HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Malone

Old
02-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Jacko95

vCash: 500
At the Pens fans:
You really want to say an experienced top6 power-forward isn't worth a top3/4 D prospect? really? Even if there is serious topline potential, there is still a big risk for Tampa if they take a prospect.
Potential isn't nearly as valuable as NHL experience!

I would do the Bortuzzo trade and take 1m of the cap hit, but if it would be Maatta you would have to take all the cap.

Just keep in mind Nashville gave up a first for Gaustad and Malone is worth way more than Gaustad!
So giving up a top D prospect is absolutly okay in my mind, but I'm a Tampa fan so it might be a bit homerish

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
What would Tampa be seeking from the Islanders? I personally would love to add his size and grit to the team and it would take some pressure off Matt Martin with the physical play...is tampa looking for picks or forwards or dmen?

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Jacko95

Well I can really see a Draft day deal with the Islanders ( if Malone is willing to go their), because you have a lot of cap and a lot of young assets.

In the perfect world the Islanders take Brewer and Malone from us for a young great defender called Harmonic , but that will never happen and the Isles will be wise to hold on to him.

So what would you offer,for Malone?, for Brewer and Malone?.

We could need a big, top4, stay-at-home Defender which is under 30. Or a great prospect would be okay as well. At best he is a near NHL ready defender.
But offer what you would be willing to give up for him

Old
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
We have alot of defensemen in the pipe line, Donnovan is pretty high on our radar and seems to be the next call up, we have Russo,Mayfield,Pendan Kitchon....Dehann has had quite a bit of injuries I personally would be interested in trading him, and we also have Aaron Ness who is undersized but a great puck mover but weak in his own zone, and Colin Landry who I personally like alot and what he brings I think those are all in play, but I could see more movement with our forward group for Malone I would Ideally like to send maybe Knabonov and a 3rd or 4th for Malone or perhaps one of the dmen mentioned above, Donnovan would cost alot more than Malone I think he should be up with the eam right now

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:00 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
No chance Shero trades Morrow for Malone, especially considering Malone's contract. The only others close to NHL ready are Despres & Bortuzzo, who arguably aren't prospects anymore. Despres would be a definite no and Bortuzzo might be a no from both sides. With all of the puck moving D men in the system Bortuzzo is the closest we have to a young Orpik-type stay at home hitter. Certainly not untradeable by any means but again, unless TB was willing to eat some of Malone's salary I don't see it happening.
I think you could make an argument for Dumoulin being as or more NHL ready than Morrow. Not that anyone (incl. Nisky) gets put on the table until we know how much cap Tampa is eating here.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobs11 View Post
We have alot of defensemen in the pipe line, Donnovan is pretty high on our radar and seems to be the next call up, we have Russo,Mayfield,Pendan Kitchon....Dehann has had quite a bit of injuries I personally would be interested in trading him, and we also have Aaron Ness who is undersized but a great puck mover but weak in his own zone, and Colin Landry who I personally like alot and what he brings I think those are all in play, but I could see more movement with our forward group for Malone I would Ideally like to send maybe Knabonov and a 3rd or 4th for Malone or perhaps one of the dmen mentioned above, Donnovan would cost alot more than Malone I think he should be up with the eam right now
Same thing as I said to the Pens fans a prospect can't be worth more than a top6 power forward (unless he is a 1st overall or something). But I would be willing to make a straight up trade for Donnovan.

I just overlooked your roster, what type of player is Andrew MacDonald? 26 is a great age for us, is he a serious top4, makes very few faults??

Old
02-19-2013, 06:26 PM
BrookswasHere44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
At the Pens fans:
You really want to say an experienced top6 power-forward isn't worth a top3/4 D prospect? really? Even if there is serious topline potential, there is still a big risk for Tampa if they take a prospect.

I would do the Bortuzzo trade and take 1m of the cap hit, but if it would be Maatta you would have to take all the cap.

Just keep in mind Nashville gave up a first for Gaustad and Malone is worth way more than Gaustad!
So giving up a top D prospect is absolutly okay in my mind, but I'm a Tampa fan so it might be a bit homerish
So because Nashville is dumb it makes it ok? I agree however Bugsy should probably be worth more than Gaustad ...but NOBODY thinks Gaustad is worth a first....other than Nash

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Alivesi

Tbh if we deal Malone for a pick it's going to be a 1st from a cup contender

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 View Post
So because Nashville is dumb it makes it ok? I agree however Bugsy should probably be worth more than Gaustad ...but NOBODY thinks Gaustad is worth a first....other than Nash
Well what I mean is, there will be the one team, that is willing to overpay for a Malone type of guy, so we could get at least a first out of him on trade deadline, maybe even a conditional other pick, depends on the place of the first rounder.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Under that logic Sidney Crosby is not worth it due to his concussion and injury problems...
Sidney Crosby isn't 33 years old and doesn't play a "power forward" type of game, at least not in the traditional sense. Malone is an old man who's body is finally catching up with him. His injury history will only get worse from here, or he'll need to neuter the way he plays. Either way, are you getting the player you want?

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
Tbh if we deal Malone for a pick it's going to be a 1st from a cup contender
If we could also get a mid-rounder or mid-level prospect in addition to that, I'd take it. I think our roster is strong, I'd be more interested in fleshing out our pipeline.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:07 PM
saba

Send a message via Yahoo to saba
Tampa is not getting a 1st for Malone. That is a pure dream. Caps offer Schultz and a 4th.

saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by saba View Post
Tampa is not getting a 1st for Malone. That is a pure dream. Caps offer Schultz and a 4th.
Do you really think the Caps and Tampa would trade? And Schultz is crap, no deal.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Rschmitz

No way we take on salary. His salary is extremely affordable at this point.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:24 PM
DreamBeaut

Matt Niskanen is an impending RFA (I believe) who will be relatively affordable and has been playing above his pay grade imo.

Niskanen for Malone (Bolts retain hit)

DreamBeaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Sidney Crosby isn't 33 years old and doesn't play a "power forward" type of game, at least not in the traditional sense. Malone is an old man who's body is finally catching up with him. His injury history will only get worse from here, or he'll need to neuter the way he plays. Either way, are you getting the player you want?
And the fact Sid hasn't played a full season in what 3 seasons means he will get better with his injuries? I don't understand the difference.

stryfe604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaproosta08 View Post
Matt Niskanen is an impending RFA (I believe) who will be relatively affordable and has been playing above his pay grade imo.

Niskanen is signed for next year too.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:34 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
At the Pens fans:

This is an argument that holds no water. Different year, different market. Yes, Malone is better than Gaustad, but don't the Nashville gave up a first last year to get Gaustad as your ammo.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:35 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaproosta08 View Post

Niskanen has two more years on his deal & is a UFA after that.

Shero is not about to throw two rookies on defense for a team with Cup aspirations.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I think you could make an argument for Dumoulin being as or more NHL ready than Morrow. Not that anyone (incl. Nisky) gets put on the table until we know how much cap Tampa is eating here.
Good call, I forgot about Dumoulin.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
And the fact Sid hasn't played a full season in what 3 seasons means he will get better with his injuries? I don't understand the difference.
The difference is Sid is almost a decade younger and infinitely more skilled. GMs would take a chance on him 100 times out of 100 over Malone.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:59 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
The difference is Sid is almost a decade younger and infinitely more skilled. GMs would take a chance on him 100 times out of 100 over Malone.
I don't think people understand something here. I am not comparing skill He I am stating the fact that people are using his injury history as a reason is moot. Being concussed and missing 18 months means a player is now injury prone. Malone is a proven 20 goal scorer, a big body, and any team would love to have a player like him. His cap hit is high but his salary is low.

stryfe604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:04 PM
2 Weekes Notice

I'd imagine Malone will pretty much only waive his NMC for Pittsburgh at this point, which is fine because he's a fit there and PIT makes for a good trading partner.

Tampa fan here so obviously I'm a bit biased, but I think if TB retains any salary, one of the the better PIT D prospects should be coming back. Malone for Maatta, TB keeps some salary makes sense for me. TB needs top 4 prospects.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
I don't think people understand something here. I am not comparing skill He I am stating the fact that people are using his injury history as a reason is moot. Being concussed and missing 18 months means a player is now injury prone. Malone is a proven 20 goal scorer, a big body, and any team would love to have a player like him. His cap hit is high but his salary is low.
You asked what the difference was between an injury prone Malone and an injury prone Crosby - if you want to consider either one of them injury prone - and I answered it. The better the player the more likely a GM would be to take a chance and overlook injury history.

And Pens fans are very familiar with Malone and the game he plays as he played it here for years. I wouldn't be against seeing him come back but it would totally depend on the asking price. If it's Morrow or Despres, thanks but no thanks. If it's another solid prospect I would hope Shero would ask TB to retain some of Malone's salary. We have players of our own to give raises to and Malone is making too much against the cap for what he brings. If TB didn't take the deal I wouldn't be heartbroken.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:23 AM
DavidBL

I would offer Lydman and probably a late rounder for Malone in a heart beat. I think he would be perfect with the twins and his dwindling salary is perfect for our budget.

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote