HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nucks @ Blackhawks (2/19)

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 05:45 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Nucks @ Blackhawks (2/19)

This game deserves his own PGT talk.

Hell, I'd love it to get one of those divers out of their lineup. Go, fake something and see them falling on the ice. Blame them, play the body. Best of it all, do this while winning the game.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:34 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

I just hope our point streak doesn't end after this game or the main board will be flooded by even more obnoxious Canuck threads.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:36 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.75 Men

Have to believe Luongo starts this one for the Canucks.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:44 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I'd really like to see us tie the points record tomorrow. Should be an exciting game, wish I could watch it. Guess ill have to watch it Wednesday after work

Old
02-18-2013, 08:41 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I'd really like to see us tie the points record tomorrow. Should be an exciting game, wish I could watch it. Guess ill have to watch it Wednesday after work
well that's just fantastic...the canucks are the ones who can not only end our streak but prevent us from tying the record

i'm trying to be positive but have this feeling we're going to lose. they always seem to get up to play us and i'm sure would love to beat us in chicago and end the streak.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:56 AM
ChiHawk21

Any chance CARBOMB will be back tomorrow?

Old
02-18-2013, 09:29 AM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Any chance CARBOMB will be back tomorrow?
Bollig may have given Carcillo a chance yesterday.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:39 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 5113
Let's do this thing.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:10 AM
crazyhawk

If we continue to play this game like we have the others than we can definately beat them.
I'll give them goaltending but I give us the check mark for D, O, Coaching and intangibles like home crowd.
Oh would I like to see Kaner light Lou up again on Chicago ice .. memories of 7uongo!

Old
02-18-2013, 10:43 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
Oh would I like to see Kaner light Lou up again on Chicago ice .. memories of 7uongo!
That would be nice but Luongo only chokes when it matters. Since tomorrow means nothing I'm sure he'll be stellar.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Yeah I have no faith in us against Vancouver...in the regular season.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:01 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Remind me why I sold my tix to this game?

Although I do still have the PDF, maybe I should just show up and suffer whatever consequences Stubhub tries to give me afterward

Old
02-18-2013, 11:15 AM
EbonyRaptor

I loathe the Vancouver Canucks. That whole rogue's gallery of divers and drama queens irratates me more than I should let them.

I watched most of the Blues/Nucks game last night and there were two penalties that Kesler drew late in the game that typifies that team. The first one Kesler ducks into a check and flops to the ice like he was shot with an elephant gun. A couple minutes later he turns his back to the Blues player just before getting checked and dives into boards to get a boarding call against the Blues. Both could easily have been no calls or even diving calls against Kesler - but he gets away with it.

Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, Luongo, Sedin sisters, Lapierre - is there a bigger group of shameless no class slimeballs in the league?

Old
02-18-2013, 11:32 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler, Luongo, Sedin sisters, Lapierre - is there a bigger group of shameless no class slimeballs in the league?
Bigger group, no? There is Mike Smith though.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:37 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Bad loss for the Canucks last night. I hope the hawks are the dagger for a 3 game losing streak. Looking from the highlights Lou didn't play all that well. 3 goals against 20 shots and all 3 goals were easy goals the hawks make all the time. I hope lou is in net. A bit of pressure is beginning to build up against him after last night, I can see him choking a little bit.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:09 PM
cherrypik

Going to the game tomorrow and hoping the Hawks drop 5 on Lou like a couple years ago. Either way Nucks been coughing up a lot of late leads, so I wouldn't mind a come from behind W.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:28 PM
RayP

Quote:
Sportsnet Pacific‏@SNETPacific
Henrik Sedin last night post - "We were all watching the Chicago game hoping they won so we could be the team that beats them." #Canucks
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Old
02-18-2013, 12:38 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Luongo's effort in the shootout yesterday inspired me to make my very first .gif

Old
02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I am sure Q will use that for bulletin board material.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:56 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

My predoction: Hawks will win in regulation tomorrow. Canuck fans will complain about the refs.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:59 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
I loathe the Vancouver Canucks. That whole rogue's gallery of divers and drama queens irratates me more than I should let them.

I watched most of the Blues/Nucks game last night and there were two penalties that Kesler drew late in the game that typifies that team. The first one Kesler ducks into a check and flops to the ice like he was shot with an elephant gun. A couple minutes later he turns his back to the Blues player just before getting checked and dives into boards to get a boarding call against the Blues. Both could easily have been no calls or even diving calls against Kesler - but he gets away with it.

I wouldn't call Lou a classless slime ball at all, neither would I on the sisters.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Luongo's effort in the shootout yesterday inspired me to make my very first .gif

If it wasn't so hilariously awful, I would be sad. Oh, Lu.

Looking forward to a (hopefully) good and clean game. No clue who starts in net for us at this time - Luongo and Schneider are both coming off relatively lukewarm starts in which neither was at their best. Luongo has a history of playing well at the Madhouse (in the regular season, anyway) so that may play into his favour.

Scuttlebutt is David Booth will be back for the Canucks as well. This is either great news or the most terrible news in the history of ever depending on who you ask.

For those who may find this interesting - statistically speaking, the top regular season "Canuck Killers" are Toews, Kane and Sharp. I think Toews has 15 points in 20 games, Kane has 17 in 21 and Sharp has 13 (8 goals) in 26, off the top of my head.

Conversely, the Canucks who seem to show the strongest against the Hawks are the Twins (40 points in 44 games for Daniel, 39 points in 43 games for Henrik) and Edler (13 points in 22 games, IIRC).

Old
02-18-2013, 01:07 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I wouldn't call Lou a classless slime ball at all, neither would I on the sisters.
You're right. They are more appropriately placed in the whiney (Lou) and snarky sneaky wimpy (sisters) categories.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:07 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

Just lovely

Old
02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
If it wasn't so hilariously awful, I would be sad. Oh, Lu.

Looking forward to a (hopefully) good and clean game. No clue who starts in net for us at this time - Luongo and Schneider are both coming off relatively lukewarm starts in which neither was at their best. Luongo has a history of playing well at the Madhouse (in the regular season, anyway) so that may play into his favour.

Scuttlebutt is David Booth will be back for the Canucks as well. This is either great news or the most terrible news in the history of ever depending on who you ask.

For those who may find this interesting - statistically speaking, the top regular season "Canuck Killers" are Toews, Kane and Sharp. I think Toews has 15 points in 20 games, Kane has 17 in 21 and Sharp has 13 (8 goals) in 26, off the top of my head.

Conversely, the Canucks who seem to show the strongest against the Hawks are the Twins (40 points in 44 games for Daniel, 39 points in 43 games for Henrik) and Edler (13 points in 22 games, IIRC).
Their games are always good to watch. Both teams play a similar style. Our 3-4 lines are not playing bad and have so far exceeded expectations. Our 2nd line....not so good it seems. Pretty quiet lately. Kind of hard to justify line changes when you are not losing but switching up Kane and Saad would be a nice change of scenery for both. Our Swedish D pairing is also playing better than Keith/Seabs most of the time. Getting Leddy less ice time is letting him develop and he is also getting PP time.

Closed Thread