HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Malone

Old
02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I don't think people understand something here. I am not comparing skill He I am stating the fact that people are using his injury history as a reason is moot. Being concussed and missing 18 months means a player is now injury prone. Malone is a proven 20 goal scorer, a big body, and any team would love to have a player like him. His cap hit is high but his salary is low.
Maybe you don't understand that no one is saying that, if you have a superior deal with a cap floor team he is willing to waive for on the table, you are still somehow beholden to trade him to us.
Only that @ 4.5m there is no good deal to be had from the Pens, because as in need of an upgrade as it might be, the third wheel on Malkin's line is not where major parts of the "Crosby's Neal" and the "keep Malkin and Letang around" funds will be blown.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Maybe you don't understand that no one is saying that, if you have a superior deal with a cap floor team he is willing to waive for on the table, you are still somehow beholden to trade him to us.
Only that @ 4.5m there is no good deal to be had from the Pens, because as in need of an upgrade as it might be, the third wheel on Malkin's line is not where major parts of the "Crosby's Neal" and the "keep Malkin and Letang around" funds will be blown.
Yeah, that's the sticking point here. The Pens are not a budget team, they're a cap team. They don't care that his salary is less than it was. They care what his cap hit is because they have other pieces to add & Malkin and Letang to extend.

Also if he's only willing to waive his NMC to the Pens, that doesn't make the Pens obligated to give TB whatever they're asking for. That gives the Pens all the leverage if TB really wants to move Malone. If that's the case TB would be better to wait until his contract changes to a limited trade clause and hope that one of the six or whatever teams on his list will give you a good deal or just keep him.

Last edited by Dying Alive: 02-20-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
I'd imagine Malone will pretty much only waive his NMC for Pittsburgh at this point, which is fine because he's a fit there and PIT makes for a good trading partner.

Tampa fan here so obviously I'm a bit biased, but I think if TB retains any salary, one of the the better PIT D prospects should be coming back. Malone for Maatta, TB keeps some salary makes sense for me. TB needs top 4 prospects.
I'm on the fence about dealing a top prospect for Malone. How about this, I know Tampa fans will be 100% against this because he is doing well for them, but...

LW Ryan Malone
LW Benoit Pouliot

D Olli Maatta
RW Tyler Kennedy
+

?

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:24 AM
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I'm on the fence about dealing a top prospect for Malone. How about this, I know Tampa fans will be 100% against this because he is doing well for them, but...

LW Ryan Malone
LW Benoit Pouliot

D Olli Maatta
RW Tyler Kennedy
+

?

Pouliot has been very good for us. Not really interested in trading him

The Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:34 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:

LW Ryan Malone
LW Benoit Pouliot

D Olli Maatta
RW Tyler Kennedy
+

?
Why does every Pens fan want to put Kennedy in every offer? We don't want him! We have plenty of better RW's so stop. Pouliot has been coming on great lately and he's Malones replacement so he's not being moved. Maata is ok but would prefer someone more NHL ready, we have room and money to eat some cap.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Kennedy is always included partly because he needs a change of scenery, partly because he's the Pens fans designated whipping boy now that Eric Tangradi is gone, and partly because depending on how many bodies they'd be trading in they'd need some going out to keep within the roster limit. Also because they're looking for wingers in order to bump Dupuis/Geno's Left Winger of the Week down a line, which would mean there'd be no spot left for TK.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Pouliot has been very good for us. Not really interested in trading him
Understandable, like I said, I know Tampa fans wouldn't want to trade him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Why does every Pens fan want to put Kennedy in every offer? We don't want him! We have plenty of better RW's so stop. Pouliot has been coming on great lately and he's Malones replacement so he's not being moved. Maata is ok but would prefer someone more NHL ready, we have room and money to eat some cap.
We include Kennedy because we want to clear cap space and we think if we package him, we can upgrade the team. He does hold some value around the league though, Blues GM wanted him, Bowman was targeting him when the Blackhawks were shipping off their players in 2010, we think adding him to a deal could bring in an upgrade on the 3rd line. For example, this deal in terms of value.

Maatta > Malone
Kennedy < Pouliot

I also added a + from the Penguins, but it's to balance out the deal.

Just a suggestion though, I already acknowledged Tampa fans not wanting to trade him but it's not like the deal is one sided in favor of the Penguins

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Understandable, like I said, I know Tampa fans wouldn't want to trade him.

We include Kennedy because we want to clear cap space and we think if we package him, we can upgrade the team. He does hold some value around the league though, Blues GM wanted him, Bowman was targeting him when the Blackhawks were shipping off their players in 2010, we think adding him to a deal could bring in an upgrade on the 3rd line. For example, this deal in terms of value.

Maatta > Malone
Kennedy < Pouliot

I also added a + from the Penguins, but it's to balance out the deal.

Just a suggestion though, I already acknowledged Tampa fans not wanting to trade him but it's not like the deal is one sided in favor of the Penguins
From a Tampa standpoint:

Malone=Maatta
Pouliiot>>> Kennedy (point wise, they were the same so far in their career, but Pouliot is bigger, stronger and is playing very good in Tampa, while Kennedy sucks this season and we can't need any more unersized forwards, we are already playing a lot of 5 ft guys in Conacher, MSL, Pyatt and Johnson will be in Tampa next season as well...)

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:15 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Are the Pens basically the only team interested in a top-six power forward, good for 20 goals a season?

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
The Kings have tried to deal for him a few times and he refused to waive his NTC both times.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The Kings have tried to deal for him a few times and he refused to waive his NTC both times.
Interesting. Never heard about that.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Are the Pens basically the only team interested in a top-six power forward, good for 20 goals a season?
I don't understand the question. If you mean that other teams will be bidding for his services you're probably right, but the NMC severely hampers TB in this situation.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:52 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
I don't understand the question. If you mean that other teams will be bidding for his services you're probably right, but the NMC severely hampers TB in this situation.
It does, I agree. I'm just asking whether or not the Pens are the only team with interest though. Curious to see what other teams would offer, regardless of his NMC.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote