HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #15 - Canucks @ Blackhawks (5:30, Sportsnet) - Fully Charged Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
McLlwain
Trevor Forever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
We usually have a good record breaking streaks, don't we?
Opposing players ending their scoreless-streaks against us? Yes.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
ARSix

I am willing to beg AV to put this lineup in place.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Raymond SchroederHansen
Higgins Lapierre Weise

Lineup allows you to roll 4 lines and keep everyone's minutes down. This is a compressed season and that counts. Basically the 4th line is a 4th line in name only - it's really a 3rd/checking line. You essentially have a First Scoring Line (Sedins), a First Checking Line (Kesler)*, a Second Scoring Line (Schroeder) and a Second Checking Line (Lapierre).

*I am tempted to swap Kassian and Hansen, because Hansen is a better checking option while Kassian is a bit suspect. However, that Schroeder line is going too well to break up right now.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53

vCash: 589
Booth is in tonight.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:29 PM
HAMMY5

Quote:
We usually have a good record breaking streaks, don't we?
Do we have a record breaking streak at breaking record streaks?

Old
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Pip

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSix View Post
I am willing to beg AV to put this lineup in place.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Raymond SchroederHansen
Higgins Lapierre Weise

Lineup allows you to roll 4 lines and keep everyone's minutes down. This is a compressed season and that counts. Basically the 4th line is a 4th line in name only - it's really a 3rd/checking line. You essentially have a First Scoring Line (Sedins), a First Checking Line (Kesler)*, a Second Scoring Line (Schroeder) and a Second Checking Line (Lapierre).

*I am tempted to swap Kassian and Hansen, because Hansen is a better checking option while Kassian is a bit suspect. However, that Schroeder line is going too well to break up right now.
this is what I want by the end of the year but there is no way Kassian should be in the top 6 with how he is playing right now. It's a slap in Higgins face to put him on the fourth and Kassian on the second. I want a lineup that we can basically roll for a while, but I can justify Kassian in the top 6 so I would go

Sedins/burrows
AMEX
MayRay/Schroeder/Hansen
Weise/Lappy/Volpatti

Kassian in the pressbox for tonight to send a message. Eventually work him in and Weise/Volpatti out and then eventually get him on the second line instead of Higgins. But this is only if he plays well enough to deserve the promotions, if not then I'm fine with Kassian on the fourth going into the playoffs

Old
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Real Gudbranson
Playoff Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
We at least have Anaheim for tonight because they don't want their record touched. And that one Devils fan. (if you're here, hi Devils fan) Detroit, maybe?
STL and CBJ fans, as well.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
According to Brad Ziemer, Booth is on the fourth line, and Volpatti seems to be the odd man out. Schroeder is centering Higgins and Kassian, according to Botchford.

I'm curious, and really looking forward to, seeing this third line.

Flexibility in this line-up is always a plus, and JS (hopefully) succeeding without MayRay will only add to our diversity.

Game on.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:33 PM
PRNuck
Sell the team.

vCash: 833
Quote:
STL and CBJ fans, as well.
I wonder who Phoenix fan(s?) hate more, Vancouver or Chicago?

Old
02-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Real Gudbranson
Playoff Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I wonder who Phoenix fan(s?) hate more, Vancouver or Chicago?
Why would PHX hate Vancouver?
I think they'd cheer for us.

Edit: Hawks fans are so classless. More classless than me.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:36 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Yeah, we gave them Torres ... in a way.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Scurr
Bear G

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Kassian in the pressbox for tonight to send a message. Eventually work him in and Weise/Volpatti out and then eventually get him on the second line instead of Higgins. But this is only if he plays well enough to deserve the promotions, if not then I'm fine with Kassian on the fourth going into the playoffs
I don't feel like shaking the confidence of a young player by putting him in the press box at the first sign of adversity would be a good thing.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
PRNuck
Sell the team.

Quote:
Oh I figured they might not like us because Canuck fans take over their stadium when the team's in town.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
luongo321

Quote:
this is what I want by the end of the year but there is no way Kassian should be in the top 6 with how he is playing right now. It's a slap in Higgins face to put him on the fourth and Kassian on the second. I want a lineup that we can basically roll for a while, but I can justify Kassian in the top 6 so I would go

Sedins/burrows
AMEX
MayRay/Schroeder/Hansen
Weise/Lappy/Volpatti

I'd rather see how a struggling Kassian responds in a big time game. Maybe he will be able to elevate his game. If he still continues to play poorly in this game, then I'll be more concerned.

