HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Islanders-Blues

Old
02-21-2013, 12:27 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

vCash: 500
Islanders-Blues

Mark Streit or Lubomir Visnovsky
Kyle Okposo
Anders Lee

Chris Stewart
Kris Russell
STL 3rd 2014

St. Louis gets a top-4 defenseman to pair with Pietrangelo, and swaps a struggling forward for another. Okposo, when well coached, is a very effective player. Hitchcock can teach him a lot and help him reach his potential. St. Louis also gets a very good goal scoring NCAA player who fills a need in their prospect pool.

Islanders get a young PWF that will have a chance to play with a top-10 talented center in Tavares, and a young defenseman that could fit well into the Islanders' future.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm not sure how much the Blues value Kris Russell. I've been very impressed with him in games I've watched, and I'm not sure if the fans would be willing to give him up so quickly. He does play on the bottom pair if there's no injury, which made me think he may or may not be an expendable piece (not because he's on the bottom pair, just because he may not play important minutes).

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

Ergh. That's not the trade I'm looking for. I don't care about value, but I don't bring a guy to the Isles because he needs a change of scenery. That could be a disaster.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Felix Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:51 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Stewart isn't struggling this season. Russell can be had if you want him because he has been struggling this season. He's great at moving the puck and plays position and angles, but that's about it.

What would a deal for MacDonald look like?

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 02-21-2013 at 01:07 PM.
bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:02 PM
kasper11

Honestly, I think the Isles could do better by trading Streit or Visnovsky for picks, then trying to flip those picks to a team that needs to get under the cap at the draft.

The Isles need a top-4 dman. They have a bottom pair in Strait and Carkner for next season, plus Donavan is likely to make the team. They need two legit top-4 dmen.

Besides which both Russell and Stewart have the option of accepting their qualifying offers in the offseason and becoming UFAs next year.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Stewart isn't struggling this season. Russell can be had if you want him.

What would a deal for MacDonald look like?
No offense to the OP, but I think he's trying to corner the market on undersized D-men who aren't puck-moving wunderkinds.

NYI and Stl have very little to talk about. Both need help keeping the puck out of the net.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Felix Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

vCash: 50
Visnovsky and Streit arent really the type of dman we are looking for, Id rather have a bigger, physical type dman that can log big minutes and allow Petro to do his thing on both ends of the ice.

And as another said Stewart isnt struggling, looks much better than he did last year.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Halak Ness Monster

As someone mentioned, Stewart isn't struggling. There were about 3-4 games in the middle of the season where he seemed lost but early on and lately he has been a beast. Over 82 games he is on pace for close to 30 goals and 60 points. Stewart is also one of our few tough forwards. He likes to drop the mitts and we need that.

IF IF IF this Stewart is for real, this is a very valuable player. My only concern is that he gets his 4 year, 16 mil contract in the offseason and then proceeds to add 10-15 pounds and play like he did last year. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though. A lazy player doesn't lose 20 pounds and get in the best shape of his career following a poor season. He realized what he needed to do and did it. I think he has matured. I also think he is very well liked in the locker room.

IMO Stewart's value is back to where it was 2 years ago. Last year was clearly a fluke.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote