HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Tootoo is back in town. Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators, 7p.m.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Tootoo is back in town. Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators, 7p.m.

First of four games against the Wings.

Howard and Rinne in net for both teams.

We'll see not only what Tootoo does but how the fans treat him.

Let's take all that anger and hate about last night's BS and turn it into a huge win.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
I think Trotz laid into them over the COL game. 4-1 win.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:15 AM
drwpreds

This is a big game- win and I think we can put the Colorado debacle behind us and move on- but if we lose that will be 3 losses in a row with a tough weekend (Vancouver, at Detroit) ahead.

I'm calling a 3-2 regulation win

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

We kind of freaking need this one, imho

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:38 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Have to bounce back. Crappy call or not, 6 goals is not good. Would love to see Willy pocket another couple goals.

Go Preds!!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Friendly warning.. no matter what happens tonight don't go troll on the Wings board. You won't like the end result unless you don't want to post anymore.

Same goes for Wings fans coming in here. Don't respond just report and we will handle it.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Preds33

From what I have read on Yahoo, USAToday and ESPN Paul Gaustad is listed as day to day and is out for tonight's game.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:50 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
From what I have read on Yahoo, USAToday and ESPN Paul Gaustad is listed as day to day and is out for tonight's game.
So who fights Tootoo? You KNOW this is going to happen.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

Clune has experience with this.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:56 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post

Clune has experience with this.
But if he is still wearing that guard, he won't. I think he was wearing it yesterday.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Yip would be my guess. Although it will be interesting, maybe someone unexpected had a locker room beef with Toots over the years and they've finally got a chance to duke it out.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Yip should be back in for Gaustad and since Clune has those 30 stitches I can see Yip being the one to fight Tootoo but that would be a lopsided fight.

Im more worried about Tootoo running everything he comes across legal or not.

Hopefully we can take out the anger and aggression from yesterday on the Red Wings. It would make the day much sweeter.

Webersmashpuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:11 PM
predfan24

I think people who used to use the Tootoo whistles should keep using them when we play Detroit. Think of it as a warning device for our defensemen.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Tootoo will be full of energy tonight, which could be bad for us.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Byrddog

Just score 3 goals and win this one.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 01:51 PM
thecloser

Prediction: Clune doesn't wear the brace for tonight and then we see him wearing it again for Vancouver.

If not, I'd go with Yip but honestly Hannan could throw too.

Someone just needs to lay Tootoo out in the beginning and set the tone.

GO PREDS!

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Prediction: Clune doesn't wear the brace for tonight and then we see him wearing it again for Vancouver.

If not, I'd go with Yip but honestly Hannan could throw too.

Someone just needs to lay Tootoo out in the beginning and set the tone.

GO PREDS!
Tootoo thrives on that attitude. The best thing you can do is ignore him. If he runs a player, ignore him, it makes him less effective.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:14 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Maybe we can negate the Tootoo crap with a nice Weber hip check early in the game. We all know if you get Tootoo off his game, he takes stupid penalties.

FTR, I don't hate Tootoo. I liked him (most of the time) while he was here in Nashville. Unfortunately, he only really started realizing his potential in his final season.

As a fan, I would give him the same treatment we give most former Preds...maybe the ole "somebody/anybody/everybody hit" Tootoo. Nothing nasty, just a little rib to let him know he's on the other side.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Colton2233

Dats not 100% for wings meaning good things tonight for are boys. Det 0 PP goals on road this year keep it going and Nas get a W tonight. 3-1

Colton2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:01 PM
analogkid
Thread Killer

Waiting on the family to get home so we can head down for the game.

I agree with using the stupid freaking whistles as a warning system. Loves Toots but someone does need to lay him OUT shortly after the requisite video tribute to let him know, he is no longer welcome in our house. Gonna be a good one.

Go Preds!

analogkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
AEM6729

OK, I posted this in the old GDT before there was a DET one so I will ask this weird question here also... I'm a nurse and my scheduling window opens online tonight at 2100. EXACTLY 2100. It is cutthroat. If I don't get on there right at 2100, I'll be left with the scraps and my schedule will suck.

As we all know, the Internet doesn't work on anyone's phones in the Arena unless maybe you have AT&T (and our scheduling website doesn't work well on phones anyway). Does anyone have any creative ideas that would allow me to hop on a computer for 5-10 minutes that don't involve leaving the game early?!

(For whoever asked about phones not working in the old thread...for some reason stuff that requires an Internet connection doesn't work on my phone in the arena. I have Sprint, my husband has Verizon, and we both have the same problem. Texts and calls are fine, but anything that requires an Internet connection...like Twitter, Facebook, etc...barely work, if they work at all. Apparently Preds brass was going to do something to help the issue this year, but whatever they did only helped people with AT&T phones. There is wifi at the arena, but all the connections are password protected.)

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
OK, I posted this in the old GDT before there was a DET one so I will ask this weird question here also... I'm a nurse and my scheduling window opens online tonight at 2100. EXACTLY 2100. It is cutthroat. If I don't get on there right at 2100, I'll be left with the scraps and my schedule will suck.

As we all know, the Internet doesn't work on anyone's phones in the Arena unless maybe you have AT&T (and our scheduling website doesn't work well on phones anyway). Does anyone have any creative ideas that would allow me to hop on a computer for 5-10 minutes that don't involve leaving the game early?!

(For whoever asked about phones not working in the old thread...for some reason stuff that requires an Internet connection doesn't work on my phone in the arena. I have Sprint, my husband has Verizon, and we both have the same problem. Texts and calls are fine, but anything that requires an Internet connection...like Twitter, Facebook, etc...barely work, if they work at all. Apparently Preds brass was going to do something to help the issue this year, but whatever they did only helped people with AT&T phones. There is wifi at the arena, but all the connections are password protected.)
Going out next to one of the doors where a window is, or like what was said in the other thread about going to the smoking area at the time. That really is all that I can think of. Maybe you could ask someone at the Fan Information desk when you get there.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:47 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post

On the main concourse by the Pro Shop, you should be able to get wi-fi via 'NCVB Hotspot' that is not password protected. It's a tad spotty but worked on my old iPod Touch for FB, Twitter, and Foursquare when I left my phone in the car.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Tootoo will be full of energy no doubt, but I'm more worried about the guys that will actually have an impact on the game like Zetter and Datsyuk. Weber will be getting alot of work tonight. Trotz has got to get this team motivated tonight.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote