HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Worst. Article. EVER.

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Worst. Article. EVER.

http://www.michnews.com/artman/publi...cle_7285.shtml

"Rhino" from Oilfans with the find of the century. See if you can make it through this "story" without yelling "WHAT!?!" or "Oh my God!" or even "Moron!" at your computer screen.

I know I couldn't.

What was this guy thinking???

Old
03-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Cerebral

Wow, best article ever! I love when he compares the owners and PA to Neville Chamberlain...

Old
03-21-2005, 01:19 PM
igor*

This dude is a political extremist. Some other madarse stuff by him on the links on the right too.

For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin N. Graulich atricle MUSLIM THERAPY
Today, much of the Muslim world is in constant turmoil, turning out sons and daughters with horrendous anti-Western values and ideas. The hatred for America, the most moral nation in history is unprecedented and the continuous blame of Jews and Israel for most Islamic shortcomings is indeed irrational.

The morally confused left, Europe and Scandinavia continually use the poverty excuse and Middle East policy as root causes. Similar excuses were used to explain Nazism. Poverty--what a joke. Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of modern evil is perhaps the richest nation per capita on earth. The oil wealth in Kuwait, Iran and other Islamic Middle Eastern countries refute this fraudulent Marxist economic theory.
I don't recognize his "rhino" nick from OilFans ... but I'll have to search for his posts on the OT forum, cuz dude is nuts! lol

Ahhh, the internet. Everyone has a voice. :-)

Old
03-21-2005, 01:23 PM
rigger

Whats he thinking

This guy is an idiot, since when did the holocaust have anything to do with hockey, and I am not to sure, but think American super stars and canadian superstars, who is tougher, Joe Thorton, Iginla - Weight and Modano, I am a Weight fan but lets get serious, he is not nearly as physical as the 2 canadians listed. I would go on, but the list of american stars is pretty short. I agree with parts of it, like the good old hockey, but in all honesty, a few skilled players makes the game so much more exciting. Has any one writen him back? His email is at the bottom of the article.

Josh

Old
03-21-2005, 01:35 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger
This guy is an idiot, since when did the holocaust have anything to do with hockey
Gary Bettman is Jewish

Old
03-21-2005, 01:38 PM
gamblor

Considering how bad the reporting of the NHL labour strife has been by regular hockey writers, personally I welcome a different perspective.

Old
03-21-2005, 02:06 PM
PigeonCamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Gary Bettman is Jewish

So? What does that have to do with comparing the Holocaust and hockey?

Old
03-21-2005, 02:09 PM
PigeonCamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor
This dude is a political extremist. Some other madarse stuff by him on the links on the right too.

For example:

I don't recognize his "rhino" nick from OilFans ... but I'll have to search for his posts on the OT forum, cuz dude is nuts! lol

Ahhh, the internet. Everyone has a voice. :-)
Not to speak for Guy, but I took that to mean that Rhino found the original article, not that Rhino wrote it...I could be wrong though...

Old
03-21-2005, 02:14 PM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85
Not to speak for Guy, but I took that to mean that Rhino found the original article, not that Rhino wrote it...I could be wrong though...
Ah, you're right, my bad. My apologies to "rhino".

This would also explain why his posts I scanned thru on OF seem downright sane.

Old
03-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Joanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85
You're correct. Rhino found the article and posted it at Oilfans. Personally, I don't think this guy's garbage should be spread.

Old
03-21-2005, 02:29 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
What was this guy thinking???
Perhaps the word "thinking" is not quite appropriate? I'm positive that language generation technology could have produced this work since the early 1990s. One could easily compare it to the Postmodern Thesis Generator, only the text produced by the Postmodern Thesis Generator contains bigger words, and is more reasoned and nuanced.

Old
03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Boilers*

I wrote the twerp a little note. Being that my vocabulary is limited it should provide little insight, however if he follows my directions his anal cavity will be void of his his cranial depravity.

Old
03-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Even the actual hockey parts were bad. Canada has moved to a Euro mode of playing and legislated the game to be meant for wussies (paraphrasing). Last I heard, Bettman was American... if you were going to blame the league for the state of the game... wouldn't he get most of the blame? Not that I necessarily agree with that or not but I don't see how this guy can say Canada has moved away from old time hockey values of aggression and physcial play at all.

And thw WWII stuff.... nice attempt at drawing parallels but OMG. Nazis and hockey NEVER should be in the same sentence.

Unless it's like this: Martin Broudeur is playing like the Soup Nazi from Senfeld... "No more goals for you!"

Other wise... sheesh.

Old
03-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Hairball

I am laughing my butt off. This guy needs to join the rest of us back here in the non-crazy section. There are more flaws with his reasoning. The biggest one being this: I don't think there's been another time in history where hockey has been so popular internationally, that Canada held so many concurrent world titles. We're tops. That means we're the best. That means everyone should emulate us. End of story.

I hope that religion and hockey don't mix like they do with soccer (football). Many many more people (fans) get hurt that way.

Herein lies the problem with the states:

"Irwin N. Graulich is a well known motivational speaker on morality, ethics, religion and politics. He is also President and CEO of a leading marketing, branding and communications company in New York City."

This is allowed to happen.

Old
03-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Dallas

I think the funniest thing about this article is the way everyone is reacting to it. I guess I'm just accustomed to reading some pretty messed up stuff in the UofA paper, the Gateway.

Old
03-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Throw in the logical hole in the article that as a group Canadians are stronger proponents for fighting than Americans. Look at our developmental systems, fighting is illegal in the Euro leagues and NCAA, but allowed in the Juniors.

All the "ammoral Europe" stuff doesn't figure either. Out of the four major sports hockey players are the tamest off the playing field.

Old
03-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Oi'll say!

Is that Grand Dragon Graulich of Uncle Sam's Uber-Drones? You guys better watch it or his USUD Stormtroopers will take you away and re-edumicate you!

Seriously though, that's some incredibly scary stuff.

The writer has enough intelligence to put together a long, coherent article with perfect sentence structure and an impressive vocabulary yet he is completely incapable of independant thought, logic & reason.

If he is ever elected president I swear to the hockey gods that I'm going to build a bomb shelter.

Old
03-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
Throw in the logical hole in the article that as a group Canadians are stronger proponents for fighting than Americans. Look at our developmental systems, fighting is illegal in the Euro leagues and NCAA, but allowed in the Juniors.

All the "ammoral Europe" stuff doesn't figure either. Out of the four major sports hockey players are the tamest off the playing field.
Never attempt to use rational arguments on the Irvings of this world, try something like "there are more Canadian right wingers in the nhl than Americans you godless commie". He'll die of embarassment.

Old
03-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Mr Sakich

he is just representing a view held by many americains which is that most of the civilized world condemns violence by the Americains, but would be screwed if the US became isolationalist. As compared to the US, Canada and Europe are very liberal minded.

I am not saying which side is better, but his views are less extremist than the Liberals Party's youth wing which favours legalized prostitution, legalized pot, and legalized gay marriage.

Old
03-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
he is just representing a view held by many americains which is that most of the civilized world condemns violence by the Americains, but would be screwed if the US became isolationalist. As compared to the US, Canada and Europe are very liberal minded.

I am not saying which side is better, but his views are less extremist than the Liberals Party's youth wing which favours legalized prostitution, legalized pot, and legalized gay marriage.
There are actually some valid reasons for legalising those things that you mentioned, common sense types of things that just won't go away. IMO common sense is more important than the American Manifesto and if Irving doesn't like it he can stay home and watch "Leave it to Beaver".

Quote:
The fight against hockey violence was actually a battle against America. [ :lol ] If a hockey player fights back to protect himself, he was considered too aggressive, just like Israel. [this is so incredibly stupid that I can't even joke about it] Evidence the European and Canadian positions vis a vis the Middle East.
This guy is seriously off the charts. He has to be the most brainwashed guy in the whole USofA.

Old
03-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Gamefreak
Bee.

The complete lack of reason in this article is disturbing.

Old
03-21-2005, 10:20 PM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
Cool!

A few questions, as you seem to be the expert; Many hot women in this group? Any photos? When are they meeting next? And when do they start drinking (I would rather show up after they are already half-drunk)

Thx in advance.

Old
03-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor
Cool!

A few questions, as you seem to be the expert; Many hot women in this group? Any photos? When are they meeting next? And when do they start drinking (I would rather show up after they are already half-drunk)

Thx in advance.
:lol

One of the best laughs I've had here, thx igor.

Old
03-21-2005, 11:19 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Gary Bettman is Jewish
i guess that explains why he's so adamant on cost certainty...

Old
03-22-2005, 01:36 AM
mudcrutch79

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
i guess that explains why he's so adamant on cost certainty...

Nice to see the author of the piece joined us himself.

Quote:
Cool!

Thx in advance.
You evidently missed the part where he mentioned that they're all for gay marriage.

Closed Thread