played poorly in the playoffs against Detroit in year one, and played even worse in the playoffs year 2. Bryz regular season in Philly was down a bit last year (no Burke coaching, pressure of Philly, big contract), but the same Bryz third year in a row in the playoffs. He is not a good playoff goal tender, plain and simple. Smith had a great regular season and a great playoff performance. Lets see Schneider carry the load all season and have a great year and then a great playoff performance before you can say he is better then Smith.
Really, most teams had a shot at Smith for free a year or two ago....many passed.


And for the poster who claimed 27 vs 31 is not that significant in goalie years, then why in the hell is Pekka Rinne thought of higher than Luongo. 30 vs 33, pretty much equal.

Man the main board can get to me somedays

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:46 PM
  #32
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
To Phoenix: Cory Schnieder, Anton Rodin, Bill Sweatt

To Vancouver: Radim Vrbata, David Runblad, Mike Smith

With both Phoenix goalies struggling this season, it threatens the team's chances of staying a playoff contender. Cory Schnieder is just the type of goalie the Yotes can build around. Phoenix also gets two excellent, NHL ready, prospects.

Vancouver gets an inconsistant sniper in Vrbata who may just need a changle of scenery. Definately the Canucks could use extra scoring on the Kesler line. Not a hole in the Canucks lineup, but it is a weaker area of the team. Vancouver also fills another weak area by getting a good, young right side defenseman even though Runblad will be a RFA at the end of this season. If the Canucks can't re-sign him, the Canucks definately would be the losers in this trade. With Lack injured, Mike Smith is just included to give the Canucks a backup for Luongo this season. It could just as easily be Labarbera. Both are UFA's at the end of the season.

Boedker as a substitute for Vrbata would work as well. Basically the deal keys around Cory Schnieder for a winger suitable to play with Kesler, a 2nd/3rd pairing right side defenseman and a back-up goalie for this season.
In what way is Vrbata an inconsistent sniper who needs a change scenery? Phoenix is not an offensively orientated team. Verbata is currently leading the team in scoring. He's also been one of their most consistent scorers since joining the team. He's also on a money deal at 3 mil/season. You've essentially just asked for the equivalent of Burrows as a throw in.

Also, how often are RFAs not re-signed? Especially ones that have yet to have a breakout season? The odds of you not being able to sign Rundblad are virtually zero. A 22 year old with only 1 year of his RFA period burnt is not considered a negative.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:56 PM
  #33
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Really, most teams had a shot at Smith for free a year or two ago....many passed.


And for the poster who claimed 27 vs 31 is not that significant in goalie years, then why in the hell is Pekka Rinne thought of higher than Luongo. 30 vs 33, pretty much equal.

Man the main board can get to me somedays
Has goal been an issue for the Coyotes with Smith? Why "upgrade" then?

Honestly I think it's a ridiculous proposal simply from the Vancouver perspective that they will not in a million years deal Schneider and keep Luongo. I really don't think that's an option. Luongo will be the one moved. Right or wrong Luongo is no longer the chosen one in Vancouver. I don't believe that relationship can be repaired at this point.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:59 PM
  #34
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Has goal been an issue for the Coyotes with Smith? Why "upgrade" then?

Honestly I think it's a ridiculous proposal simply from the Vancouver perspective that they will not in a million years deal Schneider and keep Luongo. I really don't think that's an option. Luongo will be the one moved. Right or wrong Luongo is no longer the chosen one in Vancouver. I don't believe that relationship can be repaired at this point.
Well I prefer keeping Luongo if the return on Schneider is much higher. No brainer from where I stand.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:02 PM
  #35
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Well I prefer keeping Luongo if the return on Schneider is much higher. No brainer from where I stand.
That makes sense for the Canucks. Not sure where/how the Coyotes fit in. They aren't looking for a goalie and certainly not at the price of Vrbata and one of their top prospects in Rundblad. Unless Schneider is a number one center this is a proposal that wasn't very well thought out.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:23 AM
  #36
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Really, most teams had a shot at Smith for free a year or two ago....many passed.


And for the poster who claimed 27 vs 31 is not that significant in goalie years, then why in the hell is Pekka Rinne thought of higher than Luongo. 30 vs 33, pretty much equal.

Man the main board can get to me somedays
GM's make mistakes. Smith had another shut out last night, leads the league, why would we want Scneider

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:35 AM
  #37
NoShowWilly
Registered User
 
NoShowWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Delta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,108
vCash: 500
Our fanbase is going to rage when they see the return we get this summer.

NoShowWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:49 AM
  #38
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,638
vCash: 50
Yotes get destroyed in this deal.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:53 AM
  #39
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,638
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
Most GM's would take Smith way before Schneider. Bryz improved from the coaching of Burke and had 2 good regular seasons. He played poorly in the playoffs against Detroit in year one, and played even worse in the playoffs year 2. Bryz regular season in Philly was down a bit last year (no Burke coaching, pressure of Philly, big contract), but the same Bryz third year in a row in the playoffs. He is not a good playoff goal tender, plain and simple. Smith had a great regular season and a great playoff performance. Lets see Schneider carry the load all season and have a great year and then a great playoff performance before you can say he is better then Smith.
Just like Elliot>>Schneider right? Both Smith and Elliot have been products of the system, let's be honest these guys were passed on by numerous NHL teams. Why on earth would an NHL GM take a goalie who's looked down right terrible on any other team, ahead of a goalie that has dominated at every development curve. Schneider is by far the more attractive piece between the two goalies.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:57 AM
  #40
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Just like Elliot>>Schneider right? Both Smith and Elliot have been products of the system, let's be honest these guys were passed on by numerous NHL teams. Why on earth would an NHL GM take a goalie who's looked down right terrible on any other team, ahead of a goalie that has dominated at every development curve. Schneider is by far the more attractive piece between the two goalies.
Perhaps Burke's coaching has helped Smith improve. Smith has some injury issues earlier in his career and it is not unusual for goal tenders to not peak until they are 30ish. It is true that Schneider has had a path with less bumps in the road but he has been on a great team with tons of talent, and no pressure, that has been all on Luongo. Lets see Schneider, carry the load, be the starter for a year and play well in the playoffs. Smith has done that, granted only once, but it is one more year then Schneider. Maybe we just disagree, I don't see Schneider as being more attractive then Smith, not today.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
  #41
Vip
fun must be always
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 50
Brutal. No reason why Phoenix does this.

As others have stated

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
  #42
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
Perhaps Burke's coaching has helped Smith improve. Smith has some injury issues earlier in his career and it is not unusual for goal tenders to not peak until they are 30ish. It is true that Schneider has had a path with less bumps in the road but he has been on a great team with tons of talent, and no pressure, that has been all on Luongo. Lets see Schneider, carry the load, be the starter for a year and play well in the playoffs. Smith has done that, granted only once, but it is one more year then Schneider. Maybe we just disagree, I don't see Schneider as being more attractive then Smith, not today.
We've also never seen Schneider repeatedly fail. It's never happened. We've seen Smith be succesful in one season.

I would be shocked if there was a single GM in the NHL that did not rate Schneider over Smith. Totally shocked.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:08 PM
  #43
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
Yotes get bent over hard in this proposal. Pretty sure they wouldn't trade Vrbata alone for that package.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM
  #44
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Yotes get bent over hard in this proposal. Pretty sure they wouldn't trade Vrbata alone for that package.
Vrbata isnt worth Schneider. Yotes would have to add . And not another goalie either.

The Blues would probably offer Peterangelo and a first for Vrbata . Thats fair value.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:13 PM
  #45
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
We've seen Smith be succesful in one season.
Quote:
Before meeting the Flames, Smith’s 2.80 goals-against average and .897 save percentage ranked him as a middle-of-the-pack goalie.

But if he doesn’t allow 12 goals to the Chicago Blackhawks in two games, his goals-against average would be 1.60 (good for second in the league) with a .941 save percentage (third).
The Coyotes are perfectly content with Smith and Vrbata. It's simply not a good proposal. Schneider is a good goalie and makes more sense for other teams, but the return will not be as large as some think.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
  #46
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,633
vCash: 50
Disgusting proposal... Mike Smith is a proven #1, why would they trade for Schnieder who has yet to play a full season as the starting goaltender?

Not only that, but Phoenix gives up a top prospect, and a top 6 winger? Sweatt and Rodin are terrible / *no value.
________________________________
*Tangradi >> Rodin or Sweatt, yet only landed a 7th.
Loktionov >> Rodin or Sweatt, yet only landed a 5th.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:27 PM
  #47
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,278
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Vrbata isnt worth Schneider. Yotes would have to add . And not another goalie either.

The Blues would probably offer Peterangelo and a first for Vrbata . Thats fair value.
Would you trade Kesler for Lundqvist? It's a steal at that price.

Of course, there are the minor problems that we have no need for another goalie and Kesler is virtually irreplacable to the team, but value exists only in a vacuum, right?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
  #48
biturbo19
Registered User
 
biturbo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Vrbata isnt worth Schneider. Yotes would have to add . And not another goalie either.

The Blues would probably offer Peterangelo and a first for Vrbata . Thats fair value.
What in the crap?

The Blue absolutely would not offer Pietrangelo alone for Vrbata. Even if you added a 1st from Phoenix.

Pietrangelo is one of the best young blueliners in the game. You don't trade that guy for a streaky scorer and a mid-1st rounder. Much less ADD a 1st on the Blues side. Jeeez.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:10 PM
  #49
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Just like Elliot>>Schneider right? Both Smith and Elliot have been products of the system, let's be honest these guys were passed on by numerous NHL teams. Why on earth would an NHL GM take a goalie who's looked down right terrible on any other team, ahead of a goalie that has dominated at every development curve. Schneider is by far the more attractive piece between the two goalies.
Good point. Is Schneider a byproduct of his system as well? Would he be as good on a bottom feeding team? Take it a step further for Phoenix. Why pay a premium for a goalie when "the system" will work with an average goalie.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:12 PM
  #50
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Good point. Is Schneider a byproduct of his system as well? Would he be as good on a bottom feeding team? Take it a step further for Phoenix. Why pay a premium for a goalie when "the system" will work with an average goalie.
I wouldn't say average, I would say he is a great fit for the style of play of the Coyotes. Big, strong, plays the puck...prototypical, unlike Schneider or Bryzgalov for that matter... Smith is not a byproduct of the system, the system starts with Smith and then the d'men.
Quote:
biturbo19
Pietrangelo is one of the best young blueliners in the game. You don't trade that guy for a streaky scorer and a mid-1st rounder. Much less ADD a 1st on the Blues side. Jeeez.
and why would the Coyote trade for another d'man and give up their premiere scoring forward when they need more scoring.I guess some posts (or should I say most on hf) are more fantasy than about success...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.