HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundy and Carter to get a look flipping lines???

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 08:26 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
'Lundy is more of a speedster, a skilled player who makes his living more off the rush and w/creativity as oppossed to grinding it out and getting to the front of the net.'

Carter does not grind it out. Where the hell does this come from? Carter and Lundmark both go to the net and both of them get the majority of their goals by receiving passes as they drive to the net. Neither of them pick up the kind of garbage goals you seem to be talking about where the player jams himself into a scrum and keeps whacking away at the puck. They'll both pounce on rebounds and are both quick to see the play develop but this thought that somehow Carter goes to the front of the net and creates havoc has no basis. It seems to me to be more wishful thinking than anything else.
How many rebounds have you seen Lundy score??How many by going hard to the net????

THE GUY HAS 8 ****ING GOALS IN HIS CAREER so what the F are you talking about???

Of the 8 I know that at least 3 came off the rush and another 2 at least out of getting open in the slot for a quick release wrister.

You saying he scores goals by recieving passes while going hard to the net is hysterical.

As for Carter not scoring almsot all of his goals from rebounds and getting to the front of the net why don't you go and educate yourself over at the Oiler board as to just how Anson scored 25 and 28 goals the last 2 yrs.

Old
09-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Barnaby

I would personally like Sather to try Lundmark next to Rosie and Lindros for a couple pre-season games. Again, that would also allow Moore to crack the 3rd line if he continues his strong camp. Two young guys wont play with Holik but if Anson was on one flank then I think Sather could try Moore on the other. If they dont click then put Anson back...

Old
09-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
How many rebounds have you seen Lundy score??How many by going hard to the net????

THE GUY HAS 8 ****ING GOALS IN HIS CAREER so what the F are you talking about???

As for Carter not scoring almsot all of his goals from rebounds and getting to the front of the net why don't you go and educate yourself over at the Oiler board as to just how Anson scored 25 and 28 goals the last 2 yrs.
I dont think he's saying that Lundmark CAN do it, but he is saying that Anson CANNOT. Anson Carter is not Jonh Leclair as much as we want him too be. Neither Carter nor Lundmark are true power forwards

Old
09-23-2003, 08:39 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Neither Carter nor Lundmark are true power forwards
And no one is saying that Carter is. However to say that Lundmark goes to the net as much as Carter does is simply not true. Do you consider Glen Murray a true power forward? If you do, I'd like to know why. The point is that Carter's game is similar to Murray, but NEITHER of them can be considered a true PF. But BOTH play their size correctly when it comes to being around the net.

Old
09-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
And no one is saying that Carter is. However to say that Lundmark goes to the net as much as Carter does is simply not true. Do you consider Glen Murray a true power forward? If you do, I'd like to know why. The point is that Carter's game is similar to Murray, but NEITHER of them can be considered a true PF. But BOTH play their size correctly when it comes to being around the net.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Lindros have his most NYR success on the FLY line and with Rucinski and Bure? Why not try Lundmark? If Carter is also more of a grinder then why not drop him to Holik to help grind the puck in the corners... he'd be a little more reliable then Lundmark on defense which could help against Sundin type lines. Whats the harm in testing it for a couple games? You could always move them back.

Old
09-23-2003, 08:47 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
I dont think he's saying that Lundmark CAN do it, but he is saying that Anson CANNOT. Anson Carter is not Jonh Leclair as much as we want him too be. Neither Carter nor Lundmark are true power forwards
And for the 100th time nobody is saying Anson is a PF BUT it is undeniable that he scores the vast majority of his goals from within 5 ft of the net.

He does get the garbage goals, the rebounds infront and the slam dunks in the goal mouth and anybody saying Jamie plays the same way is either out of their minds or they simply don't watch the games.It's as simple as that.

Old
09-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
JR, I'm not saying Lundmark is like an Adam Graves or stands 2 feet from the goalie but he's not afraid to get in close either, that's the only point I was trying to make. And trust me, I'm watching.

Old
09-23-2003, 08:58 AM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
would you do a Comrie for Lundmark trade Comrie we know has good chemestry with Carter?

Old
09-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
would you do a Comrie for Lundmark trade Comrie we know has good chemestry with Carter?
No

They wouldn't be on the same line anyways

Old
09-23-2003, 09:03 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
Of coarse we would.

And since your here Brew how would you describe how Anson scores his goals?

Are they not of the garbage variety, the majority of the time from within 5 ft of the net?

Are they not clean up goals and slam dunks from infront of the net?

Old
09-23-2003, 09:05 AM
Theoren Fan

There is a good argument for wanting Cater with Lundmark and Jamie with Holik, and equally as good as argument for wanting to try Lundmark with Lindros and putting Carter with Holik. Just realize that none of this will really matter if Eric Lindros repeats his crap from last year. He'll just likely drag down the production of whoever plays with him anyway.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:08 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundyfan
JR, I'm not saying Lundmark is like an Adam Graves or stands 2 feet from the goalie but he's not afraid to get in close either, that's the only point I was trying to make. And trust me, I'm watching.
Lundy's biggest weakness jhas been undenaible not being strong enough on his skates.

