HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

How stupid was it to let Benoit Pouliot walk?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2013, 06:03 AM
  #76
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
I will add though guys that the 5th round pick we got for Pouliot ended up netting us Seth Griffith who could be a good one. Not sure if it's already been mentioned and if it has I do apologize

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:30 AM
  #77
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 17,396
vCash: 1340
Griffith was drafted as an overager so let's wait until he has a couple of seasons in the AHL, he could be another Craig Cunningham.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:11 AM
  #78
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
...

If Chris Bourque is traded after this season and we bring in Jeff Hoggan to replace him, are we all going to be remiss about how we should have kept Chris Bourque?
I miss him already...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:25 AM
  #79
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Griffith was drafted as an overager so let's wait until he has a couple of seasons in the AHL, he could be another Craig Cunningham.
didn't realize I said he was a sure fire nhl'er. I said he "could" be a good one

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:26 AM
  #80
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,165
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Griffith was drafted as an overager so let's wait until he has a couple of seasons in the AHL, he could be another Craig Cunningham.
Craig Cunningham is really impressive- there is nothing I've seen him not do well. He is a bit undersized and is not super aggressive but certainly enough and mostly just goes out and plays but he is my favorite under the radar guy. I would love to see him get a chance here I dont think he'd disappoint.

one other observation he is a good battler, he goes in to get the puck, not start BS, one objective get the puck and do something good with it- so likeable

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:37 AM
  #81
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 14,844
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Just like when Ryder left, I was happy because I thought they would get someone better for the position. But just like with Pouliot, it just gets worse and worse,

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:54 AM
  #82
BigBear83
Registered User
 
BigBear83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Haverhill, NH
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
pouliot was bigger and a little better puck possesor , but people are seeming to forget about how many giveaways, bad passes and times he looked like a newborn fawn on a sheet of ice.. he pulled out some unbelievable goals but it was usually one out of every 30 rushes down the ice.. caron deserves another shot.. let the hate rain down , but he showed us a glimpse of the type of player he can be during that torrid three week stretch last year .. plus he was a man in the corners and along the boards... with that being said bourqe has def. stepped up his game as of late . so if lucic is going to be out more games i say give bourqe a shot at the first line and see what he can do . he did alright last night

BigBear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:23 AM
  #83
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 17,396
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear83 View Post
pouliot was bigger and a little better puck possesor , but people are seeming to forget about how many giveaways, bad passes and times he looked like a newborn fawn on a sheet of ice.. he pulled out some unbelievable goals but it was usually one out of every 30 rushes down the ice.. caron deserves another shot.. let the hate rain down , but he showed us a glimpse of the type of player he can be during that torrid three week stretch last year .. plus he was a man in the corners and along the boards... with that being said bourqe has def. stepped up his game as of late . so if lucic is going to be out more games i say give bourqe a shot at the first line and see what he can do . he did alright last night
Yeah you just can't expect to go deep in the playoffs with a guy like Pouliot skating a regular shift... or even Bourque. Something bad is bound to happen.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:31 AM
  #84
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»
 
deliciouspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sf, austin, here
Country: United States
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
on the one hand, if that line stays constant for the playoffs, i miss benoit pouliot

on the other, if, as i expect, he's just another body keeping that spot warm at the lowest possible cap price so that he can be replaced by a Big, Expiring Contract guy (read: alfredsson) at the end of the year, it's a reasonably good idea

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:38 AM
  #85
mikelvl
Registered User
 
mikelvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 487
We should hold our judgment until the trade deadline to see what happens. I simply can't fathom that the Bruins season will hinge on any decision involving Benoit Pouliot. That is just nonsensical to me.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:40 AM
  #86
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear83 View Post
. so if lucic is going to be out more games i say give bourqe a shot at the first line and see what he can do . he did alright last night
Ummmmm.......What!?!

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:49 AM
  #87
BigBear83
Registered User
 
BigBear83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Haverhill, NH
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
he's better suited for a top six role and has never got thd chance.. im basicaly repeating what jack and brickley were saying last night , but i agree with them .. he has never had the opportunity and if lucic is going to be out for one or two games.. why not give him a shot.. if he plays well he can carry that confidence back to the third line.. if he plays bad then that just reassures us of what he is..... a spare fwd . plus if pevs is on the third line it def balances out the lines for the better

BigBear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:51 AM
  #88
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»
 
deliciouspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sf, austin, here
Country: United States
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
the problem with the jason krogs of the world is that, yes, if they aren't in a scoring role they're being improperly utilised, but on the other hand, there are 120-150 guys that are better than them at said role in the nhl, so what can you do

along those lines, replacing lucic with bourque on that line doesn't make a ton of sense for build reasons: who is going to make space on that line

