HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 1 | NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | May 1 | 7:30pm | PART II | L 5-0

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
ECQF Game 1 | NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | May 1 | 7:30pm | PART II | L 5-0

Continue...

Main GDT here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1417047

05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
Let's hear what Cappy has to say in the postgame. This should be good.
I know what I'd say....

My team left their balls back in New York.

Garth may want to retool a bit by the time this series is over.

And by the way, I know it was for the wrong reasons but my highlight was seeing Matt Moulson on the 4th line. He's a friggin liability. Unless he's tapping in goals into empty nets from 2 feet out, he's missing the next, getting knocked down, or busy wondering why his mom and dad didn't start him earlier in skating clinics as a kid.

Old
Strome18

The TEAM played like crap. Nabby has never been known as a playoff goalie.

The "D" played like they were in mud. I hope the time off was the cause for this disaster.

30 minutes of power play training yesterday.

Old
No Need To Vanek

Put Boulton and Carkner on the first shift Friday and hit them in the ****ing mouth.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:15 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

We laid a stinker against the top team in the Conference at their barn in our first playoff game in many, many years. It's one game.

They got bullied, embarrassed, and totally run over. This is playoff hockey. They better rebound next game.

Old
cjdv16

If I hear any more bull **** about Nabokov taking a shot in the face, and that impacting the game, I'm gonna snap.

The game was lost 2 minutes in when Brian Strait showed why he's a career minor leaguer.

And to think, we signed that scrub for 3 more years.

Bum.

Old
wingnutks

Wondering if anyone actually watched this game? All I hear is the Isles are a bunch of *****s and they are getting manhandled..... blah blah ****ing blah. The Isles out hit the Pens. They lost cuz they played bad D and couldnt get anywhere near the net. Had nothing to do with them not ****ing hitting.

Old
Isles Junkie

Rookie mistake by me. I'm out of scotch & I also have no ice cream left. So depressed.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:16 PM
KyleBailey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
the fact that the Islanders did not instigate at least one scrap in the third speaks volumes about this teams heart.

Its one thing to get beat by better talent its quite another to get thrown in the mud and not get up and take a swing
Yeah, but if you were a Pen why do you fight up 5-0 in the third? It takes two to tango.

Old
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
OK so they laid an egg. Put it in the rear view mirror and steal game two. You all need to stop the winning in here it is getting almost unbearable to read.

Old
lorwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rko920 View Post
Put Boulton and Carkner on the first shift Friday and hit them in the ****ing mouth.
a little late. the last thing they need to do is to put the most talented team on the pp. tonight was the night to pop someone in the jaw.

Old
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
We laid a stinker against the top team in the Conference at their barn in our first playoff game in many, many years. It's one game.

They got bullied, embarrassed, and totally run over. This is playoff hockey. They better rebound next game.
We'll see about that with these gutless pukes.

Old
burana800

If I have to find the silver lining.. The goals Pens scored were not typical goals against us I think. Two individual shots on the top shelf, two rubbish goals and one I cant remember. Usually I can feel the goal coming..

Old
bigtim1988
veteran user.

why was reasoner even playing?? i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw him on the ice, i said to myself " this isnt good"

Old
InformTheMasses

As I said in the GDT Bylsma went to school. Triple team Tavares and shut down the Neilsen-Bailey Okpos line and the Islanders can't score and the Penguins can pinch and rush the puck all night without fear.

Here is a list of issues/deficiencies for the Islanders (granted these aren't ALL of them but these are the most glaring):

1. Coaching. While this staff got the guys to buy into a system a few weeks ago after all distractions were removed. They are woefully inadequate at personnel decisions, changes and making adjustments, in game decision making is non existent (unless its benching a rookie for eternity for pulling a Moulson (not backchecking))
2. They don’t have a first line. Triple cover Tavares and Moulson and Boyes are unable to create for themselves, this line is rendered ineffective and pinned in their own zone far two often.
3. First Line gets pushed around and is unwilling and unable to win pucks and liberties get taken when three softies are on the ice at the same time (when this line receives the most playing time, it becomes a much bigger issue)
4. This team lacks a true 1st pairing defense. Hamonic actually stepped up, But Andrew MacDonald isn’t a first pairing defenseman in HIS DREAMS.
5. Tonight Keith Aucoin and Marty Reasoner were are 3rd and 4th line centers
6. Tonight Goaltending was horrendous.

What can Eric Boulton and Matt Carkner do to improve any of those areas? It’s a rhetorical question of course as they are of no use.

If you want to have a chance to win a game or two against Pittsburgh, you must attack their weakness’.

A very shaky rebound happy goaltender, that has struggled in the playoffs in recent years. He is under a lot of pressure off the ice, would be nice to put some pressure on him ON THE ICE. CRASH THE NET, Make him feel uncomfortable, make him pay for kicking the puck out.
A weak Penalty Killing Unit. A net front presence is needed (Not Moulson standing alone trying to time a deflection while everyone leaves him alone and gives Fleury a clean look at shots. A guy who will stand in front of the goalie and make his life HELL trying to track the puck. (Martin, Lee,)
A defense that can be exposed when facing speed. Make the Penguins less comfortable rushing the puck up ice, make them second guess pinching in. Get the transition game going, more speed and skill required.

Muscle needs to be added to the first line. A net front presence needs to be tougher in front of fleury on the PP, Crashing the net must be a CONSTANT. Turning the puck around and getting it from our zone and going back the other way must happen. And Of course Goaltending has to show up.

More Speed NOT More Pylons for game 2.

Grabner-Tavares-Martin
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo
Moulson-Cizikas-Ullstrom
Joensuu-Nelson-McDonald

Viz-Hickey
Strait-Hamonic
Streit-Martinek

Nabby

Old
05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
OK so they laid an egg. Put it in the rear view mirror and steal game two. You all need to stop the winning in here it is getting almost unbearable to read.
And the Islanders needed to actually show up tonight.

Life sucks. Live with it.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
Wondering if anyone actually watched this game? All I hear is the Isles are a bunch of *****s and they are getting manhandled..... blah blah ****ing blah. The Isles out hit the Pens. They lost cuz they played bad D and couldnt get anywhere near the net. Had nothing to do with them not ****ing hitting.

Yes the Isles threw hits. But they also didn't win any puck battles along the boards. They were out muscled and out worked. so yes they are a bunch of *******

Old
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by burana800 View Post
If I have to find the silver lining.. The goals Pens scored were not typical goals against us I think. Two individual shots on the top shelf, two rubbish goals and one I cant remember. Usually I can feel the goal coming..
Nice try.

We got kicked in the nuts.... hard.

Old
lorwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
Yeah, but if you were a Pen why do you fight up 5-0 in the third? It takes two to tango.
you hit one of them from behind take your hand off your stick and shove their face into the glass, if you don't get a reaction you keep doing it until you do. if you are in the box your team mates do the same

Old
Islanderfan17

Well, we were just embarrassed. If this team has any pride, they will go into the next game and work their ass off a full 60 minutes and try to do anything possible to win, even if it's impossible.

Old
smheilbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
We'll see about that with these gutless pukes.

wow after a great 1.5 months of hockey, now theyre gutless pukes. lol. ease up there tiger

Old
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
If I hear any more bull **** about Nabokov taking a shot in the face, and that impacting the game, I'm gonna snap.

The game was lost 2 minutes in when Brian Strait showed why he's a career minor leaguer.

And to think, we signed that scrub for 3 more years.

Bum.
Oh god, calm down. The dude is sign for 775,000. Oh no! What will we ever do with this hindering contract?! It's called waiving a player if he's not good. And he was a fine depth defensemen before he got hurt and now he's working his way back. If you just watched the game and your biggest problem is Brian Strait, then I think we should be a cup contender next year.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

I think our only shot is if Cappy actually feels that his job is on the line this series. If that's the case, I could see him shuffling the lineup as much as possible. If not, well... more Moulson-JT-Boyes.

Old
Brooklyn Americans

The Pens are now overconfident, we got them right where we want them.

Old
KyleBailey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
you hit one of them from behind take your hand off your stick and shove their face into the glass, if you don't get a reaction you keep doing it until you do. if you are in the box your team mates do the same
Fair enough.

Closed Thread