HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 3, Kings 2

Old
02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Time and place

Dont do it with empty net and your team up by 1 goal in final minute of game
Oduya doesn't have the benefit of replay, he saw someone all over his goalie and protected him. Most refs are going to call both penalties when this happens.

We call this team soft and then complain when they stick up for one another. Crawford is already out from what was probably another collision.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Oduya doesn't have the benefit of replay, he saw someone all over his goalie and protected him. Most refs are going to call both penalties when this happens.

We call this team soft and then complain when they stick up for one another. Crawford is already out from what was probably another collision.
Emery was bumped ,, He wasn't run over

It was overreaction by Oduya

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Sleight Of Hand
No More Coldplay

I am glad Sharp scored. Not happy about his penalty leading to the first goal.

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:26 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

Easy for you to say.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

He started his post by saying "Oduya doesn't have the benefit of instant replay. He saw a guy all over his goalie" (paraphrase).

So, in other words: Oduya's watching the play, looks back, sees a guy all over Emery and reacts. That's what you want a teammate to do. If the ref had made the right call, the play would have been blown dead and both players should have recieved penalties.. even though, really, Oduya didn't do much.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Cullksinikers

On Sharp's second penalty, was the unsportsmanlike call on Stoll a dive?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Cullksinikers

All I can say is that this team is crisp. That is the one thing I took away from today. They are all in sync and are all on the same page. It's tremendous stuff right now. Also good to see Hossa still getting chances and Sharpie pot one.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:02 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I'm pretty harsh on O doo doo. I like what he did, just not the timing of it. Still we won and I give him the benefit of the doubt.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh_so_saad

i wasnt to keen on his timing as well. however he did the right thing by standing up for his brother from another mother

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Paul Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
On Sharp's second penalty, was the unsportsmanlike call on Stoll a dive?
Yes it was.

Overall good game. The 3rd wasn't great but, they prevailed and that's what matters.

Paul Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Left t.v. on NBC, in love with weather girl on local NBC. That is all!
cheryl scott. yeah i should have stayed home, saved the money and watched her.

LA was crap today. CHI totally outplayed them today. i swear to god that LA never touched the puck the entire 1st period. 3-0 after the start of the 2nd, game over. LA can't score yet again, its like a bad repeat of last season for Kings fans.

Hawks are the team to beat atm, without a doubt. they are playing solid front to back and getting contributions from all their lines.

someone mentioned Quick and looking human. dude is coming back from offseason back surgery and wasn't cleared medically until a week before the lockout ended. he's still working himself back into game shape. he's a bit shakey still and having rebound issues, but LA has worse issues than him

beat VANcrapper on Tuesday and make Roberta cry

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:52 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

I thought LA found their down low game late 2nd and carried through the 3rd. Emery played very well to preserve the victory, he seems to be in that mode he was in Anaheim a few years back when he unexpectedly had to play a bunch of games in a row and was fantastic.

We are bound to lose a few games sooner or later, I just want to see our front line scorers pick it up a little.

As for the toughness, we simply aren't built to win board battles against these bigger teams, our game is speed and quick puck movement, when we slow down you get a 3rd period like today.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:15 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
I thought LA found their down low game late 2nd and carried through the 3rd. Emery played very well to preserve the victory, he seems to be in that mode he was in Anaheim a few years back when he unexpectedly had to play a bunch of games in a row and was fantastic.

We are bound to lose a few games sooner or later, I just want to see our front line scorers pick it up a little.

As for the toughness, we simply aren't built to win board battles against these bigger teams, our game is speed and quick puck movement, when we slow down you get a 3rd period like today.
Agreed...but defensively the Hawks seem to always find a way to clog up passing lanes and break up scoring chances...really quick sticks...not many clean looks/chances for the opposing teams. Our goalies rarely need to make really difficult saves.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Liked the game, liked the result and the record is within reach. Just keep it going. Emery was good enough to get the W.
Kings are good but unless Quick plays like a goalie god again they won't go deep

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:13 AM
Slvrbullet87

Even if Bolland is not scoring he is holding together the line defensively and it is not hurting Kane's scoring so I would keep him there until the Hawks lose. No reason to shake up the lines when the W's keep coming.

As for the last faceoff, why would you not go with your captain who is one of the best defensive centers and also one of the leagues best faceoff men?

Slvrbullet87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:28 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Time and place

Dont do it with empty net and your team up by 1 goal in final minute of game
what? that's instinct you Emery get pushed and a guy get away with it...It's not like you are thinking Ooh there is a minute left.... ok. you got to be smarter bad timing but Oduya is human.. Sorry he gets a free pass.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:01 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Good win.

The Hawks have to get the PP going though, they can't keep letting teams off the hook for taking penalties. Not looking for the #1 PP but with the talent they have the Hawks should never be out of the top 10. Good to see Saad get a look, still can't believe Bickell doesn't get more time. Amazing!

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:09 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Don't think anyone mentioned this yet, but another solid game by Emery.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he was solid, but with this performance in the POs we would lose the 1st round. He is good enough to get us the W, but not sure about more. Time will tell.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:40 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
he was solid, but with this performance in the POs we would lose the 1st round. He is good enough to get us the W, but not sure about more. Time will tell.
Don't agree. The Hawks let up after the three goal lead, just like the last game. They should not go into a defensive shell when leading big. Rather, they should just continue to press the play and put the onus on the other team to be able to respond. Not many teams will be able to carry the play at that level.

That said, collectively the worst performance by Saad and Hossa this year. They were just out of synch all game.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
what? that's instinct you Emery get pushed and a guy get away with it...It's not like you are thinking Ooh there is a minute left.... ok. you got to be smarter bad timing but Oduya is human.. Sorry he gets a free pass.
NO PASS.

One has to know and understand the situation at all times out on the ice and they were probably reminded of the situation as he was hopping off the bench.

No time to think at that point, you just gotta know.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:57 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Yea but I HATED that we had Kruger out there taking that draw with 1:04 left. Would have much rather seen Toews so we had a chance to win it and clear.
A big mistake by Q not to have 2 centers out as well. Unacceptable and it is not the first time Q has done this. It could have cost us the game.... a definite WTF moment.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:04 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Kruger/Frolik have been most effective guys on PK

You have to throw them out there in that situation despite the lack of faceoff ability
So, let me get this straight. 1 minute to go in reg, down a goal and 2 men short with their goalie on the bench .... a key face-off in our end and you'd rather have Frolik out there instead of Toews. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:27 AM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
So, let me get this straight. 1 minute to go in reg, down a goal and 2 men short with their goalie on the bench .... a key face-off in our end and you'd rather have Frolik out there instead of Toews. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I don't think it's a big deal given the circumstances.
I'm not sure if Q did it out of habit, instinct, or to let those guys prove themselves. I would rather he find out what they had in a big situation now than later. I think a 2nd period pk in the playoffs is bigger so I kind of liked the idea of putting them in a bit of a tight spot now. They had a point locked up, so the team would still have had a chance to make up for a mistake too. Q makes me scratch my head with many decisions, but I was less concerned about the results from this one. Leddy on the shootout bugged me much more.

If they didn't have a bit a of cushion in the division standings, I would have been aggravated with the decision.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Sleight Of Hand
No More Coldplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Don't agree. The Hawks let up after the three goal lead, just like the last game. They should not go into a defensive shell when leading big. Rather, they should just continue to press the play and put the onus on the other team to be able to respond. Not many teams will be able to carry the play at that level.

That said, collectively the worst performance by Saad and Hossa this year. They were just out of synch all game.
Agree here. They took their foot off the pedal in the 3rd.

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote