HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 QMJHL draft as of Feb 2013

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Pilgore88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Is everyone aware that cape breton is moving as of next year to SOREL TRACY.....AS REPORTED ON TVA SPORTS SEVERAL DAYS AGO
http://www.capebretonpost.com/Sports...down-rumours/1

Old
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
CAPE BRETON is losing the team.....they are moving as of next season to SOREL TRACY...... as reported on tva sports a week ago.....should be officially announced before the draft.......SOREL TRACY IS PROUD TO SELECT............
This was an interview, with the President of the Eagles written 4 days ago:

http://www.capebretonpost.com/Sports...down-rumours/1

Old
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

No guys, lets listen to the random HF poster rather than the president of the actualy team. He obviously knows more.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
No guys, lets listen to the random HF poster rather than the president of the actualy team. He obviously knows more.
I'm not saying they are moving, but it wouldn't be the first time an organization has claimed they weren't moving but did... remember the Maineiacs?

http://www.sunjournal.com/city/story/1038941

Old
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
hab 4ever

I doubt Both CaG players report to CB. Could be Noel or N. Roy then . BPA is J. Roy though (ask any Q scout lately). Sucks that CB won't get the no. 1 player though the drop off between J. Roy and Noel is much, much smaller (both are legitimate NHL prospects and Q stars) then say... the drop between Jonathan Drouin and Justin Guénette lol.

Old
04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Well, that is correct....it is the nature of the beast.....scoutman 1 is right and is telling it like it is.......this is where the mental toughness of the kid shows up and wanting to prove everybody right or wrong.
Quote:
easy boys...a little early to talk about nhl do you not think...geeez.....let them play their first junior game first.......this kind of talk is what kills kids........lets see what they do in junior first
The irony of these posts after what he's said in the QMJHL section about Noel being too small and saying Noel won't be an NHLer

Old
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM
hab 4ever

Also top QMJHL expert Stéphane tweeted that the Screaming Eagles would most likely pick Nicolas Roy first overall

Old
04-05-2013, 08:37 PM
tummy

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;63139347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Ya Bower is pretty gritty and I have him in my top five NB forwards who would be... Bower, Leblanc (can't deny the scoring) and I think his physical play is improving, Tompkins (can't deny the two way player he is) and Ward (another good two way player). Vance isn't really a forward in my mind, I remember him at the ACC as a defense and thought he was one of the best there.

Paul seems to have deceptive speed, he really can motor when he takes the rush. I wish he would do it more, I think that plays better to his skill set. Hachey is big... and I think a decent skater, certainly better than some of the others, just not as fast as Paul. Hachey to me has more of a physical side to his game so far and I think he has a good shot.[/QU

I don't want to pick a kid apart but I think Hachey has good size but doesn't think the game fast enough which is why he has so many turnovers and is out of posistion often, he is a strong north -south skater but his lateral ability is questionable IMO this is why he gets walked around so often if those things improve he could turn out to be an ok Dman.The only real physical D on the team is Deschene due to the fact that he is a 200 lbs at 15, Will Thompson can play the physical from time to time.It will be interesting to see how Becker looks after being at OHA again this year.

I agree with you about Vance being a better D than Forward not sure if it was his choice to move to forward or the coach on his midget team moved him there? and he can play physical!

Old
04-05-2013, 08:44 PM
tummy

Quote:
Ya Bower is pretty gritty and I have him in my top five NB forwards who would be... Bower, Leblanc (can't deny the scoring) and I think his physical play is improving, Tompkins (can't deny the two way player he is) and Ward (another good two way player). Vance isn't really a forward in my mind, I remember him at the ACC as a defense and thought he was one of the best there.

Paul seems to have deceptive speed, he really can motor when he takes the rush. I wish he would do it more, I think that plays better to his skill set. Hachey is big... and I think a decent skater, certainly better than some of the others, just not as fast as Paul. Hachey to me has more of a physical side to his game so far and I think he has a good shot.[/QU

I don't want to pick a kid apart but I think Hachey has good size but doesn't think the game fast enough which is why he has so many turnovers and is out of posistion often, he is a strong north -south skater but his lateral ability is questionable IMO this is why he gets walked around so often if those things improve he could turn out to be an ok Dman.The only real physical D on the team is Deschene due to the fact that he is a 200 lbs at 15, Will Thompson can play the physical from time to time.It will be interesting to see how Becker looks after being at OHA again this year.

