HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injured Players Thread (3/6: Staal Out Indefinitely; Not Career Threatening)

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 10:12 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
The way I see it we can't get on the team for lifeless, heartless play and then get on Girardi or Torts for this.

He was fighting for the full 60. Something more players need to do. It really sucks but it's part of that..

02-23-2013, 10:15 PM
slickjay

This brings me back to the 24/7 special when DZ gets suckered by Kopecky (I think?) and Rupp jumps all over him. The first question DZ asks the trainer is who jumped in for him. These things matter within a team. Seems like last years' roster was willing to do anything for each other. I miss Dubi.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:15 PM
HAPPY HOUR

The lack of response after their best defensemen gets slammed is what hurts my head.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
district9

To everyone saying "why was he out there?!" Remember that you're down to 5 defensemen, and really at that point in the game 4 because Marc is sick and HE'S the guy I wouldn't expect on the ice at that point in the game. Bickel, Stralman, and Gilroy are your remaining options. Bickel I'm pretty sure has never worked with the PK unit, Gilroy hadn't played on the PK until today, and Stralman is sort of a last resort. You want to keep some sort of pride in the game....

The game was a complete joke from every aspect. Let's not get carried away on these injuries, but if we're going to be missing MDZ, Girardi, and McDonagh for a long period of time that might be it for this year. Can't afford big time injuries like that during a lockout year.

Literally the only POSITIVE that would come out of major injuries for those 3 guys is that we'll probably get McDonagh for a bit of a discount when it's time to re-sign him this summer...

Old
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
The way I see it we can't get on the team for lifeless, heartless play and then get on Girardi or Torts for this.

He was fighting for the full 60. Something more players need to do. It really sucks but it's part of that..
yep, exactly.

he pulls Girardi off the ice for the 5 on 3...the same idiots are out there saying he gives up on a game.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:22 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
To everyone saying "why was he out there?!" Remember that you're down to 5 defensemen, and really at that point in the game 4 because Marc is sick and HE'S the guy I wouldn't expect on the ice at that point in the game. Bickel, Stralman, and Gilroy are your remaining options. Bickel I'm pretty sure has never worked with the PK unit, Gilroy hadn't played on the PK until today, and Stralman is sort of a last resort. You want to keep some sort of pride in the game....
WHO GIVES A ****. The game was over, put out Thomas, Gilroy and Stralman. Anyone but your top players. Although Callahan hasn't played like a top player since before last year's playoffs...

Old
02-23-2013, 10:24 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
...You want to keep some sort of pride in the game....
Pride was long gone by that time.
The game was a low point of low points. When you do not deserve good luck, you do not get it.

Too much analysis going on at the micro level. It is at the macro level that the problem is. Something very wrong with this team.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Hades

Players need to start protecting themselves from hits like these. Was this hit worthy of a 2 minute penalty? Yes. Was it worthy of a suspension? I don't think so. However, McD knew Pac was coming, and he turned his back to the play. Lots of player pull this **** and they need to stop.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:28 PM
h0ckeyman

It wasn't suspension worthy, but wasn't clean either. Would have liked to see one of the guys stick up for the best skater on the team there for sure.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:49 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

i think its borderline suspension worthy, however being that mac hit him earlier, the hit was clearly premeditated.

also no practice tommorrow, which is good since everyone really played their ***** off tonight and really need some rest, and what does it matter their play clearly dictates they dont need to practice.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:53 PM
trilobyte

Good lord, folks. Forget about worrying about a suspension for Pacioretty.
That is not going to help the Rangers. They missed the opportunity to make him pay right now, right here. Water under the bridge.

Now, all that we can do is hope that Ryan McD will be getting better soon.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:56 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
yep, exactly.

he pulls Girardi off the ice for the 5 on 3...the same idiots are out there saying he gives up on a game.
The unequivocal catch 22.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:56 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjay View Post
This brings me back to the 24/7 special when DZ gets suckered by Kopecky (I think?) and Rupp jumps all over him. The first question DZ asks the trainer is who jumped in for him. These things matter within a team. Seems like last years' roster was willing to do anything for each other. I miss Dubi.
That was my favorite Rupp moment while he was here.