He DOES NOT set up 2 ft from the goalie nor should he.That's not his game.

And the whole point of this is the ridiculous comment that Lundy who has scored all of 8 F'in goals in his career DOES NOT go to the net as Anson does and does not score goals from within 5 ft of the net on rebounds and dunks.

The guy doesn't even have enough goals to even establish a track record to back up such a false statement as Aneirin's and of his 8 MAYBE one was from going to the net for a rebound or slamdunk opportunity.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Barnaby

Know one knows who Lindros plays better with. I say give Jamie a shot and if hes better then let him stay and if not move Anson back. It's not as if that line has been lighting it up. Who would have thought that York and Lindros or Rucinsky and Lindros would play well together. Can't hurt to try it.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Theoren Fan

Quote:
Of coarse we would.
Why?

This "picking up players for the main reason of getting someone else going" crap is starting to get ridiculous. Where would he play with Carter anyways? No room at center which he his normal position and has played for the most part of his career if I'm not mistaken and I very well could be. We already picked up Rucinsky to get Lindros going, can't put Comrie on LW as well to get Anson going now too.

I understand he might be a better player, but so we trade for him..what then? I thought everybody already had enough of picking up players now and figuring out where to play them later. Lets just stick with players that already fit and see what they can do first.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:18 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
'THE GUY HAS 8 ****ING GOALS IN HIS CAREER so what the F are you talking about???'

Someone needs some anger management. Perhaps you've forgotten that we've also seen him score some goals in Hartford and some goals in pre-season. I'm pretty sure I can notice a trend. Like the way he likes driving hard to the net down the left side, taking the pass and dropping down on one knee to power roof it to the far side. Yeah, I think I've watched Lundmark and seen how he likes scoring goals. Also seems to me that getting open in the slot usually means you're driving to the net (unless you're Lindros and are sort of drifting around).

'As for Carter not scoring almsot all of his goals from rebounds and getting to the front of the net'

Did I not say that he pounces on rebounds. You seem to be under the impression that he sets up shop on the crease and is immovable and scores most of his goals that way. Maybe you should go educate yourself a bit.
Oh, so now preseason goals and AHL goals convert to being able to doing the same thing during the regular season against ALL "A" squads I guess???

And just how many goals did you see him score in Hartford and how did you view them???On what Channel?And being that only 3 preseason games were tevelised last yr how did you see all those goals to know how they were scored and in what manner??

And that goal you described was off an ODDMAN RUSH, not relevant to the situation at all!!!!Too funny.

And as for the Carter stuff, Your grasping here.I made it 100% clear how I decribed Carter's play and you come in with your nonsense stance that Jamie goes to the net and is as effective in doing so then Anson has been which is complete BS plain and simple.

And show me one psrt of this thread or any other where I say Anson sets up shop and is an immovable force infront of the net ala LeClair or Tkachuk.

Anson is a consistent 20+ goal scorer and the bulk of them all come front the front of the net.You want to dispute that be my guess but it's a losing battle.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:22 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Why?
I understand he might be a better player, but so we trade for him..what then?
There is no might in that sentence.Comrie IS the better player by a good margin at this point and there would be no way in hell Lowe would ship Comrie for Lundy alone.

That's usually a sign that you make the trade if somehow offered which it wouldn't be but for arguements sake.

Even if he didn't fit into our lineup he is a significantly more valuable asset then is Lundy and we can even flip him for an upgrade somewhere else that fits into our plans.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:23 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
\Yes, Lundmark drives the net at least as much as Carter. No bout adoubt it.
Classic!

Old
09-23-2003, 10:14 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Lindros have his most NYR success on the FLY line and with Rucinski and Bure? Why not try Lundmark? If Carter is also more of a grinder then why not drop him to Holik to help grind the puck in the corners... he'd be a little more reliable then Lundmark on defense which could help against Sundin type lines. Whats the harm in testing it for a couple games? You could always move them back.
I am not saying not to give anything a shot. I am just saying that Carter and Lundmark have 2 different games and that Carter is a similar player to Glen Murray. If Murray was here, would you throw him on a 3rd line so that Lundmark can play w/ Lindros?
Don't get me wrong, I think that Jaime is going to be a top 2 line player for us for many years (providing Jackass does not trade him). However, I don't know if he is the better option THIS year to play w/ Lindros instead of Carter. I did not say not to try this during preseason to see how it works. I am just saying that Anson may be the better option there THIS year.

Old
09-23-2003, 10:49 AM
TKLOOCH22

Both Anson and Jamie have done nothing to warrant that 1st line spot. Jamie does have more offensive flair and could create chemistry with Rucinsky. The point of a line isnt to piece together 3 different players with 3 different styles, its to find 3 guys with chemistry. Just because Lindros and Rucinsky aren't board and crease mongers it doesn't mean play a guy who is with them. Right now, would you split up the Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev line just because no one is a PF, crease type of a guy? No. They have chemistry together and know each others next move. So take Carter away from the offensive stars and he is a regular 3rd-4th liner. Thats why he should be off to Minnesota. :p

Some internet source, NJ Journal perhaps, said that Sather might move Moore to wing. If Lundmark doesn't stick with Rucinsky and Lindros, then its Moore's turn.

