HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canadiens - Blues

Old
02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

vCash: 500
Canadiens - Blues

TO MONTREAL
D Roman Polak
W Matt D'Agostini

TO ST.LOUIS
C Lars Eller
D Yannick Weber OR D Frederic St-Denis OR D Francis Bouillon
5th Round Pick

Proposed this a version of this deal a few places, but never started a thread. Got some yay's and nay's overall. How's the value?

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
D'Agostini - Galchenyuk - Cole
Prust - White - Moen
Armstrong

Markov - Polak
Subban - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz
Bouillon

Perron-Backes-Oshie
Steen-Berglund-Stewart
McDonald-Eller-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves
Langenbrunner

Jackman-Shattenkirk
Redden-Pietrangelo
Cole-Weber
Russell

Last edited by Hawkguy: 02-17-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:03 AM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
I would like to have Eller back on the Blues but I doubt Armstrong is in a hurry to acquire him back. If I was the Blues GM I would be looking at picks and prospects(no Schwartz or Tarasenko) for Eller not a roster player(well D'Ags is fair game). If that doesn't jive with what the Habs are looking for that's understandable.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
I would like to have Eller back on the Blues but I doubt Armstrong is in a hurry to acquire him back. If I was the Blues GM I would be looking at picks and prospects(no Schwartz or Tarasenko) for Eller not a roster player(well D'Ags is fair game). If that doesn't jive with what the Habs are looking for that's understandable.
Yeah, doesn't really make sense for Montreal to deal Eller for prospects. It does make sense to deal him if MT isn't going to use him, but we'd need "fair value."

The only other prospects of interest is Jake Allen, but he doesn't really do anything for MTL with Price and Ty Rattie, who is kind of small.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Weber is not big enough for our blueline.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Weber is not big enough for our blueline.
He's bigger than Russell..

We also have Kaberle available, but he's signed for an extra year and probably too similar to Redden.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
He's bigger than Russell..

We also have Kaberle available, but he's signed for an extra year and probably too similar to Redden.
Thats not saying much. The Blues need to get bigger on defense. Jax isn't exactly big, Russell is small, as is Shattenkirk. Petro, Polak, and Cole have some size, but loosing Polak skews the size of our D in a negative way.

Kaberle is too expensive for the Blues.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:12 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Yannick Weber is a fringe 6th Dman. He holds next to no value.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Patty Roy

How good is Polak? The Habs could certainly use some more size on their back end, however i'd rather not sacrifice Eller for a bottom pair d-man.

I have zero interest in D'Agostini.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
His value is about the same as D'Agostini's....this trade is more about Eller/Polak.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:23 PM
sharks9

I'd do it from the Habs side. I'd rather have another winger than Eller who's stuck in our logjam at centre. Those look like 3 pretty balanced scoring lines.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:44 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

I would like the deal more so, if you replace Weber with Alexei Emelin and keep the 5th round pick.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:46 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
His value is about the same as D'Agostini's....this trade is more about Eller/Polak.
D'Agostini can be a quality 3rd line forward and he's scored 20 goals in the NHL. Yannick Weber has yet to establish himself as anything more than a 6th-7th Dman. Their value's aren't close.

Yannick Weber has Eric Tangradi value.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Polak is not being moved. We have no depth on the right side of the defense. And, no Weber does not cover for that loss.

The only reason why Eller could crack our top 9 is because he plays center, but I'd rather have Schwartz in the top 9 because of the skill set he brings for Berglund and Stewart.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:24 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
Since when is Polak available?

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:34 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I would like the deal more so, if you replace Weber with Alexei Emelin and keep the 5th round pick.
i'm sure you would but that's not going to happen

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Since when are 75% of the players in proposals available?

To the poster that wanted to replace Weber with Emelin, that kind of defeats the purpose of the trade for Montreal. Not sure why St. Louis would have to include D'Ags, the deal would probably have to center around Polak and Eller. Not sure if I'd make that trade, rather wait for Tinordi to make it to the big club. However, I am a big fan of Eller and would like to see him get a legitamite shot to be more than a 3rd line center before we try to move him.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Seriously?

This forum is for fun. When are 95% of the proposals here about guys who are available in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Polak is not being moved. We have no depth on the right side of the defense. And, no Weber does not cover for that loss.

The only reason why Eller could crack our top 9 is because he plays center, but I'd rather have Schwartz in the top 9 because of the skill set he brings for Berglund and Stewart.
Why is Polak only playing 16-17 minutes a night then? Isn't he behind Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk at RD?

Eller is a top-9 player, easily. He's stuck behind 3 centres here and even though he's had success on the wing this year, MT won't keep him there because Ryan White played himself out of our lineup.

Eller is a great skater, decent vision, good offensive instincts, great on the boards, hits hard, and has a good shot. He's a 2nd line C as far as I'm concerned stuck behind guys who can't play on the 4th line.

Weber could easily handle 15-minutes a night.

The biggest hole Polak would leave for you is the PK.. who would slide in if he went down for injury? Cole, Russell and Redden don't seem like good options.

Maybe Francis Bouillon would fit better than Weber in the deal (although MT letting him get traded would not happen lol).

St-Denis is another guy who could be moved (currently playing in Hamilton). I personally love the guy, but he doesn't get much of a chance in MTL. He's got an incredible first pass, he plays mistake free hockey. He's basically a poor man's Josh Gorges. He played great in MTL last year and he's playing good for Hamilton right now (his team is horrible and he's the only everyday defenseman who has a positive +/- rating).