Somebody on this team should have stepped in tonight. Absolutely anybody.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

So...are we turning into the Buffalo Sabres in regards to not stepping up to protect our players?

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

Yep.

You can't win with this board.

You're either heartless, or stupid.

Old
pld459666

vCash: 873
broken ankel

Old
02-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
I hope G gets well soon. And everyone else in our line up who's injured.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:02 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

People saying it wasn't that bad of a hit are clueless. McDonagh was facing the boards. Not only did Pacioretty not let up on the hit see McDonagh was facing the boards, he also clearly left his feet. Just unnecessary.

But what's more upsetting is no one responded. In a game where we ended up losing 3-0 guys like Mashinter, Bickel, and Boyle should've stepped up and they did not. Only Boyle got in Moen's face at the end of the game when he crashed into Biron. The team is playing awful you think someone would step and drop the gloves at this point. We really do miss Prust.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:09 PM
wr50l

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Good lord, folks. Forget about worrying about a suspension for Pacioretty.
That is not going to help the Rangers. They missed the opportunity to make him pay right now, right here. Water under the bridge.

Now, all that we can do is hope that Ryan McD will be getting better soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlxKbbMdPKI

This was the Black and Blue New York Rangers. Everybody wanted a piece of that ****. The New Jersey Devils flirted with the idea of out-toughing us on our home ice and that game plan lasted all of three seconds.

What the hell has become of this team? I understand that the guys on the ice at the time of the hit were really not amongst the toughest - Richards, Gaborik etc. though seeing one of them jump in might have kick started our season - but why did Mashinter or Bickel or Boyle not do anything at any point to redress the balance? Has Torts neutered all these guys? Have they given up caring? Take an instigator and a game misconduct if needs must, even if you end up giving up a powerplay that costs the team 2 points! We just got bullied by a team that gets bullied, and the players' disinterest has been evident far too many times this season already.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Lets not try to lick our wounds by posting videos/laughing at Pacioretty's injury against the Bruins.

02-23-2013, 11:15 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr50l View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlxKbbMdPKI

This was the Black and Blue New York Rangers. Everybody wanted a piece of that ****. The New Jersey Devils flirted with the idea of out-toughing us on our home ice and that game plan lasted all of three seconds.

What the hell has become of this team? I understand that the guys on the ice at the time of the hit were really not amongst the toughest - Richards, Gaborik etc. though seeing one of them jump in might have kick started our season - but why did Mashinter or Bickel or Boyle not do anything at any point to redress the balance? Has Torts neutered all these guys? Have they given up caring? Take an instigator and a game misconduct if needs must, even if you end up giving up a powerplay that costs the team 2 points! We just got bullied by a team that gets bullied, and the players' disinterest has been evident far too many times this season already.
I remember that one. Rupp was great.
i just did not think that losing Rupp (or Prust) meant no balls.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:17 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Lets not try to lick our wounds by posting videos/laughing at Pacioretty's injury against the Bruins.
Ok, everyone go to youtube and watch it since we're not allowed to post it here.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Ok, everyone go to youtube and watch it since we're not allowed to post it here.
Yeah, you aren't. I'll reiterate again because I've seen a few of them lately.

Posting that injury as a means of ridicule isn't acceptable. Don't do it again. This goes for everyone.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Exactly. That is what I am talking about. He had a ear to ear grin on him like he's some ****ing high school hero, and nobody tries to beat his face in.

Shameful.
FWIW, that's just how pacioretty looks.

Whatever happens, not here to discuss or defend max, i'll let league decide but I hope Ryan doesn't have a concussion and whatever the case is, I hope he has a full recovery.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:19 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr50l View Post
but why did Mashinter or Bickel or Boyle not do anything at any point to redress the balance? Has Torts neutered all these guys? Have they given up caring?
I think the most concerning thing is I can't decide which of your last two questions are more accurate. Could be either.

Pretty embarrassed to be a Ranger fan.

Closed Thread