HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Phillies 2005!

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2005, 10:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2080392

I was expecting Wade to get some unknown prospect.

Old
06-09-2005, 06:57 PM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Polanco to DET for Urbina and Martinez. Ed actually makes a good trade.
I'm not sure if it is a good trade or not. Certainly Urbina helps the bullpen. Losing Polanco, however, could end up being costly. If Bell goes down with his annual back injury, Polanco was a very good guy to have. Also, if Thome goes on the DL again, Utley can play 1st and Polanco can play 2nd.

The one thing I LOVE about this trade is that Utley now will play every day, even against lefties! Maybe Wade did this to force Uncle Charlie to do this or am I giving Wade too much credit.

Old
06-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
omg,what a fun game tonight!!!!!!

for those who'd like to know,I'm having doubts about Ugie. He pitched one inning,the score was 10-4,when he was taken out,the score was 10-6. which turned the game into a save situation. But I can't complain,we're a game and a half back...so we'll be fine. As soon as my pics are developed,i'll send them.

Old
06-10-2005, 07:21 AM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
omg,what a fun game tonight!!!!!!

for those who'd like to know,I'm having doubts about Ugie. He pitched one inning,the score was 10-4,when he was taken out,the score was 10-6. which turned the game into a save situation. But I can't complain,we're a game and a half back...so we'll be fine. As soon as my pics are developed,i'll send them.
Like most of Ed Wades trades, this trade should have been done two years ago. I think Ugie will be fine, but for Wade its another move he should have made earlier.

Old
06-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Nikkowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42
Like most of Ed Wades trades, this trade should have been done two years ago. I think Ugie will be fine, but for Wade its another move he should have made earlier.
yeah,I think he'll be fine,too.

Old
06-10-2005, 10:16 AM
jb**

Quote:
They still need to add another arm on the pen, Cormier is what he is one good outing one bad, fultz, Tejada are not what we need right now. there are many verteran relievers available who can help now. Wagner, Urbina, Madson, Cormier and via trade:
David Weathers, Kent Merker, Ricky Bottalico, Jeremy Affeldt, Salomon Torres, Hasagawa, Eddie Guardadao, Jim browe, many more to mention.

I would try to acquire Jeff Cirillo to play third when Bell gets hurt there are not many options out there and would come very cheap,

Old
06-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Nikkowar

I need season tickets,hehehe..

OOH!! Photo day is soon!!!!! Can't wait,who's coming?

Old
06-10-2005, 08:56 PM
blah

Quote:
I kinda agree. Honestly though I think the best part of this trade is the timing of it. They didn't wait until the deadline to do it. This leaves them ample time to make other moves if need be. That alone is progress IMO.

Old
06-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Nikkowar

weeeeeeeeee David Bell!!!!!!!!

Old
06-10-2005, 09:48 PM
FlyersFan10*

I'm a Phils fan, but sorry, Ed Wade's gotta go. I'm not convinced that this team can ever catch Washington or Atlanta for top spot. This is a team that has consistently underachieved and it's always been the managers that have paid for it. It's time that Ed Wade faces the piper.

I'm think of Polanco and I'm pretty sure that there is nothing left from what we acquired for Scott Rolen. Future hall of fame third baseman who was tearing it up in St.Louis. We don't have anything from the JD Drew fiasco and it just seems to be getting worse. Get rid of that jerkass right now.

Old
06-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Nikkowar

ricky bottalico!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Nikkowar

oh shiot....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...ball&type=lgns

Old
06-14-2005, 08:20 PM
blah

He might need Tommy John, good thing they got that extra arm in the pen.

Old
06-14-2005, 08:32 PM
FlyersFan10*

Does anyone think the Phils may have overpaid Jimmy Rollins? I mean 5 years/$40 million? Isn't that a little steep? As well, has Ryan Howard been playing for them or is Jim Thome back?

Old
06-14-2005, 08:50 PM
blah

It might be a little steep. They had to keep him though, they don't have SSs anywhere near the majors and off the top of my head I don't think there's any worth mentioning going to be a FA. What did Orlando Cabrera get, he's comparable to Rollins?

Old
06-14-2005, 08:53 PM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
It might be a little steep. They had to keep him though, they don't have SSs anywhere near the majors and off the top of my head I don't think there's any worth mentioning going to be a FA. What did Orlando Cabrera get, he's comparable to Rollins?
I think Cabrera got a 4/$26 million contract. Actually, I always thought Orlando had a little more pop in his bat. I think Rollins is a better fielder though.

