HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players on Loan

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
sdwells9

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sdwells9
Players on Loan

Can someone please explain to me when a player is on loan to another team. For example when WB Penguins got Kyle Rossiter on loan from Chicago. Its not like we traded for him right? Or is it similar when Pens pick up players on waivers?

Old
03-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Sixty Six

The teams agree to on a price, and the team recieving the player pays the team the amount for the right to have the player play on their team for a set amount of time. When the set time expires, the player goes back to his original team. While all this is going on, his rights are still owned by the same NHL team. In this case WBS pays chicago a fee for Rossiter, he finishes the season with the penguins even though he is atlantas player still and next year will return to the thrashers or the wolves

Old
03-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Robert Paulson*

Think of it as this:

you are a healthy 10 year old that wants to enter a bike racing tournament. However, your bike has a bad wheel, and the store doesn't have any new ones in right now.

Enter your friend. He has a SWEET bike. Of course, he wants to enter the race too, every kid does. But a few weeks ago, he broke his arm. He can't enter the big tournament.

You approach the friend and want to make a little deal. You agree to borrow the wheel from the friend for the tournament. You'll pay him $15 to borrow it.

You enter the tournament with your fixed bike and win.

When the tournament is over, you'll give the bike back to your friend. With your tournament winnings, you can now afford to fix your bike by buying a brand new wheel after stores are restocked.

Now, insert the Baby Pens for you, the Calder Cup Playoffs for the bike tournament, Rossiter for the wheel, the Wolves (right?) as the broken armed kid (they aren't making the playoffs), etc.

Get it now? :lol

Old
03-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Zoo

Grab a dictionary and look up the word .... LOAN

Old
03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Jacob

The Wolves are locks to make the playoffs. The reason Rossiter was loaned (from what I gather) is because the Wolves have a bunch of geezers on their roster and routinely went over the "veteran" limit. Rossiter was frequently an odd man out.

Old
03-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Zoo

And the Bouwmeester addtion didn't help either.

Old
03-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
Think of it as this:

you are a healthy 10 year old that wants to enter a bike racing tournament. However, your bike has a bad wheel, and the store doesn't have any new ones in right now.

Enter your friend. He has a SWEET bike. Of course, he wants to enter the race too, every kid does. But a few weeks ago, he broke his arm. He can't enter the big tournament.

You approach the friend and want to make a little deal. You agree to borrow the wheel from the friend for the tournament. You'll pay him $15 to borrow it.

When the tournament is over, you'll give the bike back to your friend. With your tournament winnings, you can now afford to fix your bike by buying a brand new wheel after stores are restocked.

Now, insert the Baby Pens for you, the Calder Cup Playoffs for the bike tournament, Rossiter for the wheel, the Wolves (right?) as the broken armed kid (they aren't making the playoffs), etc.

Bart, Martin and Nelson Muntz are in a soapbox racer competetion, Homer built Bart a soapbox racer that sucks and Nelson ran Martin off the road.....

Old
03-21-2005, 08:31 PM
sdwells9

Send a message via AIM to sdwells9
Thanks for everyone who responded. Much appreciated! I finally get it.

Old
03-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Think of it as this:

I'd take my friends bike, instead of the wheel. :lol

Old
03-22-2005, 05:28 AM
CRUNK JUICE

Send a message via AIM to CRUNK JUICE
Quote:
Think of it as this:

Great analogy. :lol

However, even though that made me laugh out loud, I still don't like the whole loaning process. Unless Rossiter scores a game 7 winning goal in the Calder Cup finals or semi finals or something. Then I'll become it's biggest fan.

edit: Maybe I'm just bitter because we waited too long and didn't get Bouwmeester or Weiss. Who can say really?

Old
03-22-2005, 11:21 PM
stardog

Quote:
Think of it as this:

So when you took your friends bike for the race did you take it off any sweet jumps?

Old
03-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
So when you took your friends bike for the race did you take it off any sweet jumps?
Hey stranger, nice to see you around the boards.

Old
03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Robert Paulson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
I was thinking of that as I wrote it.. haha

Nice to see you back, man! Where you been?

Old
03-24-2005, 01:28 AM
stardog

Quote:
I was thinking of that as I wrote it.. haha

Nice to see you back, man! Where you been?
Ive been lurking mostly...Ive seen all of our NCAA prospects play this year (some quite a few times)...and have watched a ton of college hockey. Other than that Ive been spending quite a bit of time with my band as we kinda caught a nice break or two recently

Closed Thread