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:52 AM
  #89
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciouspie View Post
on the one hand, if that line stays constant for the playoffs, i miss benoit pouliot

on the other, if, as i expect, he's just another body keeping that spot warm at the lowest possible cap price so that he can be replaced by a Big, Expiring Contract guy (read: alfredsson) at the end of the year, it's a reasonably good idea
Alfredsson??? Daniel Alfredsson??? Lifelong Sen finishing his career for a Divisional rival? With all due respect, highly doubt it, I can see Chia adding an Umberger-like player long before an Alfie

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:57 AM
  #90
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»
 
deliciouspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sf, austin, here
Country: United States
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
i'm of the opinion that chiarelli looks at the 06-07 senators team as a model for his team builds in a lot of ways and i would think that if alfredsson wanted one last kick at the cup he could do so here amongst a senators front office, former teammates, still be close to home and be able to resign with ottawa next year a lá tkachuk

he also fits the leadership, responsible 2 way play, culture thing that this organization seems to value more than pure scoring ability, so

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:59 AM
  #91
RedBruin
Registered User
 
RedBruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Alfredsson??? Daniel Alfredsson??? Lifelong Sen finishing his career for a Divisional rival? With all due respect, highly doubt it, I can see Chia adding an Umberger-like player long before an Alfie
I've not seen anything indicating that Alfredsson is going to call it a career after this season. I don't mean to be a dick , I just can see him easily adding one more year at least. Stats are a bit down but it's not like he's looking out of place out there.

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:59 AM
  #92
BigBear83
Registered User
 
BigBear83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Haverhill, NH
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Alfredsson??? Daniel Alfredsson??? Lifelong Sen finishing his career for a Divisional rival? With all due respect, highly doubt it, I can see Chia adding an Umberger-like player long before an Alfie
plus , after seeing whats happened to toronto.. i think chiarelli will be very scared to trade intra-division .. i know they did it with colbourne.. but im guessing they had soured on his progress

BigBear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:07 AM
  #93
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear83 View Post
plus , after seeing whats happened to toronto.. i think chiarelli will be very scared to trade intra-division .. i know they did it with colbourne.. but im guessing they had soured on his progress
Intra Division trades can be risky, I`m not sure that Alfie, as loyal as he is, and as much as I`m sure he wants a Cup would waive his NTC to go there, I just think he holds it pretty close to his heart to start and end his career with the Sens, Cup or no Cup.

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:08 AM
  #94
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair
 
Shoebottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 7 steps from my can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciouspie View Post
i'm of the opinion that chiarelli looks at the 06-07 senators team as a model for his team builds in a lot of ways and i would think that if alfredsson wanted one last kick at the cup he could do so here amongst a senators front office, former teammates, still be close to home and be able to resign with ottawa next year a lá tkachuk

he also fits the leadership, responsible 2 way play, culture thing that this organization seems to value more than pure scoring ability, so
Alfie would be great for the 3rd line. Just do it. Send them our 1st.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
  #95
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Alfie would be great for the 3rd line. Just do it. Send them our 1st.
Sens need NHL ready bodies yesterday, they are hardly in a position of power with Spezza and Karlsson out

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:23 AM
  #96
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair
 
Shoebottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 7 steps from my can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
I liked Ben. Best bang for the buck. But my last memory of him will always be his half assed dump-in attempt and then subsequently losing his man that lead to the series clinching goal in last year's playoffs.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:25 AM
  #97
smithformeragent
Moderator
 
smithformeragent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester NH
Country: United States
Posts: 8,816
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
I liked it better when they were up against the cap, so I didn't have to read posts like "they should go get player X (insert name of veteran player with large cap hit in twilight of career here)"

__________________
Don't put metal in the science oven.
smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
  #98
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair
 
Shoebottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 7 steps from my can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Sens need NHL ready bodies yesterday, they are hardly in a position of power with Spezza and Karlsson out
Yup. But hoping the Sens write this season off soon. Reload for next year. The Sens without Spezza & Karlsson wont go far.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:28 AM
  #99
Eennad142
Registered User
 
Eennad142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Alfie would be great for the 3rd line. Just do it. Send them our 1st.
Shades of Kaberle. Save the future cost associated with a 40-year old rental and just re-up Dr. Recchi for the playoffs.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:42 AM
  #100
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair
 
Shoebottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 7 steps from my can
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Shades of Kaberle. Save the future cost associated with a 40-year old rental and just re-up Dr. Recchi for the playoffs.
Alfie had 27 goals, 59pts and a +16 last year. Even if Kabby had 50 shades, Alfie has none of them. The guy would be an ideal rental. Familiar, vet, effective and proven playoff performer. Not to mention his contract is gone next season if Bruins want it to go away.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.