Old
09-23-2003, 10:53 AM
Edge

Carter and Murray in the same sentence? What i miss the past several years. They belong in the same sentence the same way Ryan Smyth and Ethan Moreau belong in the same sentence as corner wingman.

In theory Carter is the best fit for for Lindros but if it aint working, it aint working. Not amount of talent of "Style" changes the fact that there has been little spark between em.

Carter always has been and always will be overrated. He's not a bad player, just overrated. He was never a power forward in fact ever since his Washington days the biggest complaint was from people expecting him to be a power forward. On his own he is a 20 goal, 40 point player, a nice second or third line player. Most of his production in Edmonton was the benefit of the players he played with. They made him better, NOT the other way around. And there was a reason edmonton fans werent exactly crying that they lost a 25 goal guy. He is very inconsistent and tends to disappear during big games. He isnt physical all the time and he himself often hangs around the perimeter so i dont know where everyone thought he was the defensive/crashing winger for the top line. He was never that type of player to begin with.

Lundmark on the other hand is inexperienced and showed a willingness to hang out in front of the net. There is no size difference between the two. Carter is 6'1,195 ish and Lundmark is 6'0 ,195 {and regardless of reports might be closer to 200}. I dont think 1 inch makes a difference.

Will Lundmark succeed there? Who knows, but he certainly can't have any less chemistry then what Carter has shown on that line.

I still truly believe that carter doesnt want to be here, his heart just isn't here and as funny {and early} as this statement may be, i can easily see him becoming trade bait in a hurry, esp. if Lundmark clicks on that top line.

Old
09-23-2003, 10:55 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
Both Anson and Jamie have done nothing to warrant that 1st line spot. Jamie does have more offensive flair and could create chemistry with Rucinsky.

Anson is a legit top 2 line guy and has been a consistent 20+ goal scorer and 50pt guy.

To say Jamie has more offensive flair at this point is not accurate IMO.Anson is in his prime and has proven to be an effective offensive player, being the leading scorer on a playoff bound Oiler team last yr.

Jamie has scored all of 8 goals in his career.I wouldn't put Jamie above Anson at THIS point in time in any catergory.

Old
09-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Edge

Quote:
Anson is a legit top 2 line guy and has been a consistent 20+ goal scorer and 50pt guy.

To say Jamie has more offensive flair at this point is not accurate IMO.Anson is in his prime and has proven to be an effective offensive player, being the leading scorer on a playoff bound Oiler team last yr.

Jamie has scored all of 8 goals in his career.I wouldn't put Jamie above Anson at THIS point in time in any catergory.

Well no rookie starts above an established player, but by getting ice time you see if they surpase the players currently ahead of them.

in this case Carter hasnt proven anything so lundmark is going to get a chance, he at least deserves that. He's not going to go anywhere or pass anyone if they never give him a shot.

If he doesnt work, he doesnt work but you gotta at least find out. You cant just keep throwing carter out there because he "should" work with that line combo.

And having watched carter very closely for years in edmonton he benefited a lot from a lack of forward depth and from playing with names like smyth, weight and comrie.

Old
09-23-2003, 11:08 AM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:

Jamie shouldn't be put in a category with Anson just because of his inexperience.

And yes, Jamie does have more offensive flair than Carter. Carter has put up points over the years, but he does not have Lundmark's creativity nor his offensive skills.

Carter has no shot at all. From EDM, to the last ten games with Rangers, to this years training camp. I havent seen a shot comparable to Lundmark's. Carter cannot stickhandle and does not have Lundmark's "new school" type of moves. Carter is not a fast skater. Carter does not play a crash and bang style suitable on the 3rd-4th lines. Carter is good on a bad team.

Anson Carter is not the RW for Lindros' line. If he gets pushed down to Holik's line he is still taking up a spot from a guy that has even only a single element to his game. Moore should be on the team and Carter should be gone for a pick or prospect(s).

Old
09-23-2003, 11:12 AM
TKLOOCH22

This situation is what separates the good GM's from the bad. Sather should be maximizing his assets and shipping Carter out of here pronto. A guy like Moore or Stals has shown that he can play with team. There is no use to have Carter around so now Sather can add to the system without taking away anything from the team by getting a good prospect and pick.

Old
09-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Edge

Well i cant say i thing carter should be shipped out but i think he might be a good fit with holik.

I dunno why people think carter on an important third line role is some kind of demotion?

He can pop in 20 goals and play a smart role on the team, as the article it was mentioned in states, the third line cant be an afterthought. It will play an important role this season, or at least SHOULD. Now if they wanted him on the 4th line thats a different story.

Closed Thread