HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 15: Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks - Feb 19 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 03:25 PM
CCF23

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post

Never trade this man. Find a way to splice Luongo and Schneider together into one person.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Luongo:

28 GP, 15 W, 9 L, 1 T, 2 OTL, 2.18 GAA, .930 SVP, 4 SO

Schneider:

3 GP, 1 W, 1 L, 0 T, 0 OTL, 4.06 GAA, .885 SVP, 0 SO
Looking at these numbers, I really want Lu to start for this one.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Old
02-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Scurr
Bear G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Blake Price is the worst by far. He will never give the team credit and always brings up the what if worse scenerio. He claims he saw the Kings first round victory happening and was predicting it for the last half of the year. Well predicting the Canucks are not going to win the cup is a pretty good way to feel good about yourself. Blake has zero insight into the game. He talks super slow repeating himself as he does not have much to say. Does not really even have a opinion just a general that the Canucks suck and i am right because look they did not win the Cup. Actually his is not a lot different from many posters on here.
The whole lot of them are terrible. I used to find Gallagher somewhat entertaining but lately it seems like he's set out to sabotage the team. He can't stand when we're good. This team has been crazy successful the last few seasons and guys like Ken Hitchcock and Pierre McGuire (just today) are glowing about our team. Meanwhile our media acts like going 8-2-2 without Ryan Kesler is unremarkable.

Mike Gillis and AV get nowhere near the credit they should here and league wide because our media won't acknowledge it. They're both elite at what they do imo.

They can't comment on the teams success because they don't know enough about the game to figure out why. So instead they butcher stats and make up controversies and otherwise add to the instability of our fan base. People need to enjoy this team. Getting to watch this level of play on most nights is a real luxury imo, I've watched much worse.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Pip
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Don't really care which goalie plays right now

Want to see our defense step up, specifically Bieksa and Edler. Bieksa has been horrible and needs to get back on track and Edler seems like two different players which change every single shift he takes. He has all the skills of a number one and with Hamhuis beside him, I hope to see Alex really break out.

If anything I want to see Kassian be involved, I don't care if he still struggles offensively, just get some good hits, go into those scrums, maybe get in a fight. Kid needs some spark

Old
02-18-2013, 03:44 PM
keslerburrows

I hope Booth plays in this one. He scored his first goal for us against Chicago, in Chicago.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Looking at these numbers, I really want Lu to start for this one.
Remember how great Schneider was against Dallas...

Old
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
luongo321

I think this will be a season-defining game like many Chicago games from previous seasons.

Toews was so quiet the last time we played them. I think it was because Kesler wasn't there. I can't wait to see these two harrass each other again. It's not the same chicago rivalry without kesler.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Grub
First Line Troll

I'm liking our offensive guns more and more, this is clearly a stronger group of forwards with the added young guns then last year.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:56 PM
David71

booth will score

Old
02-18-2013, 04:07 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
I'll probably get roasted for this but I would put booth with Kesler and Higgins and tell lappy-Weise-Kassian to hit the snot out of every hawk! That would be a phenomenal 4th line and if the Sedins get roughed up you easily throw kassian up on the top line.

I want to see Edler Garrison and kassian really set a physical tone. I can't wait for his game.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Pip

This game will be filled with emotion and be exponentially more eventful than the last one vs Chicago. Book it.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Pip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
I'll probably get roasted for this but I would put booth with Kesler and Higgins and tell lappy-Weise-Kassian to hit the snot out of every hawk! That would be a phenomenal 4th line and if the Sedins get roughed up you easily throw kassian up on the top line.

I want to see Edler Garrison and kassian really set a physical tone. I can't wait for his game.
If you want physical play, swap our Weise for Volpatti, he can fight better too

Old
02-18-2013, 04:13 PM
David71

expect some fistacuffs early on to set the tone in the united center tmr. big hits. lots of penalties.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Smokey McCanucks

I don't expect this game to have a lot of fireworks or shenanigans physically-wise, it's too important. Chicago is trying to set a record and we are trying to stop them. We play them again right before the end of the season, by that time we will know what the standings are gonna look like and if we need to send a message we can do it then. This one we actually need a win, like really it is a must-win. No dumb stuff. Anybody know who the refs are? Please no O'Halloran, Rooney, or Hebert!

Old
02-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Grumbler

I have a feeling tomorrow's game will end in a blowout, since there is always a blowout game every season between these two teams. I just don't know which way it will go. God help us.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post

Problem is the Hawks want that style because they'll outplay the fourth line handily and I'd rather not them go anywhere near Chicago's top two lines. If we go with a physical line, they should barely see much ice time.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbler View Post
I have a feeling tomorrow's game will end in a blowout, since there is always a blowout game every season between these two teams. I just don't know which way it will go. God help us.
We beat them 2-1 in a terribly inconsistent game already.

Besides, Emery is starting. We never light up backups.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday

Huh, apparently the Canucks brought back the option the watch games online (for a price).
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=61414

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Old
02-18-2013, 04:48 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Huh, apparently the Canucks brought back the option the watch games online (for a price).
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=61414
I'll just watch on my TV since Centre Ice is only $49 this year. Even if I don't get the Habs feed for their game against the Hurricanes because TSN are **********.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
I'll just watch on my TV since Centre Ice is only $49 this year. Even if I don't get the Habs feed for their game against the Hurricanes because TSN are **********.
This is for BC/Yukon residents only anyway. It's basically for those that are affected by regional blackouts on GameCenter Live.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

Has Raymond passed on his falling down disease to Higgins?

Old
02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Pip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
I don't expect this game to have a lot of fireworks or shenanigans physically-wise, it's too important. Chicago is trying to set a record and we are trying to stop them. We play them again right before the end of the season, by that time we will know what the standings are gonna look like and if we need to send a message we can do it then. This one we actually need a win, like really it is a must-win. No dumb stuff. Anybody know who the refs are? Please no O'Halloran, Rooney, or Hebert!
I find that the higher the stakes, the more emotion and from that emotion you get a lot rough stuff. Both teams try to get lots of hits

Old
02-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Win One Before I Die
Cautious Optimism

Finally a team that we don't seem to struggle against. Dallas and St Louis have had our number FOREVER.

Not saying Chicago will be easier but I look forward to this bounce back victory

Old
02-18-2013, 05:20 PM
VanEric

We're going to likely have to go through Chicago in the playoffs. May as well get Schneider some more experience dealing with their shooters.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

I hope AV has a white towel and a hockey stick ready.

Closed Thread