HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 QMJHL draft as of Feb 2013

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
NOT SMALL.....5'11 is a decent height and 170 is a good weight for a kid that age.......small is when you are talking 5'9 and less.......for a 97, a lean athlete in shape is often between 160 and 170, which is normal........this same guy could grow to be 190 by 18 and over 6 feet
-------------The Joke-----------------

-------------Your Head----------------

He was kidding

Old
05-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Cedream

I'm gonna go to Gatorade this weekend. My first time! Cant wait to see the price they'll charge lol... ill expect like 8-10$

Old
05-06-2013, 08:54 PM
UncMike

This website (http://www.oursportscentral.com/sports/?l_id=112) posted 3 hours ago that the CSR list was out......yet they don't have the list on their site????.....anyone heard anything yet?

Old
05-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncMike View Post
This website (http://www.oursportscentral.com/sports/?l_id=112) posted 3 hours ago that the CSR list was out......yet they don't have the list on their site????.....anyone heard anything yet?
It will be made public tomorrow morning.

Old
05-06-2013, 10:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I really wonder who will be number 1... I know a few people say its J.Roy..

Old
05-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Hockey Buff

FIRST ROUND 2013 CSRhttp://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/uploads/asset...IERE_RONDE.PDF

Old
05-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

To those who have seen him, is it surprising that Pickard isn't ranked in the first round?

Old
05-07-2013, 08:25 AM
UncMike

Just wish they would reveal the whole list so we can start the countdown till June....

Old
05-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I really wonder who will be number 1... I know a few people say its J.Roy..
The real question is, will CB pick the best player available and trade them if they don't want to report or will they pick the best player available that will report. Another option could be to move down but with all the negative press lately, they need to brag about a #1 pick lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
To those who have seen him, is it surprising that Pickard isn't ranked in the first round?
Not really. It's the CSR list and they rarely rank players outside of Quebec generously. If they have him in the 5th round in their final list, then I'll be surprised lol

Old
05-07-2013, 09:00 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
saw him at the reebook challenge in november & and last weekend and not at all.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Oilersfan2487

[QUOTE=Adam Tilander;65495073]The real question is, will CB pick the best player available and trade them if they don't want to report or will they pick the best player available that will report. Another option could be to move down but with all the negative press lately, they need to brag about a #1 pick lol

That is a very interesting question. With their Head coach/ General Manager Marc Andre Dumont having roots in Lac St Louis region where he coached the Chateauguay Patriotes and prior to that an assistant coach to Guy Boucher with the Lac St Louis Lions, then the West Island Lions, do you think he reaches for Daniel Sprong who has limited academic options in the more predominant French Q cities and would absolutely report to Cape Breton.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:29 AM
hab 4ever

[QUOTE=Oilersfan2487;65501301]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
The real question is, will CB pick the best player available and trade them if they don't want to report or will they pick the best player available that will report. Another option could be to move down but with all the negative press lately, they need to brag about a #1 pick lol

That is a very interesting question. With their Head coach/ General Manager Marc Andre Dumont having roots in Lac St Louis region where he coached the Chateauguay Patriotes and prior to that an assistant coach to Guy Boucher with the Lac St Louis Lions, then the West Island Lions, do you think he reaches for Daniel Sprong who has limited academic options in the more predominant French Q cities and would absolutely report to Cape Breton.
Though several teams in the top-8 could accomodate Sprong academically such as St-John's, Sherbrooke, Acadie-Bathurst (twice) and Gatineau. Thus, I doubt it is an issue for Sprong. I think they will go for Nicolas Roy who is ranked no. 1 anyway. Abitibi kids usually report wherever they are picked. If not N. Roy, than Maritimer N. Noel. Can't see either Gaulois going to Cape Breton though.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:32 AM
hab 4ever

Quote:

Not really. It's the CSR list and they rarely rank players outside of Quebec generously. If they have him in the 5th round in their final list, then I'll be surprised lol
Please. Look at the 2011 and 2012 CSR lists. Players from outside Quebec are ranked properly and generously. If you had seen Pickard play this past week-end, you would have realized that he simply was not a top-18 player on the ice compared to the rest of the top 97s. Enough of that cheap regionalism.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:00 PM
localfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Please. Look at the 2011 and 2012 CSR lists. Players from outside Quebec are ranked properly and generously. If you had seen Pickard play this past week-end, you would have realized that he simply was not a top-18 player on the ice compared to the rest of the top 97s. Enough of that cheap regionalism.
His skating isn't near what it needs to be to play in the Q! And he falls down easily when bumped. Size is sometimes just that...

Old
05-07-2013, 12:31 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
I think he has always been a bit over-rated, would have been shocked if he was in the first round tbh.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:41 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
I think he has always been a bit over-rated, would have been shocked if he was in the first round tbh.
I talked to a guy from NS that said team NS had a disappointing performance at the Q cup that know one stood out.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
goodguy5

How do you have a scouting list with not one New England kid on it .
Until this league starts acknowledging these kids they will never consider
Playing in the Q . The top player by far is from New England too bad this
League keeps dropping the ball recruiting americans

Old
05-07-2013, 12:56 PM
usascout1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguy5 View Post
Agreed. Also, Noah Hanifin, Colin White, and Cameron Askew from New England should be in the top 10. The QMJHL needs to do a better job recruiting kids from the states with upside like these three have.

Old
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
This depends on your perspective. Why would the Q cater to Americans anyway? Its a Canadian league with teams that operate in Canada. People who buy the tickets might not get as excited about a player from New England as they would from a local kid.

As a fan, I don't want them recruiting Americans, they have prep school, the USHL and other Junior leagues then NCAA. Speaking of that, the NCAA has very strict rules regarding CHL players joining their ranks, would you support all the NCAA hockey teams full of Canadians?

Old
05-07-2013, 01:01 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
the quebec crop is way stronger this year....has been all year in any tournament
hmm, don't agree... NB proved that last weekend

Old
05-07-2013, 01:06 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
His skating is not very good ,as other kids have narrowed the gap size wise he is not as an effective player.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Hanafin/White should be at the top for sure.

Old
05-07-2013, 01:32 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:

Last year, CSR had 6 Maritimers in the top-18 (9 in the top-22). What is a lack of generosity? http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/uploads/asset..._May_2012.pdf? The year before, 5 out the top 18.
Lack of generosity?

Anyway, what strikes me this year is not the birthplace of the top-18 players. It is that 10 of the top-18 are defencemen!! There are usually only 5 or 6 defencemen in the CSR's top-18. Besides, as opposed to the other years, most of the topdefencemen can be rounded out to 6'0" which means that should they develop well, they might have some pro future.

Old
05-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Scarecrow Boat

lol people have been stating CSR doesn't give much love outside of Quebec for years but when I say it all of a sudden it's out of line and untrue

It had nothing to do with Pickard and if people read the entire post you would see I said it only concerns me if they rank him somewhere stupid like the 5th round, which they didn't. They put him 30th... No big deal

Silly overreactions, typical HFboards stuff though.

The lack of goalies on the list is hilarious. Might be a high scoring league if this keeps up

Old
05-07-2013, 02:29 PM
localfan

Full list is posted to the site now.

Closed Thread