HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs win 3-0!!!

Old
02-19-2013, 01:07 PM
The Apologist
Where's JVR?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Pat Burns hockey.

I'm not sure about young guys stepping up though? I'll go with nice seeing Kadri the younger stepping up. The team is full of men, no boys there.
I was thinking the same thing. Very much looks like the Burns teams of the early 90s

The Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Pat Burns hockey.

I'm not sure about young guys stepping up though? I'll go with nice seeing Kadri the younger stepping up. The team is full of men, no boys there.
I still consider 25-26 year olds to be on the younger side and that includes a bunch of guys that are helping this team win.

Got to love Kadri, JVR and Kessel leading the team in scoring. 22, 23 and 25 years old respectively.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:01 PM
zeke
#freewilly

"You come in thinking we've got two young goalies and yada, yada and then something else happens," MacArthur said. "Now they're playing well and it's like 'Oh this is the right move'... It's great to see it paying off for those guys." MacArthur spoke revealingly about the effect stability in goal has had on the group, noting that individual mistakes are now being erased by the goaltenders, "you kind of brush them off [and say] 'Oh I guess that wasn't a big mistake'. That's what a goalie does for you." He continued with interesting insight into the woes of Toronto goaltending in recent years. "In years past sometimes maybe you make the big mistake and it goes in and then it's like 'Oh my God'," he recalled. "[Now they] make a big save, and you can kind of shrug it off and keep going and that's what's happening."

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post

Assuming that most of us are on laptop when we are on Hf, I call it our official win GIF.
IIRC it's form some south korean Starcraft tournament. Starcraft is massive there and they have huge tournaments and the gamers are like celebrities there and pull tail like athletes over here do. It's crazy.

The .gif itself is older then the internet. Still hilarious though one of the greatest reaction gifs of all time.

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:58 PM
tml145

were is the GDT

tml145 is online now   Reply With Quote