I agree with you about Vance being a better D than Forward not sure if it was his choice to move to forward or the coach on his midget team moved him there? and he can play physical!

Old
04-05-2013, 08:56 PM
tummy

Quote:

Old
04-05-2013, 09:13 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=tummy;63396321]Hello are you out there !

Old
04-08-2013, 10:41 AM
IslandScouter

Any updates after Major Midget Atlantics?

Old
04-08-2013, 11:43 AM
BEARS4

Major Midget Atlantics

In watching all the games and keeping a eye on the 97's playing in this tournament,I would say the Phillip Myers from Moncton is the player who impressed me the most. He has grown and fits in well with the older players. He has to work on his skating but he is an excellent prospect. He should be drafted fairly high, only Thompson and Decshene are ahead of him in NB for Dmen.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:34 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARS4 View Post
In watching all the games and keeping a eye on the 97's playing in this tournament,I would say the Phillip Myers from Moncton is the player who impressed me the most. He has grown and fits in well with the older players. He has to work on his skating but he is an excellent prospect. He should be drafted fairly high, only Thompson and Decshene are ahead of him in NB for Dmen.
Time will tell where he fits in with the top D in NB he is a 5 or 6 guy on team NB , The Gold Cup in May will give a better picture of these 97's.

IMO

Old
04-08-2013, 12:38 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

saw Myers at the Reebook challenge in November and was one of the few kids from the maritimes who impressed me at the challenge. Same goes for Alexandre Jacob

Old
04-08-2013, 01:12 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post
saw Myers at the Reebook challenge in November and was one of the few kids from the maritimes who impressed me at the challenge. Same goes for Alexandre Jacob
Moncton was the only team to go from NB though right?

Old
04-08-2013, 01:31 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Moncton was the only team to go from NB though right?
Correct

Old
04-08-2013, 01:53 PM
BEARS4

Major Midget Atlantics

In watching the major midget league all year and knowing Will Thompson is a top prospect there is no way Myers will be a 5 or 6 dmen at U16 for team NB. I have not seen Becker play in a while so I can't comment on his progress but with Myer's size and athletic ability he is a rising prospect, but I may be wrong. If he is given a chance to play at the Gold Cup, I think he will prove himself.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:49 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

hockey prospect preliminary top10 ranking for the Q draft

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-q...q-draft-top-10

Old
04-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
hockey prospect preliminary top10 ranking for the Q draft

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-q...q-draft-top-10
Is there any reason for the rankings being the way they are? The article just says the list in paragraph form

Old
04-09-2013, 12:04 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Is there any reason for the rankings being the way they are? The article just says the list in paragraph form
ranking are at the bottom of the article no ?

Old
04-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
ranking are at the bottom of the article no ?
Ye, I'm seeing the rankings. But the article is just a paragraph form of the rankings - Example "Player A is ranked 1st followed by Player B ranked 2nd"

No analysis/reasoning for the rankings?

Old
04-09-2013, 12:52 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Ye, I'm seeing the rankings. But the article is just a paragraph form of the rankings - Example "Player A is ranked 1st followed by Player B ranked 2nd"

No analysis/reasoning for the rankings?
Our QMJHL Draft guide will be published in May with complete scouting report.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Our QMJHL Draft guide will be published in May with complete scouting report.
Ah! So it's just a little tease I get ya now. Definitely will draw some attention putting Hanifin first.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
This report you are referring to is called THE 2013 CSR LIST. This list is a possible preview of what the draft may look like in June. As usual there will be many differences in the actual draft. As teams know what they want and roles they want to fill. So A player scheduled to go in the third round may end up in the second round because that team really needs that type of player and they do not want to lose him.

even the first round will have changes. The CSR list may have someone listed in first round and he may go only in second round....or a top five pick may end up being drafted at the bottom of the first round. It happens every year. Aa guy listed in the 7th round may go in the 4th or 5th round. That has also happened on numerous occasions. The CSR guys only see a certain amount of games and this list was created to help the teams with players they may not have seen. However, the Q scouts really get around and they have seen alot on many occasions and know why certain players were played a certain way by certain teams, etc. This is why the Qq scouts take this CSR list on May 1st with a grain of salt as the list is somewhat superficial. It is not as efficient as the CSR list for the NHL.
No... I think he's talking about the list/scouting report that the website he works for is going to produce and publish.

Closed Thread