Old
06-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Nikkowar

double shiot

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Old
06-14-2005, 10:02 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Whatever happened to Anderson Machado? Remember the guy who was going to come up and force the Phillies to trade Rollins....

Old
06-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Nikkowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Whatever happened to Anderson Machado? Remember the guy who was going to come up and force the Phillies to trade Rollins....
I think he was in the Todd Jones deal

Old
06-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
I think he was in the Todd Jones deal
That is correct and what a crap deal that was eh?

Also, hope they give Tejada a shot at keeping a spot in the rotation and if he cannot give Floyd at least 3 starts as a shot before making a panic move for an old average starter. And no they will not even come close to Zito unless Floyd, Howard and + is dealt.

Old
06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Dr Love

-Madson deserves a shot at starting over Tejada

-Oakland has no use for a no-field 1B/DH, they've already got one in Durazo and they're not hard to find

"Whatever happened to Anderson Machado?"
-He's doing so well the Reds just sent him to AAA.

-Rollins is overpaid but there are bigger problems with the Phils

Old
06-15-2005, 11:24 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
-Madson deserves a shot at starting over Tejada

-Oakland has no use for a no-field 1B/DH, they've already got one in Durazo and they're not hard to find

"Whatever happened to Anderson Machado?"
-He's doing so well the Reds just sent him to AAA.

-Rollins is overpaid but there are bigger problems with the Phils
to valuable in the pen, I would try to acquire Mark Redman form the pirates, he is a f/a at the end of year pitching very well. not sure what else is out there. The Pirates have no first baseman of note with power: Howard + for Redman and Solomon Torres or one of there lefties in the Pen, get a quality starter and bullpen help. Not sure what kind of market for Howard there is, I think we may be dissapointed with the return we receive back.

Old
06-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Nikkowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
That is correct and what a crap deal that was eh?

Also, hope they give Tejada a shot at keeping a spot in the rotation and if he cannot give Floyd at least 3 starts as a shot before making a panic move for an old average starter. And no they will not even come close to Zito unless Floyd, Howard and + is dealt.
it was a BS deal but oh well,that's Wade.

Keep Tejada in the rotation!

i'm worried about Wolf,I mean I don't want him to blow his season away just because of what one trainer has said to him,yet I don't want him to pitch in pain.
But then again,he's going for second and third opinions..

Old
06-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Dr Love

too valuable in the pen

Madson starting and Tejada not is more valuable than Tejada starting and Madson not. I don't understand the fascination with Tejada. Yeah, he's young, but he's nothing special.

I would try to acquire Mark Redman form the pirates, he is a f/a at the end of year pitching very well. not sure what else is out there. The Pirates have no first baseman of note with power: Howard + for Redman and Solomon Torres or one of there lefties in the Pen, get a quality starter and bullpen help.

With the Pirates hovering around .500, Littlefield isn't going to sell. The way their front office sees it, they are on the right track, doing the right things. They aren't, but that's how they see it.

Not sure what kind of market for Howard there is, I think we may be dissapointed with the return we receive back.

Howard's peak value in a trade is probably past him now.

it was a BS deal

Homophobe Jones was useless, but they gave up nothing of value.

Old
06-15-2005, 12:30 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
too valuable in the pen

Madson starting and Tejada not is more valuable than Tejada starting and Madson not. I don't understand the fascination with Tejada. Yeah, he's young, but he's nothing special.

I would try to acquire Mark Redman form the pirates, he is a f/a at the end of year pitching very well. not sure what else is out there. The Pirates have no first baseman of note with power: Howard + for Redman and Solomon Torres or one of there lefties in the Pen, get a quality starter and bullpen help.

With the Pirates hovering around .500, Littlefield isn't going to sell. The way their front office sees it, they are on the right track, doing the right things. They aren't, but that's how they see it.

Not sure what kind of market for Howard there is, I think we may be dissapointed with the return we receive back.

Howard's peak value in a trade is probably past him now.

it was a BS deal

Homophobe Jones was useless, but they gave up nothing of value.
Hear what your saying about the Pirates however Remand is a f/a and unless they sign him they will most certainly trade him

Closed Thread