Quote:
D'Agostini can be a quality 3rd line forward and he's scored 20 goals in the NHL. Yannick Weber has yet to establish himself as anything more than a 6th-7th Dman. Their value's aren't close.

Yannick Weber has Eric Tangradi value.
D'Agostini scored 20 two years ago. Last year, he didn't crack 10-goals and hasn't been able to earn a full-time spot in St. Louis' line-up in over a year. Weber is a guy who could pot 30-40 points with solid ice-time and has played fantastic in his playoff outings. They don't hold much different value. Weber scored the same amount of points as D'Ago last year in 5 more games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Emelin is tradeable, but he'd cost more to the deal than that, IMO. He brings a dimension to the Habs that they don't have on the blueline anywhere else.

Last edited by Hawkguy: 02-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old
02-17-2013, 01:53 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
But why even try getting a guy that*everyone knows the Blues can't afford to lose?

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:00 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
D'Agostini scored 20 two years ago. Last year, he didn't crack 10-goals and hasn't been able to earn a full-time spot in St. Louis' line-up in over a year. Weber is a guy who could pot 30-40 points with solid ice-time and has played fantastic in his playoff outings. They don't hold much different value. Weber scored the same amount of points as D'Ago last year in 5 more games.
I just don't get what's with Montreal fans and Yannick Weber.

Weber's 24 and has yet to established himself as a full-time NHLer. He spent a good portion of last season playing as a forward and has only played 1 game this season. I don't get how you can chop down D'Agostini, who's actually had success in the NHL, while saying Weber could be this if he got that and yet he's shown nothing of the sort at the NHL level.

Everytime Weber gets brought up in a trade by Montreal fans you get responses like: "He has a great shot!", "He'd be good if he got an oppurtunity!".. that's great. If he's such a good player, why hasn't he been able to establish himself on Montreal? Especially last year, when they had so many injuries on the backend. Could it be that, perhaps, he's simply not an NHL-level quality Dman? Or, at least, not an everday one? That seems most likely at this point.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Oshie97

Quote:
TO MONTREAL
D Roman Polak
W Matt D'Agostini

TO ST.LOUIS
C Lars Eller
D Yannick Weber
5th Round Pick

Proposed this a version of this deal a few places, but never started a thread. Got some yay's and nay's overall. How's the value?

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
D'Agostini - Galchenyuk - Cole
Prust - White - Moen
Armstrong

Markov - Polak
Subban - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz
Bouillon

Perron-Backes-Oshie
Steen-Eller-Stewart
McDonald-Berglund-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves
Langenbrunner

Jackman-Shattenkirk
Redden-Pietrangelo
Cole-Weber
Russell
Eller would not come in and play above Berglund, he would have better line mates in Stl than in Montreal on the 3 rd line though. I would like to find a center to move Steen back to the left but we can't trade Polak to do it. He's a great tough defensive d-man who is signed to a good contract and with the way our d has looked at times this yr is just too important to give up.

Oshie97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:08 PM
SirPaste

Blues pass

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
But why even try getting a guy that*everyone knows the Blues can't afford to lose?
Didn't think a guy who was playing 17 minutes a night (13 a handful of games recently) would be under the "cant afford to lose" list.

Quote:
I just don't get what's with Montreal fans and Yannick Weber.

Weber's 24 and has yet to established himself as a full-time NHLer. He spent a good portion of last season playing as a forward and has only played 1 game this season. I don't get how you can chop down D'Agostini, who's actually had success in the NHL, while saying Weber could be this if he got that and yet he's shown nothing of the sort at the NHL level.

Everytime Weber gets brought up in a trade by Montreal fans you get responses like: "He has a great shot!", "He'd be good if he got an oppurtunity!".. that's great. If he's such a good player, why hasn't he been able to establish himself on Montreal? Especially last year, when they had so many injuries on the backend. Could it be that, perhaps, he's simply not an NHL-level quality Dman? Or, at least, not an everday one? That seems most likely at this point.
He was an everyday defenseman last year (or pretty close). He played 60 games + was injured for about 10-15.

And valuing him for a forward who doesn't play either isn't really that big of value. I'd say D'Ago and Weber are probably both, value-wise, worth 4th or 5th rounders at this point. They were included in the deal to "fill the gaps" that trading Eller for Polak would create for both teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
Eller would not come in and play above Berglund, he would have better line mates in Stl than in Montreal on the 3 rd line though. I would like to find a center to move Steen back to the left but we can't trade Polak to do it. He's a great tough defensive d-man who is signed to a good contract and with the way our d has looked at times this yr is just too important to give up.
Yeah, I realize that, I originally thought the first player were the centres (didn't know MacDonald was playing wing), so I had Eller on the 3rd line, but after I realized my mistake, I just did a quick edit.

Yeah, I really like Polak too, hence trying to get him. I like Eller too, but our coach won't put him on a scoring line for some reason.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:27 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
The only reason polak is getting 17 minutes a night is because pietrangelo and shattenkirk exist. If we didn't have polak it would be a 3rd pairing of redden and russell.

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:27 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

We have 0 depth on the right side of the defense, which makes Polak important, and he is a big part of our PK and physical play.

Russell/Redden-Weber would be an atomic disaster as a 3rd pairing.

Eller barely cracks our top 9, even if he does crack it. We know exactly who he is. He has all the tools, but he isn't great in any one area, and he hasn't put it all together. The only reason why we would be interested in him would be because he plays center.

I don't think he is an upgrade over Steen and with Schwartz's skill set, he shouldn't be taken off the Berglund-Stewart line.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
This is probably the nicest thing said about Weber.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote