HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida and Minnesota

Old
02-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

vCash: 500
Florida and Minnesota

Sephen Weiss

Pierre Marc-Bouchard
1st in 2013

Both are in the last year of their deals. Panthers get 1st in compensation for gap in value. Wild get much needed center depth.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Initial reaction was that I have no words.

Wild is very set in center depth. Koivu, Granlund, Cullen, Brodziak, Konopka (Larsson).

No thank you.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:55 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
Initial reaction was that I have no words.

Wild is very set in center depth. Koivu, Granlund, Cullen, Brodziak, Konopka (Larsson).

No thank you.
High end center depth? Sorry but Granlund isn't ready for full-time 2nd line center. I see him as a winger long term any way.

Weiss is miles above Cullen and Brodziak. If the Wild ever want to become contenders they need a second line thats worth a damn. The mainstays on that line this year have been Seto and Cullen, both of which would be on a quality teams third line. The Wild are not set at center.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:15 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

No thanks. Weiss (who is a UFA) is not worth a possible lottery draft pick. Given how uneven Minnesota has been, I rather keep Bouchard and the 1st, because that 1st could end up being the 1st overall pick. Too much of a risk on a guy that could leave at the end of the year. We don't need rentals.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
High end center depth? Sorry but Granlund isn't ready for full-time 2nd line center. I see him as a winger long term any way.

Weiss is miles above Cullen and Brodziak. If the Wild ever want to become contenders they need a second line thats worth a damn. The mainstays on that line this year have been Seto and Cullen, both of which would be on a quality teams third line. The Wild are not set at center.
Granlund may not be quite ready yet, but he is getting better. Especially in the faceoff circle. He'll have to get stronger, but he is definitely a center. So you don't have to worry about our center situation, cuz we are set Hamburger Kid. We are not in win-now mode. So we can afford time to let our up and comers grow into their NHL roles. Do what you will with Weiss, we'll happily keep our 1st. Although I do like the way you phrased the trade proposal like you are doing us a favor.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
Granlund may not be quite ready yet, but he is getting better. Especially in the faceoff circle. He'll have to get stronger, but he is definitely a center. So you don't have to worry about our center situation, cuz we are set Hamburger Kid. We are not in win-now mode. So we can afford time to let our up and comers grow into their NHL roles. Do what you will with Weiss, we'll happily keep our 1st. Although I do like the way you phrased the trade proposal like you are doing us a favor.
When are you going to be in win now mode? Koivu, Parise, Suter, Gilbert, Heatley and Backstrom are all 30 yrs old give or take a year with the exception of Backstrom. That is your core. So what are you going to wait another couple years. If you are aren't in win now mode with the two signing just made over the summer what the **** is going on.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:25 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
When are you going to be in win now mode? Koivu, Parise, Suter, Gilbert, Heatley and Backstrom are all 30 yrs old give or take a year with the exception of Backstrom. That is your core. So what are you going to wait another couple years. If you are aren't in win now mode with the two signing just made over the summer what the **** is going on.
Backstrom and Heatley were stop gaps at best. Gilbert can play for a few more years. Parise and Suter are both respectively 28, so a few years off.

We are both in a win now mode but also a continually building mode. We got Granlund, Brodin ready to step in now. Zucker, Coyle, Larsson waiting. Bulmer, Phillips, Lucia, Haula also behind them. We just got to be a bit patient with the rookies but they should help.

The thing is with Minnesota is they aren't going to give up a high draft pick for a rental in a season of uncertainty. Fletcher does not like to give up high draft picks and tends to horde them. In fact, he usually jettisons his lower picks to move up in the draft. But yeah. Minnesota has no interest in Weiss for Bouchard and a 1st. Maybe Bouchard and a 3rd in 2014 or Bouchard and New Jersey's 3rd.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:40 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
That is our core today. Where this organization shines and a big reason we got ZP and RS to sign here is our prospects. Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Brodin, Dumba, Hackett with our big three(#9,11,20) is our core that is going to make this franchise. Plus look at the roster players we have that are in their mid-20's already: Marco Scandella(22), Jared Spurgeon(23), Cal Clutterbuck(25) Devin Setoguchi(26). Although I do not think Gooch is going to be around long enough to reap the benefits of our youth movement. The Wild have one of the best prospect pools in the league. Considering Fletch inherited a prospect pool with no water in it in '09 to what we have now is a testament to what he has done for this organization. With the plan Fletch has in place Weiss would be a rental. Do not mistake my patience for passivity. I do have specific expectation for this team this season.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:51 AM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

vCash: 1660
To Minn:
Jonathan Huberdeau
2013 First round pick

To Fla:
Justin Falk
2013 4th Round pick

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Take away the 1st round, add a 2nd and 4th or something like that and I'm good to go on it. Otherwise no. We're in no rush

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanmaster View Post
to minn:
Jonathan huberdeau
2013 first round pick

to fla:
Justin falk
2013 4th round pick
ok!

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:44 AM
FrolikFan67

from the panthers side, id do it for sure. and im talking about the orginal proposal, not the huberdeau one

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:35 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
To Minn:
Jonathan Huberdeau
2013 First round pick

To Fla:
Justin Falk
2013 4th Round pick
I laughed.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 50
Not really sure why we're trading our 1st rounder away... We're not in win-now mode quite yet.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Dr Jan Itor

The difference between PMB and Weiss, right now, is not a 1st round pick. That's where this proposal runs into trouble.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:12 AM
ctmagic

I'd do PMB/2nd for Weiss

ctmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:18 AM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

Weiss is redundant in Minnesota, we don't need any more injury prone players we wouldn't trade our "best" center

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

PMB and a 3rd would be as high a draft pick that I'd be willing to offer. Now maybe we could throw in a decent prospect instead like Phillips or Haula. Haula never has a shot at making this team with all the other higher end prospects in front of him.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
PMB and a 3rd would be as high a draft pick that I'd be willing to offer. Now maybe we could throw in a decent prospect instead like Phillips or Haula. Haula never has a shot at making this team with all the other higher end prospects in front of him.
Absolutely disagree with this. I'd be pissed if he was tossed into a trade for non-impact player.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Zoombie

This would be a crazy deal for the Wild to do. Essentially giving FLA a 1st for what, 2-3 months of Weiss?

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:34 AM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
To Minn:
Jonathan Huberdeau
2013 First round pick

To Fla:
Justin Falk
2013 4th Round pick
I'm hoping you just have MIN's Justin Falk confused with the CAR Justin Faulk.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
I'm hoping you just have MIN's Justin Falk confused with the CAR Justin Faulk.
Why would you hope that? Just smile and say thank you.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
PariseSuterKoivu

Replace Weiss with Bjugstad and you have a deal

PariseSuterKoivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813