HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Gym contract situation

Old
02-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Vip
IFHY

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that you're having gym contract problems, yet you go to Gold's Gym who has a reputation with contracts?
Golds has a good gym, though.
And yes Golds has a reputation of fu**ing people over bad. I currently work with an ex-manager of a Golds. Heard some bad stories.

Vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:06 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 535
Quote:
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that you're having gym contract problems, yet you go to Gold's Gym who has a reputation with contracts?
Nope.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:16 PM
maroon 6
Live and let live

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
If you've been working out long enough, you don't really need a "trial". You should know what equipment a gym needs for you and if they have it or not...
I usually use trials to see how busy the gym gets around 5-9pm. I like fast paced 30-40 minute workouts and there's nothing worse than waiting for equipment.

maroon 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:44 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armond White View Post
Does it matter? They have a right to collect on the money you owe. "I haven't paid taxes in years! Why is the IRS calling now?" Keep in mind, you aren't their only customer. Also, they knew that you knew you owed. Only after a certain point did they decide to hound you down.
Well I believe there is a statute of limitations on how long you're allowed to go after an outstanding debt if you haven't made any attempt to collect it (and obviously this doesn't apply to your taxes)...but I believe it's a year at minimum so it doesn't really apply here.

Quote:
I cancelled my membership with Gold's at the beginning of last year and it couldn't have been more painless. I was expecting a hassle since all gyms have that reputation but it was a breeze.

As for the topic at hand, one thing I didn't see (maybe I missed it) is what your contract says about fees and penalties. Since it's their contract I'm sure it's in their favor and not yours, but did you actually read the fine print to see if they're charging you anything that isn't allowed in your contract?

Anyway when you go and talk to the guy, just be nice and apologetic and say you were having financial difficulties and that whole lot. $311 is a lot to you but it's pretty small fry to a franchise gym at the end of the day. He might let you off the hook or let you off with only paying a portion of it.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:52 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon 6 View Post
I usually use trials to see how busy the gym gets around 5-9pm. I like fast paced 30-40 minute workouts and there's nothing worse than waiting for equipment.
True. Which is why I go at 5AM.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Vip
IFHY

vCash: 50
That is good advice hoto. Thanks.

The guy still hasn't emailed me back. I am beginning to think that he has given up. Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with me.

Ikea monkey, I liked your old avatar better

Vip is online now   Reply With Quote