Quote:
Oh I figured they might not like us because Canuck fans take over their stadium when the team's in town.
We're not the only team that does this to them.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:39 PM
ARSix

Quote:
this is what I want by the end of the year but there is no way Kassian should be in the top 6 with how he is playing right now. It's a slap in Higgins face to put him on the fourth and Kassian on the second.
This is the kind of attitude I do not agree with. There is no "demotion" in a lineup when you can put four useful lines on the ice. Essentially, having Higgins on the "fourth" line makes that a strong checking line with some speed and touch in the offensive end, that can grind out a few goals. The point is, having Kassian on the "second" line allows Kesler and Booth to cover for him a bit. It's not saying Kassian is better than Higgins, it's balancing the lines so that they're all useful and so that you're not closing your eyes and praying every time you send your 4th line out and trying to keep them off the ice for as much of the game as possible.

What I want is that when the other team gets a fortunate matchup and our 4th line gets stuck out there against the opponents' first line, their reaction isn't "MMM, fresh meat", but rather "Oh Christ, not these guys."

That said I would expect Schroeder's "third" line to continue getting sheltered minutes so putting Kassian there and Hansen on the Kesler line has a lot of merit.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I don't feel like shaking the confidence of a young player by putting him in the press box at the first sign of adversity would be a good thing.
Agreed.
Perhaps a fourth line demotion would be more appropriate.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZONE View Post
I'm curious, and really looking forward to, seeing this third line.

Flexibility in this line-up is always a plus, and JS (hopefully) succeeding without MayRay will only add to our diversity.

Game on.
I'm a little worried about having Kesler and Raymond together again though as that was not successful last year. Maybe AV thinks that a rejuvenated Raymond can play better with Kesler this year.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Scurr
Bear G

Quote:
Agreed.
Perhaps a fourth line demotion would be more appropriate.
Perhaps. He must be looking over his shoulder with Booth starting on the 4th line. Competition is a great motivator. Besides, ending up on our 4th line isn't the end of the world. He'll play and be on a line with a clearly defined role that he can more than handle.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I'm a little worried about having Kesler and Raymond together again though as that was not successful last year. Maybe AV thinks that a rejuvenated Raymond can play better with Kesler this year.
My thoughts as well.
If the old chemistry (or lack thereof) rears its old ugly head, then it's back to a proven chemistry on the third line.
Win/win.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning

Quote:
Perhaps. He must be looking over his shoulder with Booth starting on the 4th line. Competition is a great motivator. Besides, ending up on our 4th line isn't the end of the world. He'll play and be on a line with a clearly defined role that he can more than handle.
Exacty...and it seems motivation of some sort is needed for big Kass.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:50 PM
PRNuck
Sell the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Uggh, I guess we'll be testing out my theory that Raymond should not leave Schroeder's side.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Pip

Quote:
This is the kind of attitude I do not agree with. There is no "demotion" in a lineup when you can put four useful lines on the ice. Essentially, having Higgins on the "fourth" line makes that a strong checking line with some speed and touch in the offensive end, that can grind out a few goals. The point is, having Kassian on the "second" line allows Kesler and Booth to cover for him a bit. It's not saying Kassian is better than Higgins, it's balancing the lines so that they're all useful and so that you're not closing your eyes and praying every time you send your 4th line out and trying to keep them off the ice for as much of the game as possible.

What I want is that when the other team gets a fortunate matchup and our 4th line gets stuck out there against the opponents' first line, their reaction isn't "MMM, fresh meat", but rather "Oh Christ, not these guys."

That said I would expect Schroeder's "third" line to continue getting sheltered minutes so putting Kassian there and Hansen on the Kesler line has a lot of merit.
how can you not consider moving from the second line tithe fourth a demotion? I understand that player will do what is asked of him but I wouldn't be happy to see someone gifted sheltered ice time when I am with Lappierre and Weise

Old
02-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:

The contrary argument is Higgins has earned his position in the top six and has the added bonus of existing chemistry with Kesler. Kassian has done the opposite. While you may not see this as a demotion. I see no other way to categorize it. The fourth line is comprised of "journeyman" and is by no means intended to net much ice time. They are there to keep the order in case Chicago gets check-happy and provide a little energy. Higgins is a better player than that, and has played better.

You have to earn your ice time. Kassian has not.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Scurr
Bear G

Quote:
If the old chemistry (or lack thereof) rears its old ugly head,
I don't know that you can call it a lack of chemistry. They both were playing poorly with and without each other for much of the season. Kesler's game is actually pretty similar to Schroeder in that he comes up that side often and Raymond will be on his forehand. I think they're both playing pretty well right now, I expect them to play well together.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:54 PM
luongo321

Quote:
I don't know that you can call it a lack of chemistry. They both were playing poorly with and without each other for much of the season. Kesler's game is actually pretty similar to Schroeder in that he comes up that side often and Raymond will be on his forehand. I think they're both playing pretty well right now, I expect them to play well together.
Schroeder is an incredible passer and Kesler is not.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning

Quote:
Uggh, I guess we'll be testing out my theory that Raymond should not leave Schroeder's side.
I love the chemistry they have together, but mixing up line-up and looking for different combo chemistry is only going to help us if injuries occur.

Closed Thread