HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Eller + 2013 1st + 2013 2nd(Calgary's) + 2013 2nd(Montreal's)

Old
02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
With the way things are going, it seems like Montreal may pick in the bottom 10-15 come the 2013 draft. You all probably know it is considered one of the deepest draft in the last few years. The top 10 is apparently loaded with talent.

Just looking for people's opinions on that one. I'm not comfortable with trading Eller as he is the biggest center Montreal's got and is playing a nice defensive game right now. Wondering though, how would he and 3 top 60 picks would be worth in a draft? It's likely a terrible idea as it would cripple Montreal's prospect's pool too much but I'm curious what people think it would fetch in the 2013 draft.

A top 5?

A top 10?

Top 10 + mid-level prospect?

None of those?

What do you think your team or you as an individual would be willing to give up?

Edit: What Montreal needs; A big defenseman capable of clearing the front of the net. A center with size and decent playmaking capabilities. A winger with size who can score goals. If a good/serviceable bottom 6 player could be added on top of one of the primary needs, it'd be good.
Mike Komisarik. Seriously, if you thought Armstrong was good -- Komi is an all-star.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Oleg Petrov

To NYI:

Eller
Mtl's 1st
Cgy's 2nd
Mtl's 2nd

To MTL:

Carkner
NYI's 1st

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:07 AM
PricePkPatch*

You gotta have to do better than Carkner, tho. What's the rationale?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You gotta have to do better than Carkner, tho. What's the rationale?
MTL:
Upgrade your first, get tougher on your back-end

NYI:
Upgrade your top 6, actually get better now for a change

Old
02-19-2013, 11:25 AM
PricePkPatch*

I got the upgrade the 1st I meant what does Carkner gives us? Afaik, he would have a hard time cracking our top 6. At best, he would replace Bouillon, who provides some PMD skills in addition to some toughness.

Any spare winger?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Dharvey33

Eller would be awesome on a team like the islanders because he would be on their top 6 without the pressure of producing behind Tavares. I think he could be a 60 points player on the islanders playing 2nd line center and 1st pp unit with Tavares, Streit and Moulson.

But i'd want Nidereiter plus their first for that kind of package. Would be a fair deal, i think the habs finish 7th in the east this year that wouldn't be a bad pick and IMo the isl are finishing 12 th at worst.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
listen, i am a habs fan and i hate to lose vs toronto, boston or flyers.
montreal been lacking grit for the last 5 years. Eller is a good trade piece.
Downie would be an excellent player for our team. so would carcillo.
I can agree that it would be a little over payed if Eller was traded for
carcillo but Habs need those types of players. You can make them play
on the 3rd or 4th and move them up if ever your playing the bruins or leafs.
we cannot have Gallagher and Gorges stepping up for the team anymore just
because Moen and Armstrong arent doing it.
Prust is a lonely fighter with the habs and Ryan White takes dumb penalties...
Eller isn't effective if hes playing on the 4th line..
anyway you have tons of players like Dumont, Leblanc, Bournival, Vail and if not
another player with our 1st round draft coming up.
If Eller doesn't have an official spot on the 3 first lines right now he really
wont in 1 or 2 years from now either.
Dude my bad the way I read it I understood you wanted to give up Eller and both the seconds for those guys, Eller straight up might be a little much but I agree that it's a sacrifice we could afford to make for toughness but it's gotta be for downie (much younger, fits in with most of our young core)

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
I got the upgrade the 1st I meant what does Carkner gives us? Afaik, he would have a hard time cracking our top 6. At best, he would replace Bouillon, who provides some PMD skills in addition to some toughness.

Any spare winger?
Carkner is your 7th D. He plays against BOS, BUF & TOR and maybe in the playoffs and he also adds depth. He fights and clears the front of the net. He would help this team in those tough games.

NYI could add or a pick could be taken out of the deal. But I think Carkner is the kind of player the Habs need for a long playoff run.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:56 AM
PricePkPatch*

We already have 7D, albeit soft ones. Tell me, how is Carkner's passing? Not asking if it's a big part of his game, just if he is actually competent for breakout passes. A big part of the Habs' Gameplan this year comes from quick release by the Ds to clear the zone fast. I'd love a tough guy, but if he doesn't fit...

How good is he a PK?

Old
02-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
We already have 7D, albeit soft ones. Tell me, how is Carkner's passing? Not asking if it's a big part of his game, just if he is actually competent for breakout passes. A big part of the Habs' Gameplan this year comes from quick release by the Ds to clear the zone fast. I'd love a tough guy, but if he doesn't fit...

How good is he a PK?
Puck Moving, 6ft+, can fight, intimidates.

There are only a handful in the league: kronwall etc.

Carkner is serviceable, not a great puck mover, but good room guy who stands up for his teammates.

He is a great player to have if they draw Boston or Toronto in a series. Otherwise he doesn't really play.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
i have absolutely no hate for Price.

even if you said it again and again, you cant make me a Price hater just by saying it.

Trading for Luongo contradicts your theory, which is that with the salary structure, high paid goaltenders are not worth getting paid like star players. And now you want to have a Price-Luongo tandem with a combined salary of 11.75M a year ? At least be consistent. (unless you're trolling...)

Last edited by FF de Mars: 02-19-2013 at 02:16 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Drydenwasthebest

I like the idea of getting Carkner in Montreal. I do not like the hefty price being asked for him and the supposed upgrade. At this point we have no clue where the Isles or the Habs will end up. The Habs may end up with the higher pick than the Isles. What does that trade look like then? I would rather we work something out with the Islanders around picks/prospects for Carkner. Trying to steal a homerun for the supposed upgrade is too dangerous and uncertain. Heck, what if the upgrade is simply from the #20 spot to the # 16 spot? There are just too many variables to take that kind of a trading risk. It would be an absolute mismanagement of our assets...especially with the way Timmins drafts!

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote